Differences in playstyle DP3 vs. GCD

Hi there,

I have problems with my Shadow DPS and DP3. Now that I have gotten a few hc haste pieces and a BBoY so I can reach GCD almost without loosing from other stats.
    I read that the playstyle changes a bit with GCD but don´t find the relevant threads.

Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by tsumeno View Post
    Hi there,

I have problems with my Shadow DPS and DP3. Now that I have gotten a few hc haste pieces and a BBoY so I can reach GCD almost without loosing from other stats.
    I read that the playstyle changes a bit with GCD but don´t find the relevant threads.

Can someone help me?
    When you reach GCD:
    - You gain an extra tic on Vampiric Touch
    - When you cast Mind Blast, then Devouring Plague, and then MFI, by the time you finish channeling MFI MB is right off cooldown, which makes for a much more fluid gameplay.

However, to get there you lose optimally 3342 crit / mastery. Crit benefits your healing spells, Mind Blast, Mind Spike / FDCL procs and t90 talents, both healing and damage-wise; and both crit and mastery synergize better than haste with both your 2pc and 4pc t16 bonuses and your PBoI.

In the end there is no overall significant difference in damage between GCD and DP+3, it's just a choice between faster and more fluid gameplay and an extra bit of Mind Blast / Mind Spike / t90 damage and healing through crits.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-02-07 at 10:34 PM.

Totally up to you. Dierdre said it best. It's really up to you/your optimal gear at the time of the post.

I've seen a few priests go dp+ 3 then full mastery. Is this optimal?

Quote Originally Posted by swaylol View Post
    I've seen a few priests go dp+ 3 then full mastery. Is this optimal?
    Nope, that's ask Mr. Robot. Crit Mastery 1:1 (even slightly heavier on crit) has been optimal on most of my sims.

You could vary the ratio from fight to fight in order to min-max, but going full crit or full mastery is always a loss.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-02-08 at 04:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Nope, that's ask Mr. Robot. Crit Mastery 1:1 (even slightly heavier on crit) has been optimal on most of my sims.

You could vary the ratio from fight to fight in order to min-max, but going full crit or full mastery is always a loss.
    Don't want to piss you off again, but shadow sims don't mean shit at the moment.
    Going full Crit or Full Mastery vs 1:1 is a marginal difference in Dps and is influenced by your talent choices and trinkets.
    Saying 4 pc benefits more from crit is only true while not using Di. Saying Crit influences Procc talents more is a lie since mastery Proccs influence FDCL and Di too.
    There are lots of people that have gone full mastery before and seen great results. You can't safely cookie cutter crit and mastery to a near 1:1 ratio and expect it to always yield the best results, but then again you wouldn't lose much while doing so. In the end the difference is created by RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by tsumeno View Post

Can someone help me?
    How?!? Like 90% of the threads made in the last three months are about it. The thread below this one is about it...

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt