Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    As you see, all three choices either go against traditional Mage playstyle and ranged playstyle or make soloing tedious work. Inability to do fun soloing was the reason I quit Mage for this expansion. An easiness of soloing with Warlock at the same ilvls was outrageous for me.
    Not to mention the super mobility, tanking pet, and lifesteal you had.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I pretty much hate all of the mage changes they made with MoP. Hated them so much that I only bothered to level my mage to 90 within the past couple of months, and only then because I was tired of waiting on guildies for the rep enchants. I've never been able to get into Frost; Fire feels very clunky to me now, and Arcane is still boring. Happily going against rankings and doing well with my shadow priest instead, and I don't see that changing unless mages get a huge overhaul again.

I think for WoD, I may end up making my Warlock my main dps. Mostly because it's going to be 10 levels of questing...and I'm not about to deal with being a squishy mage only to realize the talents suck and the mage isn't fun anymore.

They should just remove the 90 talents and make Blizzard not have a channel like Rain of Fire, then the 90 talents could be:

Each would last 10-15 seconds:

Frozen Orb, deals AoE dmg and slows targets
    Flame Orb, deals AoE dmg and spreads bombs
    Arcane Storm, deals AoE dmg and AoE silences every 5 seconds
    Last edited by muto; 2014-02-20 at 03:07 PM.

I finished leveling my mage alt a few weeks ago and idk why you guys are upset over them

I get that they are mindless, and repetitive but would you really rather have something else like..

(i mained a boomkin, and ele sham this expac)

Boomkin 90 talents:
    A passive damage increase (with an on use to heal for your raid and do no dps)
    A cooldown you just macro with your other ones typically, and then use on cd
    A talent where you are forced to use your 2+ sec cast heal before you enter an eclipse every time (every 10-15 sec)

Ele sham 90 talents:
    A passive fire elemental damage increase
    A 1.5 sec cast you use every 8 sec
    A clunky spell you use every 15 sec to increase damage of 2 other spells

Idk, compared to those choices, ill take my Invocation talent with its 2.4 sec cast every minute compared to some of those boring/complex talents

Quote Originally Posted by Yertillon View Post
    I finished leveling my mage alt a few weeks ago and idk why you guys are upset over them
    That's why you don't get it. Talents were changed, up until 5.4 (or 5.3?) we had 6 second channel on Evocation with Invo (no reduction) and only 40 seconds of buff, Rune had 10 seconds cd and was only 5 yards in diameter.

When I got to level 90 and got toplay I would take anything: sheep tier from Blizzcon, any class talents rather that play with those abominations.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Because the long and the short it is this.

All those abilities you list maybe irritating, maybe clunky but you are balanced around using them and using them well.

Mages are not rewarded with our level 90 talents. We are punished if we don't execute them perfectly.

And I want a carrot I can enjoy using on some level, not a damn stick ready to whack me every minute if I don't time my invocation just right.

They are horrible to the point even BLIZZARD has acknowledged they need to be 'worked on', with the unspoken understanding between the us and the devs that 'worked on' is a fancy code for tossed in the trash.

They are an error, a whole tier that transforms our gameplay style in a profoundly negative way, each achieving the same obnoxious goal of rewarding us with 15% damage so we can be equal with everyone else yet finding three different and equally obnoxious ways of going about it.

A tier born from class homogenization as Blizzard's devs decided, we've made the three specs all use Fire's rotation and fire's bombs, why not give them Arcane's mana managing meta-game too!

The MOP Mage is the worst iteration of the class since TBC's disastorous sunwell experience, and that was due to bad class tuning than actively rubbish mechanics.

These talents need to burn.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2014-02-20 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Because the long and the short it is this.
    The long and short of it is this: He's comparing the mage tier to druids and shaman.

Druids get either a passive WITH a choice of massive raid utility, or a 3 minute CD (which is easy to use), or a "more interesting" steady rotation. That's at least not terrible. That's actually a pretty interesting tier because you can choose between your DPS needs and raid utility which has been what people have killed for this entire expansion.

Shaman... you're comparing probably the shittiest (based on popular vote) 90 tier to the second shittiest 90 tier. Not a good comparison.

Deleted
    They are the reason i stopped playing my mage and went warlock instead.

I get that they are mindless, and repetitive but would you really rather have something else like..

Boomkin 90 talents:
    A passive damage increase (with an on use to heal for your raid and do no dps)
    A cooldown you just macro with your other ones typically, and then use on cd
    A talent where you are forced to use your 2+ sec cast heal before you enter an eclipse every time (every 10-15 sec)

Ele sham 90 talents:
    A passive fire elemental damage increase
    A 1.5 sec cast you use every 8 sec
    A clunky spell you use every 15 sec to increase damage of 2 other spells
    Boomkin 1: Yes please. Why not? Also, the on-use = utility if your raid needs it, even if it sacrifices DPS.
    Boomkin 2: Yes. We lack offensive cooldowns.
    Boomkin 3: Eh, not really. That one could use some work.

Ele 1: Free damage? Fuck yeah.
    Ele 2: I mean... it's no different from a filler and it buffs you pretty nicely. Plus, Ele is built SIGNIFICANTLY better than Mage, so it can support Elemental Blast.
    Ele 3: Ele doesn't take this in the first place because Ele doesn't use Unleash Elements. If they did, this would just be a pure passive ability, so assuming Ele was built to use UE, then yes, I'd gladly take this.

With the exception of Boomkin 3, all of those give you some benefit without serious repercussions (like Invo, RoP, and IW), and some of them are even fun/helpful/utility.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    With the exception of Boomkin 3, all of those give you some benefit without serious repercussions (like Invo, RoP, and IW), and some of them are even fun/helpful/utility.
    Don't forget mages SHOULD expect a bit more. Some shaman talents can be relegated to other specs. Especially the same for druids (so like DoC is mainly for Feral, etc.). Mages should have 3 good talents as a DPS class. There's definitely room for one say Incanter's Ward to be PvP-only designed. But the other two should then be good talents, not "to be dealt with."