Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    sifting through dead minions and ressurecting one could be fun.

Battle Res!
    Hi

It would be okay in my eyes. Make it cost four or five mana crystals.

I personally think a card like this would be too powerful and ultimately undermines strategy and good deck-building.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I personally think a card like this would be too powerful and ultimately undermines strategy and good deck-building.
    Don't see how, unless it were very cheap. If it costs 6+ mana, then it's just spend your turn and a card (which you have also had to draw) to draw a card, during which your enemy is happy to play cards that give them board control. People can play around it just as easily as they can anything else anyway. So what if you could draw, say, flamestrike on-command? You should always assume the mage is ready to play flamestrike at 7+ mana, so it wouldn't change much. Same obviously goes for every other card, especially on the turn after your opponent plays the card-drawing card; you know he just drew his deck's best solution to the problem he's in, so play around it. You have the momentum anyway.

But then I guess my opinion is based. I prefer as little of the game's outcome to be in the hands of the dice as possible. To lose because you can't draw any of your 4 board clears even with just 9 cards left, and similar situations, is just lame.

Cards like nourish or sprint sure are more powerful.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I don't like this kind of card. It basically changes it from "I hope I topdeck this Pyroblast to finish this noob off" from "I hope I topdeck Pyroblast OR Cardsearch so I can finish this guy off".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    So what if you could draw, say, flamestrike on-command? You should always assume the mage is ready to play flamestrike at 7+ mana, so it wouldn't change much.
    There is a mighty big difference in presumption and reality.

Good ole Demonic Tutor, restricted to 1 card per deck and they had to change the artwork to remove the pentagram.

Some ideas I think would be great for Hearthstone:

Cards that force removal of cards still in opponents deck (Millstone deck theme from old MoTG)

Mana 'burn' cards, cards that cause damage to be taken from not completely depleting mana crystals each turn.

Mana replacement cards: remove all mana crystals and instead you sacrifice health to cast spells.

They could also do more with creating mechanics which cannot be dispelled through destroying a minion
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Yes it would break the game. Clan-search cards are strong as is; General-search cards are absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Battle Res!
    No card, at all, has graveyard interaction. And I'd prefer NOT to have a Monster Reborn.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see how, unless it were very cheap. If it costs 6+ mana, then it's just spend your turn and a card (which you have also had to draw) to draw a card, during which your enemy is happy to play cards that give them board control. People can play around it just as easily as they can anything else anyway. So what if you could draw, say, flamestrike on-command? You should always assume the mage is ready to play flamestrike at 7+ mana, so it wouldn't change much. Same obviously goes for every other card, especially on the turn after your opponent plays the card-drawing card; you know he just drew his deck's best solution to the problem he's in, so play around it. You have the momentum anyway.

But then I guess my opinion is based. I prefer as little of the game's outcome to be in the hands of the dice as possible. To lose because you can't draw any of your 4 board clears even with just 9 cards left, and similar situations, is just lame.

A General-search card effectively guaruntees you whatever you need at that turn or next turn, giving you an immediate auto setup or counter that you currently need. Even if the card cost 10 mana, it would still be to powerful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    Just wondering what you guys thought. There is a card like this in MTG, it got nerfed hard a while back. Was thinking if such a card could exist in Hearthstone or if it'd break the game.

Any ideas guys? Purely hypothetical debate.

If this card would have had existed , this mega super end of this Hearthstone match would have not been existed .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIKQg...re=c4-overview
    Would have been such a pitty .

Both the players would have just searched for the cards they needed. And the match would have been just boring.
    Instead of being one of the most beautifull I ever saw.

How about an Exodia-like combo in the game, where you instantly win when you draw all 5 pieces of the minion. Comes from Yu-Gi-Oh. But the difference is that the deck limit in HS is 30 while Yugioh is 40, makes it quicker to draw them all, but it would also mean you need to hold on those pieces.

Only if it comes with a 10 cost and even then I don't know.

If they put a DK class in, it should have a card:

Raise Dead, 6 mana, returns a random dead friendly minion to the battlefield.

They've attempted it in other games its just impossible to balance. Even if you made it cost 10 mana it still GUARANTEES you a late game card. It's just simply to powerful; Magic has attempted to recreate different version of Tutor but they're always kinda "meh" (I can't remember but one near the Ravnica block was pretty insane). It's just far to difficult to balance.

There is a card like this in MTG, it got nerfed hard a while back.
    Out of curiosity, which card are you talking about? Mtg cards don't generally get 'nerfed.' They usually get erratad to clarify potential rules issues or banned entirely in the format they are problematic in. If that's what you meant by nerfed, then okay. But if you mean 'changed' like they do with cards in HS, yeah, that doesn't happen.

Was thinking if such a card could exist in Hearthstone or if it'd break the game.

How much would it cost?
    Rarity?
    Which class would have it?

Considering it should be useless early game, that there is no guarantee that it will be of any use (say near the end), I'd punt for 6 mana.
    Following this I feel like this and then turn 7 flame strike would be unfair. So not a Mage card.

Any ideas guys? Purely hypothetical debate.
    Technically speaking, those kinds of cards are called 'tutors.' They are typically required for combo decks to function, but they also make aggro/control decks run better. Anything that tutors for resource cards especially. Now, there are priest and warlock cards that already do this (Mindgames/Thoughtsteal and Sense Demons) though the priest ones get things from your opponent's deck and the warlock one only gets demons from your deck (randomly chosen demons, too). Outside of that, Druids have a similar mechanic that gives them empty mana crystals (Wild Growth/Nourish) or temporarily increases full ones (Innervate) which is basically like tutoring for resource cards, but it's not really the same because mana crystals don't come from your deck like normal resource cards would in other card games.

I don't consider cantrips (spells that draw a card when played) to be tutors, nor do I consider scrying cards to be tutors (Hunter's Tracking card). I think the cards we have are fairly priced in terms of the effect they provide, but I doubt Blizzard will ever add true tutoring cards that let you pick what you want from your entire deck. They seem to be more worried about making everything in the game ultra conservative, so as not to build a truly enjoyable card game experience.

They've attempted it in other games its just impossible to balance. Even if you made it cost 10 mana it still GUARANTEES you a late game card. It's just simply to powerful; Magic has attempted to recreate different version of Tutor but they're always kinda "meh" (I can't remember but one near the Ravnica block was pretty insane). It's just far to difficult to balance.
    Wotc hasn't had any issues balancing tutor cards at all. In fact, they frequently print Diabolic Tutor and it's currently standard legal as part of the 2014 Core set. 2BB to search your deck for any card you want isn't OP. They even printed Bring of the Black Dawn in Mirrodin block, letting you tutor for 2 life each turn, and it still wasn't broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    theres a card like that in most tcg's
    MTG has a lot of cards like that but, then again in MTG you can block. I don't think it'd fit in hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Battle Res!
    God... "What? You killed my Ironbark Protector? Nah, don't think so."

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    And yet every other TCG has cards that let you do that.
    Yeah, but the problem is more that HS is a TCG in which each player gets relatively little control over what their opponent does, because there's still a very limited pool of cards, and 'Secrets' are limited by class and need to be cast in advance, it's pretty easy to juke them if you think they might have something ready to prevent you from doing whatever it is you plan to do.

They also aren't exactly fast cards to play. A good player may know what he needs to win the game, the casual player may spend a good chunk of time digging through his deck humming and hawwing over what to pick.

Deleted
    It would reduce the element of RNG.

Can't have that happening in the Land of Blizzard ; Diablo and WoW being prime suspects.

yeah, if there werent any powerful 4mana cards... we certainly dont need more mages that just blast your face and then search for the final fireball or rogues that just search for leeroy into double prep cold blood...

lets face it, the card would need to be at the very least 8 mana to be any balanced and not create even cheesier decks than what we see today. I would rather see those suggestions from above with deathrattle divines from GY etc. HS just isnt balanced around having this type of card, ever.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    such card could garanty that a mage would have a pyro in his hand. Which means, any oppponent only has 20 health against mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    such card could garanty that a mage would have a pyro in his hand. Which means, any oppponent only has 20 health against mage.
    It also means the mage needs to spend x mana to get that pyro. If you make the card 6+ mana, that also means he can't do anything else of relevance that turn, leaving him vulnerable
    Monk, I need a monk!!!