Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

most unique class

whats the most unique class now in mop ? theres been some homogenization of all the classes since few xpacs, so what makes them unique ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel like there Is, especially with healers having the same kind of spells.

- Instant heal
    - Some kind of shield
    - Slow large heal
    - Slow heal (lower mana cost)
    - Fast heal (higher mana cost)
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I don't feel like there Is, especially with healers having the same kind of spells.

- Instant heal
    - Some kind of shield
    - Slow large heal
    Pretty much this to be honest
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Demonology Warlock.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post

- Instant heal
    - Some kind of shield
    - Slow large heal
    Except they all still play differently. Holy priests almost never use Power Word: Shield while it is a staple of the Disc Priest. Shamans have no absorb shield that is cast-at-will, and neither do Druids. Shamans use their smallest heal most vs Disc/Holy that use Greater.

OT: Most of the classes share some major cooldowns but every class brings something unique to the table or, at least, something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Shamans use their smallest heal most vs Disc/Holy that use Greater.
    ....What? Shamans have so much mana they spam their big heals if they need to single target heal, and neither Disc nor Holy should ever touch Greater Heal.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    ....What? Shamans have so much mana they spam their big heals if they need to single target heal, and neither Disc nor Holy should ever touch Greater Heal.
    You would spam healing surge over healing wave?

My experience in LFR in 520 or so gear. I'm not a min/maxer. When I play holy, if I'm gearing up for a lot of single target I take advantage of Serendipity as often as possible. As Disc my go-to heal is Greater over Flash for damage. Heal has its place but it can't outpace LFR or normal raid damage.

Surely the only answer is the Hunter....

Only ranged physical damage class (I know a lot of our damage is magic but still) also the only class that uses a bow/gun

Monk feels unique and different to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Monk feels unique and different to me.
    Dunno but monk feel similar to my ret pally on the spl usage

You would spam healing surge over healing wave?

My experience in LFR in 520 or so gear. I'm not a min/maxer. When I play holy, if I'm gearing up for a lot of single target I take advantage of Serendipity as often as possible. As Disc my go-to heal is Greater over Flash for damage. Heal has its place but it can't outpace LFR or normal raid damage.
    Healing Surge has an extra 30% chance to crit after casting Riptide or Chain Heal, both of which are Shaman staples, especially the former. Depending on whether you run a high crit/haste build, it has roughly from 60% chance to 75% chance to crit(with current normal/heroic raiding gear).

And when Healing Surge crits, you proc Resurgence which refunds a significant portion of the mana cost, making Healing Surge a very cost effective spell to use - also procs Ancestral Awakening if it crits, no small bonus there since it's a smart heal on the most injured target 40y away, all of these factors add up as a very high throughput/mana-efficient method to single target heal as a Shaman.

For Holy, Greater Heal is indeed a possible way to refresh Renew after using Flash Heal, but really, half the time smart usage of Cascade and Serenity is more than enough to maintain Renew on the appropriate targets.

For Disc Priest, PW:S is more efficient as a spot "heal" compared to Flash or Greater. Only time you should ever need to use Flash/Greater/Binding is if you are expected to heal by yourself(i.e. solo healing strats for fights like Shamans, Spoils, Siegecrafter and Garrosh) where you are expected to bring the raid's health up without the help of another healer.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-02-09 at 12:59 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Healing Surge has an extra 30% chance to crit after casting Riptide or Chain Heal, both of which are Shaman staples, especially the former. Depending on whether you run a high crit/haste build, it has roughly from 60% chance to 75% chance to crit(with current normal/heroic raiding gear).

And when Healing Surge crits, you proc Resurgence which refunds a significant portion of the mana cost, making Healing Surge a very cost effective spell to use - also procs Ancestral Awakening if it crits, small bonus there since it's probably going to overheal, but point still stands as a very high throughput/mana-efficient method to single target heal as a Shaman.

For Holy, Greater Heal is indeed a possible way to refresh Renew after using Flash Heal, but really, half the time smart usage of Cascade and Serenity is more than enough to maintain Renew on the appropriate targets.

For Disc Priest, PW:S is more efficient as a spot "heal" compared to Flash or Greater. Only time you should ever need to use Flash/Greater/Binding is if you are expected to heal by yourself(i.e. solo healing strats for fights like Shamans, Spoils, Siegecrafter and Garrosh) where you are expected to bring the raid's health up without the help of another healer.
    Well you learn something new every day.

Regardless of how the mechanics play out like that, I maintain that the classes & specs are far from the same. There is enough differences and niches that each spec fits into that makes it fun. Some fights some healers/dps/tanks are better due to X or Y abilities or the role that they can take on.

Monks and I gotta say Warlock in a way, because of the 3 uniques specs/extra ressources, compared to the rogue or the Hunter (pure dps).

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel pretty unique (from other classes) as my Hunter.

Hunter. The only class that can used ranged weaponry and focus. So all bows,crossbows and guns are purely designed for hunters alone. Not only that, they are the only class that have such an variety of options in buff. They can provide any raid buff or debuff that you need while all other classes do not get that option.

Well you learn something new every day.

Regardless of how the mechanics play out like that, I maintain that the classes & specs are far from the same. There is enough differences and niches that each spec fits into that makes it fun. Some fights some healers/dps/tanks are better due to X or Y abilities or the role that they can take on.
    Yes, agree with this. Most raiders already agree that different healers are strong at different roles(spread/stacked healing) and achieve their healing in different ways that this thread probably shouldn't exist at all.

warlock, believe me when i say, i have 10alts and I simple cannot play with then, sometimes i get exited and log and level or do some lfr, but it becomes boring and unchallenging pretty fast.

on topic, demonology warlock is unique, also balance druid and mistweaver monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Hunter. The only class that can used ranged weaponry and focus. So all bows,crossbows and guns are purely designed for hunters alone. Not only that, they are the only class that have such an variety of options in buff. They can provide any raid buff or debuff that you need while all other classes do not get that option.
    too bad all three hunter specs are basically the samething.

I'd say feral with the closest thing to that being Unholy, but feral has so many open GCD's and timers, it feels unlike most things I play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    too bad all three hunter specs are basically the samething.
    OP is asking for the most unique class, not for the most unique spec.
    So I'd go with hunters too.