Poll: Least Favorite class to level?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If we were talking tBC times, priest easily. Practically go oom after 2-3 mobs and the dmg was honestly shit. That along with being squishy as hell with no easy way to kite/cc. Lvling a priest to 70 was mentally suicidal, I was practically scrounging for any grps wanting to run instances.

ATM with all classes being easy and speedy as hell to lv, I give it to rogue due to lack of consistent gap closer as melee(from what ive seen) and the need sometimes to stealth and go behind enemies.

Anything through Cata zones, or druids or priests
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Rogues don't get AoE until level 80 (unless they changed that). Enough said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I agree with the poll, Rogues and Priests are difficult. Priests don't do a lot of damage, so I level mine as disc, and Rogues get squashed when facing a lot of mobs, so you can't exactly mass-murder enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Rogues don't get AoE until level 80 (unless they changed that). Enough said.
    Rogues NOW are tedious to leve because of that...but not that bad since "Oh we have to get X item behind 900 mobs" *Shrugs* *stealth* *win* but of course doing Low level dungeons as a Rogue now is like being a rogue in Hyjal ...

oh and answer

Now: ..quite honestly couldn't tell you haven't leveled a new character in ages but I would probably say rogue now
    Real Answer: Pre Cata Priest

Definitely Paladin. So underwhelming.

I actually really liked leveling as a Priest during MoP. I wonder how many of those votes are from people who haven't tried it since BC.

I levelled my priest as holy all the way, its only tedious i think if you can't be bothered or don't find you actually like the class. If you just heal dungeons, because of the fire rate its one of the fastest classes to level.

over all, its simply dps that have it the hardest because of the 30min queues your forced to do quests which albeit fast in places, seems slower than grinding dungeons all the way.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-02-12 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    mage, so boring, priest is just annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harmann View Post
    Kind of surprised to see all the Rogue replies. With Glyph of Deadly Momentum, you literally never have to stop with any spec...in fact, when you consider that you get to spend FAR more time in opener status while killing mobs than in PvP, PvE, or any other aspect of the game, you're using Rogues at their most powerful at all times.

I just leveled mine to 90, and can honestly say it was one of the easiest classes I've done. Before Pandaria content, everything dies within 5 seconds of opening.

I found Druid a lot more tedious personally, and mostly just because I wanted to level as Balance instead of Feral. Balance you just have no choice but to sit there hard-casting some of the longest spells in the game...I actually dread being in Lunar Eclipse state and having to use Starfire. By far the most painful caster class to level. I really think every caster needs at least ONE spell that can be cast on the move, and if Starfire was made that way, it would be such an improvement to the class.
    i agree, Rogues are deadly at the massacre.

Rogue, Priest, Paladin etc.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    rogue sucks ass to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmann View Post
    I found Druid a lot more tedious personally, and mostly just because I wanted to level as Balance instead of Feral. Balance you just have no choice but to sit there hard-casting some of the longest spells in the game...I actually dread being in Lunar Eclipse state and having to use Starfire. By far the most painful caster class to level. I really think every caster needs at least ONE spell that can be cast on the move, and if Starfire was made that way, it would be such an improvement to the class.
    I just leveled a Druid and totally agree. Luckily I got boosted through 70 to 88, because I would've given up otherwise. Some people say Paladin is worse, but even if you take hits to the face you get uptime on your targets and can spec into survivability. Killing stuff while trying to stay alive as Boomkin just goes way slower. Dots are crap and Starfire 2.5s cast sucks balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I levelled my priest as holy all the way, its only tedious i think if you can't be bothered or don't find you actually like the class. If you just heal dungeons, because of the fire rate its one of the fastest classes to level.

over all, its simply dps that have it the hardest because of the 30min queues your forced to do quests which albeit fast in places, seems slower than grinding dungeons all the way.
    You do disc, and you got not only diesel heals, but more damage than a lot of shadow priests (until their abilities start to fill out). That's what I've done on both priests I've leveled.

For me it would have to be hunters. Really don't like dealing with pets (oh man, I tried one back in TBC... it probably scarred me for life, ammo, holding onto useless food to keep my pet happy, I deleted the thing in the mid twenties and didn't try again until cata). Pets just annoy me, same thing with demons and water elementals and the quests that you have to drag along an NPC... ugh. I just want to be an Archer, not some animal loving fool (do not take the second half of this sentence totally serious).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Priest is the worst now. It was rogue before recuperate, but now rogue leveling is a joke. I am going through old content right now, 2x mutilate kills anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I agree with the poll, Rogues and Priests are difficult. Priests don't do a lot of damage, so I level mine as disc, and Rogues get squashed when facing a lot of mobs, so you can't exactly mass-murder enemies.
    You are right about rogues being squishy when outnumbered, because the healing isn't fast/direct enough. As a rogue you are supposed to control the flow of the encounter yourself though, thats why you have stealth.

But priest not doing alot of dmg? I started leveling my priest recentlky (82 now) and its ridiculously easy. Dmg is also more than just fine. Heck necrotic plaque alone kills most mobs in cata zones on it's own. You can also shield and hot while in shadow form, which makes you essentially invincible against 2-4 enemies.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2014-02-12 at 07:55 AM.

I really think it depends on the player. Rogues are one of the least played classes in the game in general, most probably because they're not very interesting to play at low levels. As far as difficulty goes I don't think there's a single class that's tedious. As a rogue in heirlooms you basically one shot your way through the levels. At higher levels you keep SnD and Recup up with deadly momentum. You're at 100% at each mob. You can obtain quest items by stealthing through mob packs and caves.

Priest as second hardest? HUH?!
    Got 3 disc priest, leveling them (with all the possible world/gear/talent combinations) was a blast. Go disc -> fast queues, good dps, never die?
    Interesting.

I'd say rogue.

Rogue is really difficult to level in MoP zones, especially Dread Wastes. They aren't designed to take on large groups of mobs at once and are therefore less efficient at levelling than classes who can. Having said that I have managed to get a rogue to 90 and ditched my priest at 80.

15+ Year Old Account
    This changes through expansions aswell as personal mood. Can't really vote on one.

Though... I REALLY struggle getting my DK past 62, which it has been at for many years already. The time I spent leveling it from 55-62 I had a lot of fun though, then my sub ran out, and I just couldn't ever pick it up again. I guess I'll vote DK.

Hunter, honestly can't stand one shotting mobs with Aimed Shot for the most of the leveling proccess. It's just so booooooooooring. Actually, it was boring even in TBC or WotLK, but now it's even worse. So yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    Rogue go sub and one shot everything.
    I did just that and it was boring. It was so good to hit 90 and finally perform full rotations in raids, instances or even timeless isle elites.