Deleted

Moonkin Proving Grounds

So i've started Proving Grounds on my moonkin recently and i was wondering if anyone could tell me about good talents for it.
    I am using FoN and NV atm but i dont really feel comfortable with using it cause it doesn't give me alot of burst on the waves i need that on.

Is there any suggestions / opinions from you guys?

And as far as it gets to gems and reforges, i gemmed full int atm and went crit over haste, but what would be better or is this the best way to go?

Cheers,

Trollrazor - EU Tarren Mill

FoN and DoC are by far the best in my opinion. It took me doing challenge modes and proving grounds to really appreciate how strong DoC is at low levels. I gemmed int and reforged haste crit mastery but I haven't done enough of them to try and compare crit. I don't think it matters that much, though. The most important part by far is figuring our strategies and cooldown usage.

The biggest tip I can give you is if you have a CA BERSERKING /USE 10 /USE 14 macro, you're going to want to bind each on its own and stagger your cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    FoN and DoC are by far the best in my opinion. It took me doing challenge modes and proving grounds to really appreciate how strong DoC is at low levels. I gemmed int and reforged haste crit mastery but I haven't done enough of them to try and compare crit. I don't think it matters that much, though. The most important part by far is figuring our strategies and cooldown usage.

The biggest tip I can give you is if you have a CA BERSERKING /USE 10 /USE 14 macro, you're going to want to bind each on its own and stagger your cooldowns.
    running FoN and doc together seems weird..

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    running FoN and doc together seems weird..
    You're thinking from a pve boss standpoint where you stack all your cooldowns together and maximize your burst. Yes, trees don't scale with mastery, but they give you on demand burst on multiple waves, whereas a long cooldown like incarnation is wasted and SOTF is garbage. DoC is just all around way better.

I have definitely found Incarnation to be lack-luster due to it's long cooldown, and the ability to pre-apply DoC before each wave is massive.

I actually went with HoTW and FoN, but the on use INT trinket from Operation Shieldwall is probably just as important as talent choices. Also, DoC is great, for the first 20 waves, then you become tight on time casting HT to get the mastery buff. I honestly dont think the wave 30 Sha can be defeated without said trinket. It can be purchased with JP now, so if you are serious about getting your title, go grab it, it essentially nerfs waves 20-30, and really REALLY REALLLLY helps with wave 28, which in my opinion is the most difficult.

Deleted
    Does anyone know of an updated BiS list for this?

Deleted
    There was a videoguide with talents, reforging etc for proving ground wave 10 endless on here not long ago. Might want to search it. It was long, but really detailed and well explained.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    There was a videoguide with talents, reforging etc for proving ground wave 10 endless on here not long ago. Might want to search it. It was long, but really detailed and well explained.
    Gave up with my Boomkin, forgot how terrible we were at that ilvl.

Switched to my Frost DK alt and got to wave 20, only reason I stopped was because I had to, didn't even bother getting specific gear or anything and was using the terrible cleave trinket, lol. At least the title is account wide

moonkin proving grounds pretty rough, i tried to get endless for a while and just couldn't do it, logged on my alt dk i never play and got it first try.

pretty funny how bad some specs are at low ilevel.

Would it be easier to run PGs on Feral? I just finished gathering a kitty set so I was wondering which should I use next time.

Deleted
    Updating that i got to wave 24 today, having close to BiS gear (missing 4 items) and FoN and DoC.
    I only failed cause i did a mistake, accidently pressed typhoon and knocked an exploding add out of the stun.
    I think that wave 30+ is easy gettable with these talents.

FoN and DoC are the way to go, got to wave 34 with those before a silly mistake. The best two tips I can give though are:
    -You don't need to use the hero buff on the first Wave 5 miniSha, save it and then you will have it for wave 27-28.
    -Plan your starfalls and shrroms. If you use DoC you should know what eclipse you are going to be in for every wave, and it should be repeatable.

Getting eclipsed dots up on all shield adds before they raise they first shield makes those waves very fast, while those waves aren't hard they can occasionally drag on, which prevents you getting prepped for the next wave.

i could really use some advice on how to beat these. i've probably put 20 hours into it (granted, a lot of failed attempts due to interruptions via roommates/skype/whatever - its been hard to find 30 uninterrupted minutes this weekend.

has anybody done these as a tauren?

i seriously struggle with wave 5 without berserking racial, its really fucking annoying. losing that 1 extra starfire is a total dealbreaker unless i spec incarnation, but i'd really rather take trees like everybody suggests. i will say warstomp comes in handy on the healer/ae wave as a clutch interrupt if something goes wrong. not better than 'zerking though.

what reforges do you guys use? im going haste to 5k bp - crit - mastery atm, but im considering going haste to 5k bp - mastery - crit since starsurge never procs anyway and i think mastery would help a ton since i'm using incarnation.

also, trinkets, i've got the on-use int trinket but my other slot is the zen alchemist stone. it has good uptime on the proc which is why i chose it, but i'm wondering if there is something better i could be using. i don't have the gold for a DMC, anyone think the shado-pan on use trinket would be good? could fish up a lot of procs on certain waves.

any help would be greatly appreciated. im stuck on wave 18 atm, mostly because i can get failed by RNG on 15 and have to start over. i don't like to blame things on RNG, but even when i execute the wave perfectly if i get zero crits on the sha its GG without berserking.

im at the 5k haste breakpoint, gemmed int, ~16 crit.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-02-18 at 01:48 AM.

This blog posts answers most of the questions being asked here:

http://molten-core.blogspot.com/2014...n-best-in.html