Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    8.1 and StartISBack helps alot.

There's plenty wrong with 8. All revolving around the word unnecessary.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Start Menu 8 or any other program above.

Also, 15 sec start and shutdown /love

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Desktop aren't the future as far is profit goes, so they don't aim to keep that the easiest to handle.
    Wrong assumptions. For some reason both the gaming and OS developing crowd seem to be unable to understand that there's different demographics around and you'll never be able to milk them all with just one approach.

Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Change, it's scary. I use 8.1, works perfectly
    Absolutely nothing to do with change, Windows 8.1 is clunky, it keeps all kind of stuff hidden from the user not wanting the user to access it, it's interface is counter intuitive and not very good. Hell the gaming industry so far agrees with me you can look it up. The only ones I've seen defend it are hardcore microsoft fanboys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I know alot of people who use win8, and they(myself included) have no problems with it. If it bothers you so much either install classicshell which will bring back the start menu or reinstall win7, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    This. People don't like change. I never used the damn startmenu again since windows search feature was added in Windows vista/7. This OP's rant just seems like an ignorant hatespeech to me, and serves no purpose.

I love Win8, and I've always been a desktop person. I don't even own a tablet or smartphone.
    Hello Fanboy, it does serve a purpose it makes me feel better about the atrocity I've been forced to put up with. Windows 8/8.1 is simply not an OS that has been developed for a desktop pc, it's for tablets. Hell the sales breaking in and most people hating it should tell you that much.

But please elaborate. What exactly does windows 8/8.1 offer you that's so great? That cooking app it comes pre installed with, or maybe the advertisement apps?

Windows 8 (and particularly 8.1) is a much better OS than 7.

Those ripping on 8 have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, and no idea how to use the OS.

8 made quite a change to the interface side of things and because most people are too lazy to spend time learning the new methods of navigation, they immediately slam it as bad. The reality is that if you bother to take the time to learn how it actually works, you can navigate far quicker than on 7.

Some of you people are just over doing how bad Windows 8 is. I have windows 8.1 on my gaming PC and I haven't had any problems at all. People just don't like change and getting used to things I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who say they miss the start button / thinks the "Metro" UI is horrible are the ones who aren't very good with computers.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Change, it's scary. I use 8.1, works perfectly
    Don't fix what isn't broken.

I like the Windows 7 layout. I don't want a smartphone PC. I have no interest in any of the things Windows 8 brings to the table.

I'm not a hater, by any means. If you like Windows 8 and it works for you, great. But it's not what I want.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    lol, dat passive agressiveness.
    /Thread pls?

10+ Year Old Account
    meh its alright, starts pretty quickly, my main problem is that i cant seem to play HoMM3 on it

the iPad/Smartphone-esque start screen is pretty pointless imo, but doesn't seem to interfere with anything

if i could be bothered i'd go back to 7 however, thank goodness i got windows 8 for free then
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

But please elaborate. What exactly does windows 8/8.1 offer you that's so great? That cooking app it comes pre installed with, or maybe the advertisement apps?
    Well the search function is much better so finding settings and programs is way, way faster, of course.

I love how you call people who defend Windows 8 a fanboy. Makes you seem mature and smart. You are mature and smart though, right?

Nobody forces you to use Windows 8 either, as you so maturely put it. You are free to downgrade or install another OS anytime you want.
    Hi

I'm gonna go ahead and close this. There's nothing that's been said here or will be said here that hasn't been said in the dozens of other threads about Windows 8; nothing constructive will come from this thread, those that dislike W8 will use the thread to complain about it while those who like it will try to defend it.