Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    They already addressed that. If garrisons were guild based they would basically just become guild masters palaces, and they wanted them to be for everyone not just guild masters
    Guild based content builds community and cummunity builds longevity of the game. Its tested and proved by most older MMOs. And no, it wouldnt be guild masters thing either, if designed correctly.

Everything that is focused on solo players *WILL* get forgotten after first month. Its the same thing every f*king time! They will never learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Guild based content builds community and cummunity builds longevity of the game. Its tested and proved by most older MMOs. And no, it wouldnt be guild masters thing either, if designed correctly.

Everything that is focused on solo players *WILL* get forgotten after first month. Its the same thing every f*king time! They will never learn.
    So all the players will forget about it? That's the biggest assumption I've seen in this thread.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    The mage tower's "progression" bothers me. It goes from a tent, to a town hall lookin' thing, and then suddenly it's a tower. To me they seem like 3 different buildings, not one building evolving over time.

recycling the old models and polish them a bit... and they describe it as if they put double the work into it.

Alliance stuff seems ok, but i know i will hate the horde buildings already. Nothing worse than the orc architecture.

Reminds me of Hearthglen and its vicinity...

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Give us customization. TONS of it. Without customization, "housing" is entirely pointless. Why would I build "my own house" if it looks just like everybody else's, and doesn't even look like my own character would live there.
    Garrisons are not meant to be a housing system. By building your garrison in this savage world you represent your faction and not your own personal creativity.

Don't care what you say, This will totally be a game changer.

I love it how people are saying this is not a housing system. Then what exactly garrisons are? And don't say 'representation of your faction on Draenor'. Lets look at it for what it really is - A building, a patch of land, phased content where you have limited customization, limited options which will more then likely be obsolete pretty soon. Basically, a worse version of housing. I don't care for it much, WoD is looking more and more like a major content patch, but I will buy since I like raiding, but it seems this will be yet another expansion where I'll log just for raids.

Also the 'it's tough to hire artists' argument. A lot smaller studios manage to either pump out content like crazy or just beat Blizzard in certain areas (like this player housing feature). They also carefully pick their developers and yet their art isn't a major clusterfuck of 23423 different art directions, like Blizzard insinuates what would happen if they hire more. Seems everybody manages to do that except Blizzard.

I really hope they are planning some great features with patches because this looks pretty underwhelming. But to each his own. If somebody was to ask me what are the major changes/selling points in WoD I would not be able to tell them. Garrisons/Item Squish/Bigger bags?

i look forward to garrisons but i have a feeling its mostly going to be a castle full of lifeless objects

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're making a mistake in only giving us two options.

I really can't get into this if they won't allow other races to be represented in the architecture. I have lots of characters, and coincidentally none of them are orcs or humans. So I guess I'm screwed? My Tauren shaman wants giant totems and proper Tauren themed-buildings. My blood elf hunter wants the flag of Silvermoon emblazoned on his buildings. My forsaken priest wants the iconic forsaken architecture, not wooden spikes. I'm tired of Orgrimmar. I'm sick of looking at it. The last thing they should be doing is forcing this feature on us with only one aesthetic option for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    The thing is that depending on the popularity of the Garrison feature "housing" as for now is something that will be for WoD only, meaning that after this expansion people might not get to keep using the feature at all in current content. nobody knows if they are going to implement it fully on WoW as a concurrent feature for the game, this is only for this expansion as far as they have said.

If the Garrison become a concurrent feature on the game they might implement new Garrison race traits depending on race of course as a micro-transaction offer.
    I pretty much agree, if it works out i think they will this continue on, i could see a "town in a box" type item to move your garrison to a new location in the new xpac. Also if it works out i could see a dedicated team stood up to handle art for other races vs using the dungeon team. This of course is assuming blizzard finds more artist that meet their standards for employment.

I don't think they will sell the other races in the store though.....

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    Well, let's hope it lives up to Blizzards hype. Because as we saw in the current expansion, they were most excited about challenge modes and it didn't turn out to be very popular at all.
    Yeah, but I feel like that's because they gated such awesome rewards behind completing them. People will only recruit you if you have 555555 ilvl even though it scales you down anyway, and it has to be the right class combo, and you have to have experience, because everybody wants their special class transmog set but it's simply too challenging for everyone to enjoy. Or maybe not. I don't know. I downloaded oqueue in hopes of finding a group for them on my lock at some point but I never can. To increase the popularity you have to have low risk. You can't have high risk and high reward because it will frighten people away or become discouraging. I was excited about them as well, especially the cosmetic gear sets, and the idea of more cosmetic gear sets being added, but it was too discouraging when I realized that even though I geared up my warlock within the first month the expansion was out and raced to max level so I wouldn't get behind.. I still couldn't do them because people were too afraid or they were too challenging at the time. Now the only ones I see with the sets are the ones in raiding guilds with 565 ilvl or higher. It was just a failed premise and would have been better if they had offered stat upgrade gear closer to raiding level than gate unique artwork gear behind it that nobody will get to enjoy and in the end will be wasted.

And scenarios are just not popular because they're fast, boring, and don't have a high reward. The heroics with valor are really the only decent things, and even a lot of them I've had people turn me down for not having at least a 530 ilvl.. even though the ones that acted like it was low and had 20 ilvl higher died from standing in crap.

The whole illvl system just brought this game to a terrible level in my opinion. It adds convenience in some areas, but I kind of miss the days of having people armory me or check me out in stormwind without dismissing me because I don't have a certain number met.

- - - Updated - - -

On a sidenote, look at that awesome library. If only there was an undead mage in the middle, a few readable books on the floor, and a chest with a key. And that flat copy pasted texture of Book-like wallpaper strung on the walls that you can't interact with! Pretty amazing if you ask me!

It is a shame that on my server Alliance is pretty much dead. So to raid I need to be on Horde and I hate the Horde (orc mainly) building aesthetics, I don't want spiky buildings I want something more like the alliance ones. I prefer Stormwind over Orgrimmar and I feel this will be the same with garrisons. Not a big deal, but I wish I could choose how my garrison looked, perhaps an array of neutral buildings to choose from instead of predefined faction ones. If the garrisons turn out to be fun this won't bother me so much but one can still dream.

Very disappointed. As a lot of people pointed out here a lot of recycling has been done. Walls, library, books

This is a major feature and a high selling incentive for the expansion? meh

Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Very disappointed. As a lot of people pointed out here a lot of recycling has been done. Walls, library, books
    Sarcasm? If not that's probably a bad example, but also if not another example would be the tent from icc tournaments. The mage tower. It's just very underwhelming for an already underwhelming feature, that is the sole feature of Warlords. And by that statement I'm intentionally not including character models as they are not part of the expansion but timed with the release of the expansion and obtainable with or without purchase of the expansion.

Garrisons, zones, level cap raised, and a few minor questing changes with expected max level end game content added on are really all it's got. If Garrisons don't seem any better functionally than this, I'm afraid we're going to have another scenario/challenge mode/farm situation on our hands. Pet battles even, but I think there is still an odd demand for those amongst a select few for some reason. I'm not sure how you can tolerate the boring interface and additional grind of pet battles and leveling, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    All those recources that could've been used to do mythic dungeons.
    [2] Agree with you there. I love dungeons, I miss the hard ones.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    But this isn't something your race is building. This is a Military Garrison that you are overseeing for your factions military, your MAIN faction, not the one based on your race.
    Actually, its your own garrison... except it isn't... except is it... Blizz is being very dubious about how they promote this. Its kinda shady. its gonna turn out to be another 'farm' like it was in MoP... just some plant art and some click functions... that it. Rather dumbed-down gameplay.

There we go, paying the price of a full game, and getting some bad housing that will get improved during the expansion, become "ok" by the end of it, and obsolete once the expansion ends.

Sigh =S

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Feel like I'm going to wish my toons were Alliance for garrison... then be upset my toons are Alliance because, you know... Alliance.

Really kind of sad we won't get more race specific architecture, but definitely understand why.
    And you can make one alliance with the boost to 90!