Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    tbh i think its because of the 90 boost people are comming back - many likes the game, people who havnt been playing for a long time, because they couldnt make themself level 20lvl or something ... i think...

Deleted
    The irony is that this is just the sort of 'good news' that Blizz can use to justify giving themselves more time to work on WoD to get it right before they release. They have their 'good news' story this quarter/month so there's less need to make release announcements for PR purposes.

Had the news been terrible there would been much more pressure for an early release.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    No, it has to die, can't you hear the prophets' messages!?

I do find it kind of ironic that people are quick to jump on the death train and spam new topics about it every second when the subs fall, but once something positive happens the board is pretty silent about it. That's the human mind for you I suppose, no one wants to discuss the good things.

I do have a feeling it's going to be pretty uneven in the future though. I foresee a loss of subs in the long drought before WoD, but a big rise in subs once the expansion hits. It'll probably be quite the curve for the graphs. Overall the game will sustain itself though, no doubt about that, it's certainly not going to die anytime soon.
    Nothing positive has happened for a long time now. A 200k increase for a new patch (Q4 of 2013) is really not that positive. That amount of subscribers has already cancelled their accounts in 2014.

Not sure why we should all be having a party when there is an obvious small increase in subscribers but we can't be negative when millions cancel their subscriptions.
    I'm also pretty sure everyone was quite positive when WoWs subscribers went up with millions years ago. Stop being such a fanboy :|.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    These threads are just as annoying as "WOW DYINK!!" ones.

This just in, subs fluctuate with content announcements. More at 11.
    Indeed :/ needmorechars

If you are over 40, there is a real good chance World of warcraft will be around when you'll be 6 feet under the ground.

----

Successful franchises live much longer than biological life.

Full 3D WoW and you walking in Azeroth with the aid of a "surround" viewing system ?

Probably here within 5-7 years already.

Frank Pierce already said it recently : we want our games to exist after we are gone, like Disney did it.

So ... haters: there is long long way of frustration incoming.

Warcraft exists 20 years: imagine the dude hating it back then ....

@ Gilian above: 100 million WoW players over 10 years is a constant recruitment pool now that free to play lost its short term effect over all these loser games.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-10 at 09:30 AM.