Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    For us who have multiple 90 classes which we don't enjoy playing anymore, bliz should add a feature allowing us to perm-terminate a lvl 90 character. For each 90 you terminate you can get a month of free play time.
    What is this for? Apart giving people like you 1 month free of play time, what else does it serve?

If you don't enjoy the game, then move on to other games.

I still have 3 classes I do enjoy playing, just to get rid of the 90s I don't play anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    What is this for? Apart giving people like you 1 month free of play time, what else does it serve?

If you don't enjoy the game, then move on to other games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    That's going to kill money and you know blizzard is about money, Not ever going to happen.
    That is a lot of posts.

On topic. Theres no way Blizzard would implement a system that lets you get free play time when thats their lifeblood. Heck, even the RAF free month necessitates the recruited player -Buying- time.

They won't do it. No reason to be losing money.

10+ Year Old Account
    if that were an option, I would have 2 free years of gameplay coming

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    if that were an option, I would have 2 free years of gameplay coming
    Moreover, it would have been possible to play for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I would like an eve type system where you can trade tons of isk for game time
    Is this guy for real? Dunno where you have been for the last 10 years, but there are people who have played WoW for 9 years or so continuously, some with several dozens of accounts, who not only haven't paid not a single dime to Blizzard for their gametime, but they have also made money from WoW.

Some made a LOT of money, in fact so much money that were I to mention the total revenue minus expenses of a 9-year WoW veteran from and through WoW you would find that number ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They won't do it. No reason to be losing money.
    Funnily enough some companies do this. Like Ubisoft's achievement bank.

By playing the game I get points on achievements I can sell for cosmetic items in my game. such as a big stupid gun for Far cry 3
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Is this guy for real? Dunno where you have been for the last 10 years, but there are people who have played WoW for 9 years or so continuously, some with several dozens of accounts, who not only haven't paid not a single dime to Blizzard for their gametime, but they have also made money from WoW.

Some made a LOT of money, in fact so much money that were I to mention the total revenue minus expenses of a 9-year WoW veteran from and through WoW you would find that number ridiculous.
    You mean glads and would-be glads selling pvp boosts and the like? These methods of making money are against the eula.

I've seen some shit on MMO Champ but this is up there with the worst of it. Why would they give people free playtime for deleting their characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I would have unlimited gametime.

Leveling to 90 only takes 2 days /played

And consider RaF. Drop that 2 days to 20 hours.
    Or, Or I could go, do something productive, or earn 15 bucks in an hour doing really anything else
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were an employee of Blizzard, and I walked into the Conference Room and presented this as an idea, I'm pretty sure I would be immediately shot, killed, and thrown into the dumpster where they put the guy who implemented in game voice chat and the art designers for Trial of the Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Or, Or I could go, do something productive, or earn 15 bucks in an hour doing really anything else
    The problem is with those who are dumb enough or lazy enough or stubborn enough or whatever that they will spend time leveling and keep consuming server resources without paying Blizzard money for that.

you do see the first half of the title?
    We will be able to buy characters for $$, in parallel, a "selling" (terminating) option should be warrantied.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    I've seen some shit on MMO Champ but this is up there with the worst of it. Why would they give people free playtime for deleting their characters?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sell 1 month of game time for 100k gold.

You can make 100k in a month if you try hard for it. It also works as a fat gold sink.
    Against Blizzards ToS, but this has been happening a long time.
    I used to trade gold for gametime, haven't heard about anyone getting banned for it, except for the RAF thing.
    Hi

Deleted
    By buying a 90 blizzard gets money, by killing a 90 what does blizzard get? Nothing, thats why it will never happen.

you do see the first half of the title?
    We will be able to buy characters for $$, in parallel, a "selling" (terminating) option should be warrantied.
    your characters aren't worth anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not paying for the 90s themselves, you're paying to skip the leveling process up to 90. Buying a level 90 boost is an investment of money vs. your own time.

Blizzard has nothing to gain frm doing what you are suggesting. I find it hard to believe you aren't a troll, but your continued efforts to justify this weak idea are leading me to believe otherwise.

Bliz does have something to gain, please re-read the main post.
    I am not trolling, I have 11 90s and just want to utilize (in a way) the 8-9 90s I invested time/money in but not enjoy playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    You are not paying for the 90s themselves, you're paying to skip the leveling process up to 90. Buying a level 90 boost is an investment of money vs. your own time.

Blizzard has nothing to gain frm doing what you are suggesting. I find it hard to believe you aren't a troll, but your continued efforts to justify this weak idea are leading me to believe otherwise.

Bliz does have something to gain, please re-read the main post.
    I am not trolling, I have 11 90s and just want to utilize (in a way) the 8-9 90s I invested time/money in but not enjoy playing anymore.
    OP, you are saying that Blizzard will gain server space. That's nothing. They are in the business of selling that space - and more importantly, selling the service that uses it - not buying it back.