Poll: Garrosh vs Dranosh

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dranosh vs Garrosh

What if Dranosh (if he were alive) and Garrosh fought for the right of war chief title.
    no heart of y'shaarj powers for garrosh
    Last edited by BreakerofAzeroth; 2019-11-22 at 04:11 AM.

Garrosh would be CLEAVED!!!

Dranosh, no contest.

Garrosh gets taken down time and again by stupid, idiotic things. Dranosh quite literally killed an army of broken back in BC when he was introduced (though he did sustain injuries). And you know what the elders said when he left the village? "The son is the father... May the spirits have mercy on those that stand in his way."

Dranosh > Garrosh. I've a feeling that he'd have made a better Warchief as well (and he was Thrall's first choice, had he not died, unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Dranosh, no contest.

Garrosh gets taken down time and again by stupid, idiotic things. Dranosh quite literally killed an army of broken back in BC when he was introduced (though he did sustain injuries). And you know what the elders said when he left the village? "The son is the father... May the spirits have mercy on those that stand in his way."

Dranosh > Garrosh. I've a feeling that he'd have made a better Warchief as well (and he was Thrall's first choice, had he not died, unfortunately).
    To be fair Garrosh did take down a twilight dragon, taran zhu and a weakened thrall. however but i see where you are coming from
    Last edited by BreakerofAzeroth; 2014-02-09 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He never really did anything and he was Thralls first choice....

such writing

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

such writing
    Lore wise he led the assault on Northrend, which is why Thrall chose him in the first place. With the Cataclysm happening and the world going tits up he wanted to put someone who was a military leader and that his people got behind. (Least the Orcs did.) Thing is it back fired obviously, I view Garrosh and Thrall thing kind of like Tron Legacy. Clu was made to make the perfect world, went to extremes to do it, kind of the same thing Garrosh did because Thrall kind of told him to, too bad it backfired.

But yeah, Drannosh FTW.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about a tag-team deathmatch? Dranosh and Varok vs. Garrosh and Grom

10+ Year Old Account
    All these orcs the Horde can bring back and his father can have his son back.
    Like it never happened, and the son would be raised, and I would love to see the Saurfangs.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Pardon me, but last time i checked mr Dranosh charged, like there is no tomorrow, Lich King and well, died with a single swing by Arthas hand, who didn't even rly pay attention while decimating him like a lil girl. so well, i don't suppose that such braindead orc could posses a threat to one hell of a cunning bastard like Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh wasn't cunning until MoP. So I'm assuming you mean if Dranosh walked from Dragonblight over to Warsong Hold and threw down a duel flag? Yeah, Dranosh would beat him. Remember, at the time, Garrosh was being schooled by Varok as well, so who knows what sort of development Dranosh would have between that point and now, just as Garrosh has.

In Nagrand, Dranosh was a legend, Garrosh was a moody emo band member.

I wince when I quest in Borean Tundra and Varok Saurfang decides to a) paper over Garrosh's idiotic misuse of resources and poor strategy and then b) keep it secret. Way to make sure Garrosh decides he can do no wrong early in his career, hoss.

I would probably pick Dranosh in that fight, too, though, that 3.0 era throwdown -- because Dranosh had already actually been a warrior and out there 'walkin' the earth' while Garrosh was just a self-pitying slug staring into the fire (where we should have left him).

Considering that Varok being Old still made to the Paragons of Klaxxi, and even being very hurt survives, I would say that his son, which only fell to 1 vs 1 with the Lich King himself (something that even Sylvanas and Jaina lost), would mop the floor with him.

And don't forget that Varok had such faith in his son, he gave the cleaving armor to his kid.

Dranosh never really proved anything, and we can't base his strength off of his father's. Honestly, he was stupid enough to run 1v1 into Lich King, that's just about as stupid as some of the things Garrosh has done. I'm inclined to believe that Garrosh would cleave his head off quite easily, I mean, even without the power of Y'shaarj he still beat Taran Zhu 1v1, even if it was with a dirty trick. I'm sure the master of the Shado-Pan would take care of Dranosh in one quick sweep since he's not much more than a standard Orc Warrior, he couldn't do that with Garrosh, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Considering that Varok being Old still made to the Paragons of Klaxxi, and even being very hurt survives, I would say that his son, which only fell to 1 vs 1 with the Lich King himself (something that even Sylvanas and Jaina lost), would mop the floor with him.

And don't forget that Varok had such faith in his son, he gave the cleaving armor to his kid.
    And made him the commander of the elitist if the elite of the Kor'kron, at the front of the war against the Lich King.

Not to mention, even there, he chose a peaceable truce with the Alliance against the Scourge, rather than Garrosh's utterly stupid "Let's fight against both the Alliance and Scourge! At the same time!"

The Horde and probably all of Azeroth would have been better off had Thrall not taken Garrosh on as a charity case -- put Saurfang in charge of the offensive with his son as his lieutenant. Regardless of what Garrosh became after a few years of swagger and warfare, can only really match them up back when they were both around -- Dranosh could have walked into Garadar and kicked Garrosh's ass to Auchindoun in BC, and I doubt that would have changed much prior to Dranosh falling at the Wrathgate.

Garrosh. I don't understand how Dranosh could ...
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

such writing
    Just because we didn't personally witness Dranosh's acts in Northrend doesn't mean they didn't happen. Judging every character by what they do in their screentime alone seems like a bad idea. Garrosh was the one boasting and telling everyone he could of his accomplishments while Dranosh seemed more humble while, at the same time, being equally as kickass. That probably had something to do with Thrall's high opinion of him.

Hell, even Garrosh thought he was a great guy. He went ahead and named the very gates of Orgimmar after him.
    Last edited by mmocd0aa9c1512; 2014-02-06 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    Pardon me, but last time i checked mr Dranosh charged, like there is no tomorrow, Lich King and well, died with a single swing by Arthas hand, who didn't even rly pay attention while decimating him like a lil girl. so well, i don't suppose that such braindead orc could posses a threat to one hell of a cunning bastard like Garrosh.
    To be fair, I don't think Garrosh (or.....really very many other NPCs at all) would've had better results 1v1 against the Lich King. The difference is that Garrosh knew better than to even try it. Result would've been the same if Garrosh had charged in.

Much as I hate to say it, in Dranosh vs Garrosh, I'd give the edge to Garrosh. He no longer has any sense or honor or fair play, which means he's not afraid to win by any means necessary. If Garrosh is at any kind of disadvantage, he'll either slink away and wait for another chance (read: every 1v1 he's ever had with Varian), or he'll have some kind of ambush waiting. He's willing to do the dishonorable/underhanded kind of stuff that Dranosh wouldn't do, and that gives him an edge. Things might've been different before Garrosh went full douchebag.

Now, if we were talking about a fair 1v1 with no dirty tricks, Dranosh would wipe the floor with that ass. But we all know a fair 1v1 with no dirty tricks is not gonna happen when Garrosh is involved. Also, this thread needs a poll.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-06 at 03:38 PM.

Grom beats Varok.
    Dranosh beats Garrosh.
    Grom beats Dranosh.

Hellscream's win.

GG

Deleted
    Wrong thread for some reason, was sure I was in the whisper thread of Old gods, wtf? O.o
    Last edited by mmoce57b6f53e2; 2014-02-06 at 03:44 PM.