Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Garrisons - for the horcde, I guess... -_-

When they said garrisons would be faction specific, and their themes would be largely elwynn and durotar, I still had some hope. I hoped that they'd try to make things a bit more "neutral", in a way that a night elf or a draenei character wouldn't feel out of place in an alliance garrison, and an undead or a blood elf wouldn't feel out of place in a horde garrison.

in a way, the alliance buildings were a pleasant surprise. here, we can see that while the building draws mostly from human resources, you can feel a bit of night elf on the wooden structure, a bit of dwarf on the equipment and a bit of draenei in the purple crystals.

I grew a little bit more hopeful when I read this:

"We strive to give each set of props—what we call a 'kit'—logical treatment and placement so that the NPCs look as if they truly belong there. In doing so, it hopefully allows for a more visually rich and rewarding journey for the player."

but upon taking a look at this, all my hopes ended.

here, you can see a lot of orc on the walls, a lot of orc on the ceiling, a lot of orc on the gate and a lot of orc on the flag. there's nothing about any other race.

if this is their representative of what we can expect from horde garrisons, it's just sad for Worcld of Worcraft: Warlorcs of Draenorc.

and to think the warchief is a troll...
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you all thought things would change with Garrosh gone. Garrosh will never truly leave the Horde, lest Blizz need another Cataclysm to change 1-60.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    The flag isnt an orc flag, its a HORDE Flag.

Deleted
    yeah it's ridicilous... can you imagine having those buildings in your garrison as a bloodelf? I can't.

Awesome, come to the forums excited by the preview they gave us and people are already complaining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yeah it's ridicilous... can you imagine having those buildings in your garrison as a bloodelf? I can't.
    Well I can't imagine being a Blood Elf in the first place so...

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    The flag isnt an orc flag, its a HORDE Flag.
    it's the horde flag, in orc style.

here's the same horde flag, in undead style:

10+ Year Old Account
    "Oh no, a faction founded by Orcs, dominated by Orcs and lead by Orcs has orcish themes!"

This is like someone from California complaining that they use the same building style as DC
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk about you guys but that pile of hay to the left when you walk through the gate screams Tauren to me...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    ... How is that different than say a Night Elf or a Pandaren living in the Alliance Mage Tower or any of the other Alliance Garrison buildings which screams HUMAN? Holy crap, people will whine at *everything* - yes it's Horde and Alliance themed, but the center of each faction is, and will always be, Orcs and Humans, this isn't new, nor will it ever change.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    "Oh no, a faction founded by Orcs, dominated by Orcs and lead by Orcs has orcish themes!"

This is like someone from California complaining that they use the same building style as DC
    founded by orcs? yes.

dominated by orcs? we just kicked the living crap out of the orcs.

lead by orcs? vol'jin the orc? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

here's the same horde flag, in undead style:
    Would be neat if the flags at least changed based on your race....

But this is Blizzard, a flag costs a raid tier, they give us a year long final tier anyway, and a pet costs nothing if it costs us $15.

IMMAGINE. An example only using ONE TYPE of artwork..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... How is that different than say a Night Elf or a Pandaren living in the Alliance Mage Tower or any of the other Alliance Garrison buildings which screams HUMAN? Holy crap, people will whine at *everything* - yes it's Horde and Alliance themed, but the center of each faction is, and will always be, Orcs and Humans, this isn't new, nor will it ever change.
    I can see Pandaren in both factions' garrison. I can't see BElves or Forsaken in the Horde garrison.

It's the Horde flag how it's almost always been displayed: on a red background. The mount you linked is one of the few exceptions.

The Warchief may be a troll, but it appears that orcs are still the core of the Horde. We already knew we'd be getting orc-styled garrison buildings, so I'm not certain why this is much of a surprise. And while I'm not sure about you, when I see the Alliance structures, they scream "Human" to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mains are gnome, draenei and night elf and I'm freaking excited for Garrisons. The idea that my heroes are epic enough to essentially build their own town is awesome, regardless of how 'human' the architecture is.

Some of you need to learn to appreciate stuff, even when that stuff isn't exactly the way you want it. Try it sometime, its not hard.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    founded by orcs? yes.

Don't be stupid, you know what I meant.

Vol'jin is the Barack Obama of Warchiefs.

The first one ever to not be an Orc (or white), and basically just an Orc (white) anyway.

Orcs are still the dominant majority and the heart of the Horde anyway. The Horde icon was formerly the Orc icon. You are the Orcish Horde, and if you expect to be anything else, your only option is to roll Alliance or quit.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    founded by orcs? yes.

Eh, to be fair, I doubt that Vol'jin will do a whole lot without Thrall either agreeing or disagreeing with it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    are you upset that I criticized the game.. or your life?

jeez

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I can see Pandaren in both factions' garrison. I can't see BElves or Forsaken in the Horde garrison.
    Can you see a Night Elf or a Draenei or even a Worgen in the Alliance garrisons?

They already stated that Human and Orc would be the initial buildings.