Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Would be cool if they could update the old current buildings around azeroth and outland with these new building graphics, instead of these new graphics being limited to the garrisons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad we won't get Forsaken architecture. Undead with Orcish architecture :/

You'd almost think they are building spaceship engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    They already addressed that. If garrisons were guild based they would basically just become guild masters palaces, and they wanted them to be for everyone not just guild masters

I think most people realize that, however, WoD information with any sort of meaning has been so painfully slow in relation to the expectation set forward at Blizzcon that a lot of folks are hoping that any sort of update will come with some meaningful information.

can we haz Forsaken theme garrisons? )

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see these visual updates come to buildings in the old world. Probably asking too much. It's going to be really weird running around Stormwind with my shiny new character models on top of a brick floor with 10 polygons and all kinds of weird gross low-resolution texture skewing.

Deleted
    Brewhan
    sorry but i want play warcraft not the sims 4,5.G arrisons is only fetaure what add some playtime if you dont want go out from home and if you dant want go lfr. I am not interested half day looking into inventory and decide what clock put on wall or what tapete use. Garrisons is only for some profesion items gain or some golds thats all.

I thought I'd be disappointed with the lack of new character model reveal this time around, but I'm actually liking the Alliance garrison structures so far. It's neat to see the different stages and subtle changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    You might get an apothecarium building for alchemy or something? That would make total sense. Can be built in an Orcish style but run by the undead and as such featuring several major forsaken elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    I'm racking my brain over this. How would they go about giving the Forsaken a nod? I would say alchemy but don't the Goblins have Alchemy as their racial boost? Then again, Goblin was an engineering spec, so you may see the Forsaken get an Alchemy lab.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Waste of resources. I'd rather see that extra raid tier they keep saying they forgo for these single player features that only last one expansion.
    But an expansion lasts longer than a raid tier...

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I would love to see these visual updates come to buildings in the old world. Probably asking too much. It's going to be really weird running around Stormwind with my shiny new character models on top of a brick floor with 10 polygons and all kinds of weird gross low-resolution texture skewing.
    X_X Omg, yes. I would LOVE to see Stormwind get a nice graphical update.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I would love to see these visual updates come to buildings in the old world. Probably asking too much.
    It would basically require Cataclysm 2.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I think it's a great feature and it looks brilliant, but honestly - I would rather wait longer if it meant getting race specific garrisons - It can't be that hard, can it?!

Use completely recycled buildings for all I care and update them later, but give us something! I HATE humans and Orcs in WoW, their cities are so dull and the races are so generic and boring. Please let me have actual interesting architecture, i seriously don't care if EVERYTHING is re-used.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    It would basically require Cataclysm 2.
    Which is unfortunate. I really like the gritty direction they're going with the art. To me, it looks BETTER than the cartoony crap that hasn't fit in with the rest of the world since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    X_X Omg, yes. I would LOVE to see Stormwind get a nice graphical update.
    Cause you know, Stormwind totally didn't get one in catalysm -.-

Show other races some love. Ironforge needs an updates way more than SW. Have you seen some textures there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    I play a belf, but I don't overly mind the orcish architecture. I just want some elfy things represented (which looked like it will be with the enchanting stall). I just didn't want it to look like the post-Saronite mess that Orgrimmar (and Dragonmaw Hold) turned into. I DO, however, want to see some of that Mag'har type clay looking architecture, because I always thought those buildings were too neat.
    It's dark iron :P

Gotta love them taking Human buildings and trying to make them look more universal so they don't have to do the extra work of adding art for the other races.

Nice behind the scenes, something I'm interested in as I am going into this industry. I hope they decide to do some faction specific buildings, as I feel that would just make a bit more sense as a Blood Elf in orcish themed buildings doesn't make much sense.

Also, the texture detail is incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I think it's a great feature and it looks brilliant, but honestly - I would rather wait longer if it meant getting race specific garrisons - It can't be that hard, can it?!
    have you ever tried to fully render, illustrate and animate a three dimensional model of something, in detail? Think about that times the number of buildings needed for each race. As much as I would like race specific buildings, I'm happy to get the profession based nods to the races. (I wonder if that means we're all doomed to Panda kitchens on both sides?)