Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yeah, they've even said it's intended as a WoD feature, not longterm, just like how the tillers farm played out
    God i hope so. I hate that this "feature" is going to be required as part of the gameplay. It should be an optional way to play the game, much like pet battles and BGs are. I have had 0 interest in a player housing feature, and i dislike the idea of this one just as much.

It won't keep me from playing, but i intend to do the least amount required to get past this garrison feature. Those of you that look forward to it or are excited for the concept, i'm happy for you. I hope you really end up enjoying it.

Love that mage tower library, want to know more about what they actually do though

15+ Year Old Account
    Endless bitching and a clear overall sense that most of you need a distraction other than wow to fulfill your lives. Love the wow community. Blizzard should shut WoW down just to spite the crybabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Riquunun View Post
    the art looks good, but thats about it. I wont complain to much because i think the features will drasticly outweight the look of things. soon people just wont care, but it would be nice to be change to look of things alot more, who knows maybe we can in the future. I will say this..."giving me pride to be alliance" isnt something i want...i mean really....our king is a war criminal....if i would go neutral i would.....but im forced to be "good or evil".....new faction please
    OT: but how is he a war criminal O.o ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster- View Post
    To be fair, i'd like to know how you and others, from what was shown to us at BlizzCon, what at all made you think, expect or even hope for race themed buildings?

I always got the impression from what they said about Garrisons that it would only be humans/orc themes due to the fact they said that Garrisons would act as a stronghold of sorts; with improvements over time as your campaign against the Iron horde went on and the base became more established, with it acting as a sort of base of operations if you will, similar to Valiance Keep/Warsong Hold in Borean Tundra and Highbank/Dragonmaw Port in Twilight Highlands, except that instead of being controlled by a random NPC, it's controlled by the player and actually changes visually over time rather than staying the same which already is a significant improvement imo. This therefore made me think the themes would only be faction based because bases that have served a similar purpose in the past have usually been human/orc themed, Highbank for example is human architecture even though its leader is a dwarf.
    I've always thought another NPC like Thrall was actually founding the town, starting its construction, and then handing control over to me as the player...so architecture aside, the town is mine, i can control what buildings go where, BUT since I'm not the "Peon" actually building things, just providing the materials to do so, the buildings wouldn't have my racial touch to them.

It's well done art for human and orc, but I kind of wish they would have either picked per race, or buildings that fit a Draenor theme. Especially the human buildings will stand out like a sore thumb...

on topic garrisons are the single thing i'm looking forward to in WoD, i had thought i'd be playing less but this will prob have me playing even more, can't wait to test them out. Though i also get the feeling WoD is further away than people are guessing from these types of releases. I'd say next fall.

I'm pretty sure this is as close as we'll get to housing in WoW. The devs have stated over and over that they don't like the idea of creating basically a room for people to hide in. Garrisons are their attempt to make the idea fit into WoW, and I think it's looking pretty good so far. We don't have all the details, so people need to chill out a bit before criticizing it. Personally I'm glad they aimed for the huge scale rather than giving people a little apartment. I also hope they can make garrisons either a personal retreat or a social hub depending on what people feel like doing, meaning that the concept is flexible enough to encompass both.

The thing is that depending on the popularity of the Garrison feature "housing" as for now is something that will be for WoD only, meaning that after this expansion people might not get to keep using the feature at all in current content. nobody knows if they are going to implement it fully on WoW as a concurrent feature for the game, this is only for this expansion as far as they have said.

If the Garrison become a concurrent feature on the game they might implement new Garrison race traits depending on race of course as a micro-transaction offer.

Minus any social component, this just feels like another laborious chore like MoP's farm. If the building were a guild oriented project, it might be cool. As is: Just another pointless time sync that will detracts from the content that is actually fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming to your local Online Blizzard Store: customizable Garrisons ! "You always wanted a home for your specific race, now you can for only 25Euro.
    Take my bet, this is coming too.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    My question is will these models be rolled out throughout the world. For example will the lumbermills in the EPL use one of the new upgraded models. i think this would be a good change.

It would be great if they took this as a chance to freshen up the Arathi Basin battleground as it looks like all of the relevant models are being made as part of the garrison.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope you can build an olympic garrison of your own. For 36 billion gold you could get brown water, double seat toilets, huge holes in the ground, hotel with no beds and 4 fucking big olympic rings on top of the whole complex!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The detail and textures are amazing, I can't wait, pumped me up so much more.

I'd love Nelf buildings, but, I'd rather they got Garrisons done, which is a massive feature really, make sure its balanced and working, then bring racial updates later, it really isn't "needed", would you rather wait 6 more months whilst they create 400 more buildings?

I honestly don't even know how people can complain, this wasn't even a player requested feature, sure housing was, but this is housing x 100000, so it's practically a bonus, be happy we are getting something new and shiny, and pretty damn big and in-depth when you look into it.

We get to make our own damn BASE, jeeze, how is that not awesome? That is Warcraft.

Deleted
    Nice arts. Actually they looks a bit out of place in comparision to rest of the WoW world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    Love that mage tower library, want to know more about what they actually do though
    On speculation, you could probably find there all the "books" you have read in WOW from the well read achievements.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

i think blizzard put to much stress on 'personal' here. if it really was 'my personal fortress' as they call it then it sure as hell should be race-themed. but it's not, my gnome will be living in a human town which is kinda silly.

makes much more sense if you think about it as your factions outpost and you being a castellan or something (with way too many personal benefits but whatever).

this a weird feature in general tbh. it's like they wanted to have housing, but without houses so they went for warcraft 3 bases look and advertise it as 'your personal fortress'.

i like it though, will be fun to mess around with and as much as i hate humans i actually like their architecture. ;p

p.s. that article is boring as shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Nice arts. Actually they looks a bit out of place in comparision to rest of the WoW world.
    I bet all these assets will replace the outdated standard buildings in the world as well.

And this is their "selling point" of this expansion? .....lol