Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the state that disc is in right now, having 2 discs just isn't a problem. Getting rapture every 12 seconds can happen from shielding a dps on most fights, so fighting over tanks isn't a big deal. Just organize spirit shells and you won't step on each other's toes.

and I agree you should leave the shadow priest be unless he is shielding himself randomly, or doing it just to WS himself to troll you. Body & Soul is still a talent some priests take, so you can't really get mad at them for using it. (Even though feathers is the best talent ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Splerks View Post
    Honestly I don't think there is a single fight in SoO 25 heroic where 2x disc priest is NOT optimal other than Malkorok.
    *Maybe* Norushen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    *Maybe* Norushen...
    Disc priests are really strong on Norushen 25 and even on 10, even if latter is only because they benefit more from the Purified buff than most healer specs.

Double disc is great, no reason you cant go double disc for everything. my guild progressed SoO with double disc and it carried, however now the other disc re-rolled to stinky ret pala.

if you are finding problems with pw: s on anything other than maybe thok i would be surprised. you could easily neglect rapture also and wouldn't notice much difference.

It just provides so much cushioning on the raid for damage with DA and for progress its very strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Also, you shouldn't be getting on the Shadow Priests case, IMO. All he is doing his helping you and being raid smart with keeping an eye on his health. That's one thing that makes shadow priests so nice to have in raids.
    Sure, it's great until his/her ridiculous 60k shield prevents me from applying a 600k one and he dies because of it. It's even worse when they have a Weakened Soul debuff because they wanted their shield sprint and I can't shield them when I need to.

We are currently 11/14 H 25m after converting from 10m 2 weeks ago, and we have 3 disc in nearly every raid we do, at the least we have 2. It's never really been a problem..in fact its WONDERFUL for Thok. Just make sure you set a priority, 1 priest on MT 1 on OT 1 on Melee 1 on Ranged etc etc. Won't always be able to stick to it 100%, but definitely helps a ton.

Honestly you're over thinking this topic, before the pull sort out who is shielding which tank and you also have the option of Glyph of Weakened Soul so both Disc Priests should be able to maintain Rapture without to much difficulty.

There is no issue at all with having 2 disc priests on most of the encounters in fact if your throughput healers are semi-decent you would in all likely-hood benefit from having 2, if you are lacking throughput from your other healers have one of them go holy.

2x Spirit Shells, 2x Barriers, lots and lots of DA's, 2x Pain Suppressions... Thats a ton of mitigation right there, embrace it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Sure, it's great until his/her ridiculous 60k shield prevents me from applying a 600k one and he dies because of it. It's even worse when they have a Weakened Soul debuff because they wanted their shield sprint and I can't shield them when I need to.
    Please provide a link to your armory, i also want 600k PW:S's.

2 discs in a 25 is totally doable although aggravating at times for sure. If you ever want to look on a bright side, though, hop into an LFR with 5 disc priests. There's a lesson in frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Brondo View Post
    2 discs in a 25 is totally doable although aggravating at times for sure. If you ever want to look on a bright side, though, hop into an LFR with 5 disc priests. There's a lesson in frustration.
    2 Discs in 25 is not a big deal. 2 Discs in 10 can still clear a decent set of heroics, but that gets more aggravating (I've done that a lot, this expansion actually).

10+ Year Old Account
    We raid with two Disc (US #66) and my healbot shows who has shields and who has weakened soul from both of us priests...problem solved. How hard is it really?

- - - Updated - - -

so look into some addons or modify your healbot, grid, vudo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbyte View Post
    Critting for 600k with archangel up is not really a big deal, it would have been more reasonable to comment on the 60k spriest shield. I only used that number because it looked nicer that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbyte View Post
    Feel free to click my signature. I've had 600k PW:S's since 565 ilvl. Basically ever since I had the 2pc.

We run 2-3 discs always. We even run 2 discs on Malkorok. We also often have 2 Hpals.

Feel bad for our druid.

I've generally raided with at least one other disc priest since cataclysm. If the other priest was ever overly shield happy I used to just let them take the tanks and get my rapture from other raid members rather than trying to compete and screwing both of us up in the process. I do track weakened soul on my grid so that helps a lot with regards to not attempting to shield someone who can't be shielded. If someones super low and both priests go to shield it really doesn't matter who shields them as long as they get shielded and don't die.