Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It sounds like there will be npcs in our crafting buildings. Are we only getting our two crafting profession buildings or will there be buildings for all the professions? And if there are buildings for all the professions will we, for example, be able to get the npc to disenchant soulbound stuff we can only sell now? Will our JC npc be able to make gems for us? And what will the garrison mean to the AH? Are they perhaps planning to remove the ingame AH since they have put in their store? Will our garrison replace us having to go to towns at all? Or will there not be a town in Draenor, but only our garrison?

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    It sounds like there will be npcs in our crafting buildings. Are we only getting our two crafting profession buildings or will there be buildings for all the professions? And if there are buildings for all the professions will we, for example, be able to get the npc to disenchant soulbound stuff we can only sell now? Will our JC npc be able to make gems for us? And what will the garrison mean to the AH? Are they perhaps planning to remove the ingame AH since they have put in their store? Will our garrison replace us having to go to towns at all? Or will there not be a town in Draenor, but only our garrison?
    I believe they said earlier you can have multiple profession buildings, and have even said you'll thusly be able to have limited access to professions your character doesn't even have.

They haven't given any details of what you can do with "other" profession buildings.

I hope you're right that I can get a "dissenchanting" station. Though I'm worried they might limit it to X-number-of-times-a-day/week, or "Can only dissenchant green items" or some such nonsense.

seems too static, would be nice if you could build it to your preferences, as seen in everquest next landmark.

guess people didn't watch blizzcon panel,
    Garrison will bring new gameplay element in the game, something like a browser strategy games...
    what point of mythic dungeon when there are challenges modes, that have same prupose...you have nothing to cry for?

Reminds me a lot of Warcraft 2 and 3 buildings, will be quite nice to see them in our own Garrisons!

Deleted
    what a fail with this garrisons and races.... need more dungeons and raids!

under.....whelmed...... was really looking forward to this, but no that i see its same buildings and decor as what everyone else will have, most likely.. its a bit meh.

Who really gets excited for this? who are they doing this for? Much rather they use the time/money on something more people care about.

I think you can pretty accurately describe WoD already as a missed opportunity. ah what we could have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    ah yes.. wildstar, the game that doesn´t have a release date and is still under complete NDA. Obviously that game is much much better because it is all in your imagination.

I remember when people were saying the combat system in AOC would kill WOW.. or Warhammer, or Star Wars.. blah blah ... people are silly to get excited about a game that isn´t going to be released for at least 6 months and has a complete NDA in place so that nobody can even talk about anything in the game. The reason it is ´perfect´ is because it is all ideas and things in your head... just like AOC, Warhammer, SW and all the other failed games were great... right up until they launched.

Don't think he said WildStar was going to kill WoW, only that the "Housing" feature in WildStar is a lot better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Who really gets excited for this? who are they doing this for? Much rather they use the time/money on something more people care about.
    I am super excited about this.

I would much rather they gave me different stuff to do than more 5 mans or more raids.

It so funny so many people complain about WoW being stale and then so many (other) people complain when they do something a little outside the box.

Yet another classic case of they can never please everyone I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I am super excited about this.

I would much rather they gave me different stuff to do than more 5 mans or more raids.

It so funny so many people complain about WoW being stale and then so many (other) people complain when they do something a little outside the box.

Yet another classic case of they can never please everyone I guess!
    The problem with WoW is that even when they try to do something outside the box, they do it in a clunky way. I might love the concept they are working with for Garrisons, but maybe when they translate to the actual game it feels really bad, simply because those 9 years that the game has can't manage certaing things in a proper way or because they do it simply wrong (a different problem, but they need to be more in touch with us, the players).

Deleted
    First of all, I think it is kinda impressive what Blizz is able to pull out of this old Engine. This Stuff looks really nice.
    Also, Housing is something People wanted, and instead of just a House they give the Players a complete Outpost in which they can customize what they want to build. That´s nice.
    They are updating the PC Models, wich was wanted for a long Time now, and I think that is awesome.

The Story of WoD seems weird to me. It feels like they are trying to make this Thing a big Pile of Fanservice, and that could be nice, but flopped mostly with MoP, so lets hope it works out better this Time.
    I have to admit, I dropped out of the Game with the Beginning of Cata, played till 85, tested the first Raid, and that was it. I came back with MoP, leveld to 90 and dropped out pretty bored.
    I WILL come back with WoD, and it seems like I could stay for a While this Time.
    Why? Well...

There are some Reasons for that.
    The Numbers Squish. The "Button" Squish. The Return to Outland, seeing some of my all Time Favorite Characters again, like Grom, maybe (just maybe) Brox, and the Outlands themselves in a new Way. I think this X Pac is for People like me. Old Day Warcraft and Vanilla/BC Veterans, People that love the Lore and the Warcraft Universe and some of the Characters and Places in it. People that want to get lost in the World, and not just run for the Endgame to repeat Bits of Content until they get bored of it.
    I am looking forward to this "What If..." Storyline, and I think some others are thinking just like me. I am not an Elitist Tryhard that needs to have the highest Gear, also, I don´t think I am that skilled of a Player. My Time is limited, I have a Job and whatnot, so I can only sink so much of my Spare Time into a Game, and I want that Time to be filled with Quality Content. I got that from WoW, until the Colloseum Patch in Wrath, that was the Point in Time for me where the Game started to go the Way of the Dodo. Weeks and Weeks of Progress Raiding in Ulduar, and then this Patch happened. It killed the Game for me, my Motivation to raid. I came back for the LK and had a good Time raiding there though. For Cata I had high Hopes, really. And seeing Azeroth in new Way was great, until I dinged 85. Same with MoP, nothing new, only a new Coat of Paint over the old washed out Car.
    Maybe this Time we are in for a positive Surprise.
    Don´t be so negative about everything.

So much negativity...:sigh: I for one enjoyed the new look of the Alliance Garrison buildings. I expected the old 'white brick with blue ceilings' Stormwind motif that I felt was too Human, but these ones are much more neutral-looking and acceptable for the other races. I especially like the wooden theme and all the buildings kind of bring a very relaxing and warm feeling, much like a summer retreat house in the woods.

Can't wait to build the Garrison for my Alliance characters!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nice. If anything will get me and the fam to purchase the expansion, it is this.

I really don't want to sound like I'm moaning like most of the infuriating moaners in this thread...but I pretty much only play my main which is a Blood Elf and I almost wish I could have these Alliance buildings for my garrison! The graphical update is stunning and I really do love how the Jewel crafting building looks like a mix of Human/Night Elf/Draenei architecture or whatever. It really does look gorgeous. And I know I have nothing but one picture to base it off right now but if that 'sneak peek' of the Horde Stables is anything to go by what the other buildings are going to look like for the garrison, I'm going to be a bit dissapointed. I hope they do what they've done with the Alliance buildings where they're not 'IN YOUR FACE' Human architecture and they add some hints of Blood Elf, Tauren and other races from the Horde into the buildings and they capture the aesthetic variety to make every player of every race feel at home. because I feel like those stables are pretty much 'IN YOUR FACE' full Orc style.
    Last edited by KillerChinchilla; 2014-02-12 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    but they need to be more in touch with us, the players.
    Huh?

This is the ENTIRE PROBLEM.

There is no such thing us "us the players" every single person wants something different.

Which bit of that is not clear?

Just because YOU (or even all YOUR friends in game) hates feature X or feature Y does not mean they should not do it.

I don't really like pet Battles, but there are 10 MILLION of them done every single day.

No content will please everyone.

I am super excited about Garrisons.

I can guarantee you one thing "us the players" is 100% defo NOT the whiney forum posters of MMO-C.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2014-02-12 at 01:14 PM.

Only Human and Orc buildings for two factions, this is seriously some sad underwhelming shit Blizzard. I can't be the only one that thinks they are just half-assing stuff now milking this game for a bit more. Do these art teams working on garrisons and player models work part time or something? I mean wtf are they doing?

So both garrisons and character updates will be the major selling points of the expansion... pretty underwhelming, hopefully Draenor as a new continent will do much better.

Deleted
    So its just a big 3-D browser game without any personalisation instead of housing? But then where is the point of this?