Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhance - Fix my DPS

I tried searching the shaman forums for a "fix my dps" thread, but no luck!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Cbomb/simple

I don't have any damage logs, so I figured I'd just spend some time on a raider's training dummy.

I have three trinkets currently and I've spent 5 minute cycles with the three different combinations:
    1. 1. Haromm's (LFR) + Vicious Talisman of the Shadow-Pan: ~135k DPS
    2. 2. Discipline of Xuen (ilvl 496) + Vicious Talisman: ~105k DPS
    3. 3. Haromm's + Discipline of Xuen: ~101k DPS

Above is without any active CD's, just procs - so no elemental, wolves, etc

Rotation is the same as you'll find on icyveins, noxxic, etc. I'm pretty sure I've got the rotation down, there's very few cases where I know I could have done it better per encounter, and it's usually the result of a late proc.

I'm thinking of buying the Timeless version of Discipline of Xuen (ilvl 535) and will replace either Haromm's or Vicious depending on how my damage comes out.

I've used AskMrRobot to max my gear, and done as he so kindly requested.. but I still feel like my dps isn't where it should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Enhancement is built around the CD's you're not using on the dummy so removing what makes a shaman a shaman is also hurting you quite a lot.

A way better approach would be to simcraft yourself, go into some LFR Iron Juggernaut and try to get things done. If you sit in between the min and max simed, you're on the right tracks to use efficiently your Sham.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyckey View Post
    Enhancement is built around the CD's you're not using on the dummy so removing what makes a shaman a shaman is also hurting you quite a lot.

A way better approach would be to simcraft yourself, go into some LFR Iron Juggernaut and try to get things done. If you sit in between the min and max simed, you're on the right tracks to use efficiently your Sham.
    Thanks for the reply Zyckey!

Re: CD's, I left them out of the dps tests purely because they were a essentially a constant, I pop them in the same sequence and same point each time (depending on the encounter), so I understand that my average dps would naturally go up using them, but for the exercise of seeing where I could improve I figured I'd remove them from the equation.

I'll check out the simcraft as recommended though, thanks!

*edit* Just ran my shaman, and it's coming out as ~168k DPS on a patchwerk style encounter with full raid buffs, so when you throw in CD's I'd say that's fairly accurate. That's a shame though, I was honestly hoping it would be higher.
    Last edited by Schmiggy; 2014-01-29 at 11:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    Thanks for the reply Zyckey!

Re: CD's, I left them out of the dps tests purely because they were a essentially a constant, I pop them in the same sequence and same point each time (depending on the encounter), so I understand that my average dps would naturally go up using them, but for the exercise of seeing where I could improve I figured I'd remove them from the equation.

I'll check out the simcraft as recommended though, thanks!
    As Zyckey said, either go into real raid situations with buffs and cooldowns or use Simcraft. Dummy DPS is never a good indicator, most specs' DPS goes up exponentially with cooldowns and buffs simply due to the inflated stat values.
    An easy way of finding the theoretical best setup for your gear: go to askmrrobot.com, import your character. Import the setup using each of the trinket setups you mentioned to Simcraft and simming it. Voila.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As said above, cooldowns are the crux of this spec. If you arent using them, youre doing it wrong.

Youre also basing it on dummy DPS, I would be much more inclined to go sit on Iron Juggers or Malkorok and report back.

Youre missing some key spots, weapon and trinket would go a LONG way and of course cloak/meta. Thinking back to what I was doing around that time I would say youd probably be around 160ish with current gear.

If youre having trouble with the rotation, check out Hekeli as well.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2014-01-29 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    As said above, cooldowns are the crux of this spec. If you arent using them, youre doing it wrong.

Youre also basing it on dummy DPS, I would be much more inclined to go sit on Iron Juggers or Malkorok and report back.

Youre missing some key spots, weapon and trinket would go a LONG way and of course cloak/meta. Thinking back to what I was doing around that time I would say youd probably be around 160ish with current gear.

If youre having trouble with the rotation, check out Hekeli as well.
    Just to reiterate, in a raid scenario I absolutely use cooldowns - I didn't use them in this exercise purely because they were essentially a constant and I was trying to narrow down on the variables.

Simcraft came out at ~168k DPS, and if I understood it right, +/- 10k DPS.

On Siegecrafter Blackfuse just now I finished on about 188k DPS for the encounter with 2x endurance and sloppy tanking, so I think that works out to be pretty spot on. I guess I'm in the right place, which is a little disappointing.
    Last edited by Schmiggy; 2014-01-29 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace Discipline of Xuen with the Shado-pan trinket imo. AoC or Blackfuse trink LFR will be a big upgrade, AoC most of all.
    At your ilvl i would suggest running EM/PE. It won't be a huge difference but push out significantly higher burst especially at your haste value.

Legenary Meta and cloak will push you over the 250k average mark along with trinket and another SoO weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Replace Discipline of Xuen with the Shado-pan trinket imo. AoC or Blackfuse trink LFR will be a big upgrade, AoC most of all.
    At your ilvl i would suggest running EM/PE. It won't be a huge difference but push out significantly higher burst especially at your haste value.

Legenary Meta and cloak will push you over the 250k average mark along with trinket and another SoO weapon.
    Cloak is a long way off unfortunately, I only just started playing again after a year long break, so I'm only up to stage 2.. need to hit revered with black prince and get 3000 valor, which I'll get this week.

So you don't think it's worth buying the timeless isle Discipline of Xuen? I don't know when I'll get either AoC or Blackfuse trink..

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak is a long way off unfortunately, I only just started playing again after a year long break, so I'm only up to stage 2.. need to hit revered with black prince and get 3000 valor, which I'll get this week.

So you don't think it's worth buying the timeless isle Discipline of Xuen? I don't know when I'll get either AoC or Blackfuse trink..
    Well you won't be using coins for anything else i'm assuming, so it's certainly not a waste. Just be aware that LFR AoC and Blackfuse trinket will certainly be better, especially AoC.

Deleted
    If you upgrade a Xu'en to 535 (with a Burden of Eternity), it'll beat anything you have at present (especially on the pull with all that Ascendance nature dmg). Haromm's is fine for the other slot until you get AoC. (don't use Shado-pan unless you have nothing better, there's far too much +hit gear in SoO)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    If you upgrade a Xu'en to 535 (with a Burden of Eternity), it'll beat anything you have at present (especially on the pull with all that Ascendance nature dmg). Haromm's is fine for the other slot until you get AoC. (don't use Shado-pan unless you have nothing better, there's far too much +hit gear in SoO)
    You can't upgrade the trinkets, only pruchase the 535 versions for 50k Timeless Coins.

So is that the optimal trinket combination for enhance then? AoC + blackfuse trinket? Regardless of the raid level (lfr, normal, flexi, etc)?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's never regardless of the raid level - at optimal ilvl, AoC and Haromm's will sim out as the best combination, with Blackfuse's trinket being right behind Haromm. Personally I would say AoC is without a doubt the best trinket, since the cooldown reductions help be more useful on a LOT of fights. Haromm's proc is simply sick burst.

Any combination of AoC, Blackfuse and Haromm is very good though.

Just to reiterate, in a raid scenario I absolutely use cooldowns - I didn't use them in this exercise purely because they were essentially a constant and I was trying to narrow down on the variables.
    Hey,

Just to point out though, that these are not constant, they are affected by your stats in different ways. I'm just guessng here, maybe someone has some real maths, but I would think things like ascendance might give more weight to mastery procs, agility procs might affect things differently, pushing dps around.

I have currently The Shado-Pan (522 with hit reforged to mastery) and the AoC (flex upgraded (548)). I wanted to buy the Xuen 535 this week end but simcraft tells me that if I switch Shado-Pan for Xuen I loose 1% dps... Too bad I have farmed 45k coins for nothing !

Edit : My Bad ! I did'nt noticed that without the Shado-Pan trinket I lose the hitcap if I don't reforge anything which explains why it was a loss. In fact it's a quite nice upgrade !
    Last edited by Trample; 2014-01-31 at 03:53 PM.

Linked a video. It takes practice as Enhance utilizes more abilities then any other spec (could be wrong, never played a feral). I recommend utilizing an addon to track your CD's (I prefer Weakauras) but it's all preference. Practice, practice, practice. Eventually you'll get to the point where the rotation feels smooth. It just seems chaotic at first.

I should mention I hate all Shaman that get to stay on Fuse...

In my raid, I am a belt bitch....where our Rogue and Mage "rotate" cause they can't burst it down everytime....pansies

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I should mention I hate all Shaman that get to stay on Fuse...

In my raid, I am a belt bitch....where our Rogue and Mage "rotate" cause they can't burst it down everytime....pansies
    I did it for awhile, but we have 3 hunters and 2 rogues. So they take care of it lol.

Deleted
    Well, i'm on belt duty... Often on the odd one... our 2nd RL doesn't believe in Shamans, I guess I should be happy about not being benched when it's his turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyckey View Post
    Well, i'm on belt duty... Often on the odd one... our 2nd RL doesn't believe in Shamans, I guess I should be happy about not being benched when it's his turn.
    Call your RL an idiot for me