Poll: Month of WoD release

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Poll: When do you think WoD will be released?

Nice and simple, vote what month you think it will be released with all the info so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poll No. 8473657982645978236452

June / July. Just to satisfy you.

10+ Year Old Account
    May is my guess. Do it before the summer vacation, and right at the end of school.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might help give you a more educated guess.

Season 8 (last season of BC) = 37 weeks
    Season 9 = 28 weeks
    Season 10 = 21 weeks
    Season 11 (last season of Wrath) = 38 weeks
    Season 12 = 22 weeks
    Season 13 = 26 weeks
    Season 14 = 22 weeks
    Season 15 (last season of MoP) = ???
    ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̋̅̅ ̅̅̅̋̅̅̅̅̅̋̅̅̅̅̅̋
    Based on this I'm going to guess that it will end between 22 weeks and 37 weeks after starting. It will start Feb 25, the week after this one ends.
    22 weeks = July 29th
    37 weeks = Nov 11th

Now we also need to factor in the other huge unknown variable... Wildstar. No one knows when the release date for Wildstar is and I bet Blizzard is watching closely. The rumor is that it's scheduled for a Spring release, but could push into Summer or even Q4 if they want. I don't know what Blizzard's strategy will be, but I'm willing to bet they release WoD as close to Wildstar as they can, within the month before or after it comes out.

Keep your eyes open for a Wildstar release date!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they'll care about Wildstar; they can't just "release it" like that, there's a schedule in place all of their own. It'll be about 5-6 months of Beta, which will probably land a couple of weeks after the new Arena season starts, so mid August, or early September at the latest.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with these polls already! We have no idea when it'll be available. It'll most likely be June or July, as Reaper of Souls is out in March, and War Crimes out in May. I do agree with SeriousPVP that Blizzard will want to want to have a strategic date to combat the other MMOs-Mainly Wildstar and The Elder Scrolls Online. The latter is out in April for PCs, and June for consoles. I bet Blizzard would like to launch WoD in July just to watch the others crash. I bet when TESO announces its release date is when Blizzard launches the beta, so there's renewed interest in the game.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousPvP View Post
    This might help give you a more educated guess.

̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̋̅̅ ̅̅̅̋̅̅̅̅̅̋̅̅̅̅̅̋
    Based on this I'm going to guess that it will end between 22 weeks and 37 weeks after starting. It will start Feb 25, the week after this one ends.
    22 weeks = July 29th
    37 weeks = Nov 11th

Now we also need to factor in the other huge unknown variable... Wildstar. No one knows when the release date for Wildstar is and I bet Blizzard is watching closely. The rumor is that it's scheduled for a Spring release, but could push into Summer or even Q4 if they want. I don't know what Blizzard's strategy will be, but I'm willing to bet they release WoD as close to Wildstar as they can, within the month before or after it comes out.

Keep your eyes open for a Wildstar release date!

Going by history yes, but I have been hearing rumblings that this will be the shortest pvp season in wow's existence. So we will see. I'm guessing sometime in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't think they'll care about Wildstar; they can't just "release it" like that, there's a schedule in place all of their own. It'll be about 5-6 months of Beta, which will probably land a couple of weeks after the new Arena season starts, so mid August, or early September at the latest.
    Wildstar and Elder Scrolls will both hurt WOW. When you are the leader any release hurts you. Especially if they add in features.

When I play RIFT or GW2 I get pumped when people are in the same area as me. When I see people in WOW in the same area as me I DREAD it. There goes my nodes, now I need to run around and tap everything. For a MMO game, WOW sure makes it so you hate playing with other people.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    December it was April
    January it was May/June
    Now it's July/August.

Where is the outrage?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

And the point of this is...? None of your answers matter. It will be released when it's ready.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We only know that it won't be during the summer, anything else is speculation :/ I'd say September/October, more likely the second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Wildstar and Elder Scrolls will both hurt WOW. When you are the leader any release hurts you. Especially if they add in features.

When I play RIFT or GW2 I get pumped when people are in the same area as me. When I see people in WOW in the same area as me I DREAD it. There goes my nodes, now I need to run around and tap everything. For a MMO game, WOW sure makes it so you hate playing with other people.
    Nothing hurts WoW, WoW simply kills them and incorperates their original ideas.

Every player wants the new game to BE WoW, they don't want original ideas that may be unpolished. When a new game comes oit, it has a bump, then players see the unpolished state and return to WoW, killing the other game. Then WoW later adds the same system, but polished.

Players don't quit WoW now, they quit MMOs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    And the point of this is...? None of your answers matter. It will be released when it's ready.
    You must not have played Dragon Soul.

It matters. Blizz never plans enough raids to fit their expansion, leaving us with 6 months of boredom at the end of each expansion. Then they justify it by saying they were too dumb in Wrath to create a dedicated patches team
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2014-02-14 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    Why do people always fall for this. It's always in the autumn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Soon™

/tenchars
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post

No they won't. Nothing has yet, and there's been plenty who tried. The only thing that ever hurt WoW was WoW itself. None of them can bring forward a release date without compromising quality, and ESO/Wildstar are absolutely in the worst position to try pulling that trick and Blizzard know it, they can afford to bide their time because they know damn well what will happen if they don't. They'll keep to their own timetable and be ready to pick up the pieces if ESO/Wildstar rush it and crash; and if they don't crash, people will come back and check out WoW's new expansion anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless beta comes out next month i say September.which mean in 14days when my sub si out i be back in wow sometimes in the fall and im sure many other player are int he same boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they won't. Nothing has yet, and there's been plenty who tried. The only thing that ever hurt WoW was WoW itself. None of them can bring forward a release date without compromising quality, and ESO/Wildstar are absolutely in the worst position to try pulling that trick and Blizzard know it, they can afford to bide their time because they know damn well what will happen if they don't.
    Wildstar is in the best position, but so was ToR. It has to get past the "un-polished" phase alive, first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Wildstar is in the best position, but so was ToR. It has to get past the "un-polished" phase alive, first.
    And then the "Well, what's WoD like then?" phase. If those two coincide, those games are dead in the water unless WoD is a complete failure. Which it just won't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then the "Well, what's WoD like then?" phase. If those two coincide, those games are dead in the water unless WoD is a complete failure. Which it just won't be.
    Honestly I doubt Wildstar survives the unpolished phase. As I said, WoW is the MMO genre now, new games have to match WoW's quality at that time, and no new game can match a 10-year hegemon.