Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Expansion Idea - Kezan

A thought i had about Kezan as it's own expansion (this is just loose ideas nothing really all that well thought though). It would be more like Panda initially lacking a main villain at start but later be shown. It would give Goblins and Gnomes much needed lore etc. The main theme would be Tech and it's place against magic and other sources of power

Story:
    With the World healing after the Cataclysm The Steemwheel Cartel have moved to reclaim Kezan in a big way. On this venture the Horde have sent the Biglewater Recolonisation Initiative to claim back the cartel lost holdings and the Alliance have sent the Technology Advance Foundation a group of the more mechanically minded races of the Alliance mostly Gnomes with some Dwarfs and Goats) to study goblin tech to improve the alliance own understanding. Something of a technological arms race between the factions. However in the absence of the Goblins forces have moved to conqueror territory.

As the Expansion goes on the Player would be "tricked" into aiding a shadow faction into raiding a titan facility (http://wowpedia.org/Shrine_of_the_Ancients) and other troves of technology. The Faction called the Machinists would later reveal themselves made up of member of traitor tinkers and engineers from the Horde and Alliance (some of which you'd have quested for over the expansion and know well) who seek to overthrow current factions in the world to place a Technocracy using the tech gathered by the players over the cause of the Expansion. Scenarios could included and attack on Darlan.

Zones _ Kezan it's self would become a "continent" smaller then previous ones

1. Resort Springs – Once a Goblin’s Idea of a paradise however the devastation wrought has the land broken. The regions severed as the main area for hosting guests in Kezan with its two largest ports Edj and Bilgewater Port on either side of the region it act as the entrance to Kezan. As the Bilgewater Recolonisation Initiative move back into their old homes and the Technology Advancement Foundation take up residence in Edj to use it base the factions prepare to take the riches of Kezan for themselves. Venture Corp have a occupied the region and act as the main villains in the region as the questline involve establishing a presence on the island. Think Golbin Malibu with lots of pleasure places and the like

2, The Troll Wilds– With the Goblins mostly gone the Trolls of Kezan with the help of the Zandlai have taken to healing the land due to the fertile soil from the eruption. Now a dangerous tropical jungle lurking with savage beast and more brutal trolls the returning Goblins fear the dark corners of the jungle. Here the player would try to dislodge the Zandali as they try to take Kezan back for themselves.

3. Ashlands - Region most effected by the eruption and is still a fiery waste land where fire elementals. Some Goblins survivors have formed a fire cult and to worship their god in the mountain, they plan to burn the rest of kezan.

4. The Black Coast – The area is named for its abundance of oil. The environment down the coast is ruined as large mutant animals affect by the toxic waste stalk the sands. Large off shore oil rigs barley functioning after the Cataclysm litter the shores. The black coast is profitable and Dangerous. Venture would also feature heavily in the Zone.

5. Kajafields – Kezans greatest veins of Kaja’mite are found here. Maybe Shollzar like factions were you side with one of two rival mining corporations. Completely different story depending on the one chosen by players.

6. Kajaro Heights - The mountainous regions of Kezan possible with a ski resort and other dangers but scars from the eruption are still very much present of the mounts.

7. Undermine - The ruins of Undermine hold the greatest trove of Goblin secrets. Both factions are trying to curry favour with the Steemwheel cartel has they try to make the city liveable once again.

Raid Ideas

Core of Kajaro - face off against the fire cult god (a large fire elemental probably one of rags commanders who had avoid fighting in the power vacuum caused by rags death)

Venture Testing Site - Face off against the "superweapons" of Venture and finally Razdunk

Pleasure Palace - Face off against a rogue trade prince personal mercenary army

Shrine of the Ancients - an Island Titan facility

Dungeon Ideas

A Goblin Lab with associated factors experiments gone wrong

the Naga Gate on early Maps

Troll Dungeon

Bloodsail Armada

Patch Ideas

Titan facility: New Raid

Return of the Blackfuse company getting revenge for the death of their leader

Final showdown with the Machinists

New Class: Tinker (would fit in with themes of expansion but i have no concepts of how it would work)

Fair Enough people agree it's to small thats fair criticism. But what are your feeling on the concepts etc?
    Last edited by mmoc9f751a8e51; 2014-02-09 at 09:16 PM.

Kezan is already in game and is quite small. You just can't make it larger than it's already shown to be.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that Kezan can hold an entire expansion worths of content. If we ever have a south seas/island expansion, then Kezan can be featured prominetly, but an entire expansions worht? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Kezan is already in game and is quite small. You just can't make it larger than it's already shown to be.
    Pretty much agree with this post.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it deserves a full expansion dedicated to it.

As a zone (or even two) for an Azshara Expansion? Yes please.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Some really good ideas there. As a big fan of the Goblin race, I'd love to play it. I do agree with the general consensus that Kezan is a bit too small to have an entire expansion, however, it could be the starting point of a much larger expansion.

Deleted
    A TINY part of Kezan is a playable zone which isn't even vistable after level 5 so No that bollocks. And the shape of land masses changes greatly from source to source. Can hardly expect blizz to make an entire island for one town.

And i thought my zones where different enough to get an expansion out of it but i see your points

10+ Year Old Account

Its small, but you then you also forget that we only got to see about 10% of the island. Also, Undermine is supposed to be pretty huge.

So take the size of the island, and double, or even triple it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqaurehead View Post
    Ashlands
    We darksiders now

A TINY part of Kezan is a playable zone which isn't even vistable after level 5 so No that bollocks. And the shape of land masses changes greatly from source to source. Can hardly expect blizz to make an entire island for one town.

And i thought my zones where different enough to get an expansion out of it but i see your points
    But this isn't source to source, there is already a map in game showing how large. It would be stupid to retcon that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Its small, but you then you also forget that we only got to see about 10% of the island. Also, Undermine is supposed to be pretty huge.

So take the size of the island, and double, or even triple it.
    10%? Try 25% at least. And I didn't forget the Undermine, but the OP is trying to create something that isn't there.

10+ Year Old Account
    10%? Try 25% at least. And I didn't forget the Undermine, but the OP is trying to create something that isn't there.
    Okay, so we have 75% of Kezan's surface to explore, and we have Undermine, other islands, underwater bases or cities, and more than likely some situations outside of Kezan because of the Venture Company, Steamwheddle Cartel, and the Blackfuse company. That's some pretty significant area to cover.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-02-09 at 08:09 PM.

Deleted
    I think it'd make a good focal point for a South Seas expansion pack, but isn't nearly big enough to warrant it's own expansion. I'd quite like to see the ruins of Bilgewater incorporated into the full zone - would add some nice continuity. Undermine would be a great neutral city. We've no confirmation it was destroyed technically.

kezan?

no way, to tiny.

undermine? sure, they could make that place as big as they want to.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    New Class: Tinker (would fit in with themes of expansion but i have no concepts of how it would work)
    Feel free to use my Tinker concept.

Deleted
    But this isn't source to source, there is already a map in game showing how large. It would be stupid to retcon that.

- - - Updated - - -

Earlier maps show it as bigger. Thats my point that's just the most recent map. If the Black Temple can be moved in lore then Kezan can be bigger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    We darksiders now
    never played darksiders i assume i stole a name form it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Feel free to use my Tinker concept.
    Thank you

Fair Enough people agree it's to small thats fair criticism. But what are your feeling on the concepts villains etc?

Earlier maps show it as bigger. Thats my point that's just the most recent map. If the Black Temple can be moved in lore then Kezan can be bigger
    Was Black Temple in game when it was moved in lore? No? You can't make Kezan bigger when it's already in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Black Temple in game when it was moved in lore? No? You can't make Kezan bigger when it's already in game.
    Unless the Cataclysm disaster ended up bringing more areas of the island to the surface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I don't think it deserves a full expansion dedicated to it.

As a zone (or even two) for an Azshara Expansion? Yes please.
    This x 10,000,000

I WANT MY GIANT SEA MONSTER EXPANSION BLIZZARD!! DAMN YOU AND YOUR ORCS!!

Deleted
    Esatern kingdoms lost huge amount of land from Wrath to Cata. And gilenas changed from one version of the world map to the next. I think your getting far to hung up on this fact

Blizzard stated in an interview that they would love to see players return to Kezan, Undermine would make for a very interesting location in a South Seas/Azshara/N'zoth expansion. A Deepholm style, underground Undermine zone would be amazing.
    You just lost The Game