Deleted

Is PvP armor needed for 3v3?

I play as a priest healer and I have 548 Ilvl - whole gear is PvE. I even have legendary cloak. And now I want to win 100 3v3 arenas to get a mount and I wonder if I should get some 496 ilvl honor points gear and then start doing arenas or should I just stick with my PvE gear.

Thanks for answer.

without any pvp gear i should imagine the battle fatigue healing debuff will just make your healing pretty useless without pvp power to counteract that.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont have the raw number or stats but from what i hear all heroic gear is about on par with a full set of the current grevious gear (someone please let me know if im wrong) so that will all change next season once the new gear set is introduced.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Getting the mount should be feasible without pvp gear but it might take a while to get.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrath View Post
    Getting the mount should be feasible without pvp gear but it might take a while to get.
    i agree. if you calculate the time it would take to grind pvp gear - u may be better off jumping right in,i think your better off with the pve gear.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

PVE gear is reduced to 512 in instanced PVP. Generally speaking 512s without PVP Power are similar in effectiveness to 496 (Tyrannical) honor gear, so you can get started with either. The one clear exception is your cloak: even reduced to 512 and without a proc, the extra socket and three way split on secondary stats makes it better than the 496 PVP cloak.

That said, it is going to be an uphill struggle for every win this late in the season. You can expect to go up against teams that have at least some Grievous gear, and since you're asking this at all I assume you are out of practice, or maybe have never PVPed at all before. Experienced teammates can help, but combined with the gear disadvantage you're going to have a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    jump right in , at this point you should have like 22k conquest cap anyways, so replace pve gear for current pvp gear along the way

Don't know much about 3v3, but me and my friend started doing 2v2 last week with our recently leveled alts.

Our alts had abysmal gear: mix of 463-496 pve and 458-478 pvp gear with occasional greens, but so far we have won over 100 matches and pretty much geared up exclusively through arena. Although things were grim at the start, they got much better once we were able to get our hands on PvP weapons. Whole journey from to 22k conquest took us 3 evenings.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pve gear will do just fine. Just win a bunch and as you get further along, buy some conquest gear. It will get progressively easier. That's what my guildies and I did, and we were all 550 ilvl pve geared. Even managed just over a 50% win rate too! Got our 100 win mounts

Resto Druid and double Unholy DK comp btw :P

You'll be fine. If you're asking at all, you obviously aren't an experienced arena player with a high MMR. PvE gear does just fine in lower brackets.

Deleted
    PvE gear does just fine in lower brackets.
    assuming you fight other players with pve gear yes. I would suggest getting at least weapons from 2s as the pvp power boost will make a huge difference. You have much higher chance of winning in 2s as well. If you fiends don't have pvp gear, just pay for a boost.

PS. There is no point farming 3v3 for mount now, season ends next week and arena will be disabled for 2 weeks. Meanwhile you will be able to just farm random bgs and get full grievous for the new season and start on par with everyone else.
    Cheers

Deleted
    If it's just about the 100 victories then yes, it should be fine. Easiest way for you guys to do it would probably to queue and then not join the arena at all, do this a hell of a lot of times till your MMR is so abysmally low that you basically meet people playing on an -1500 mmr. Then just play 3s and pick up the gear along the way especially the weapons.