How do you make gold in WvW?

Went back to GW2 around the first of the year and really loving it. I have gotten an Ele and a Guardian to 80 and I only enjoy doing WvW. I find PvE just terrible in this game. In fact the main reason I quit after only a few weeks when the game launched was I found the PvE part of the game so boring. But now I have huge problem. My gear is mostly level 65ish stuff and I cant afford level 80 gear. Because I hated leveling up so much I had to spend all my gold to tradeskill power level myself. So after 2 level 80s I only have 22 silver and 14 copper left. If I go to champ trains I can make a decent amount of gold but I have to force myself to do it. Wheres the fun in that? But even if I run with a zerg taking lots of stuff and getting lots of bags I still stay broke. Now I have new classes I want to try like Necro and Engineer but I cant because I cant afford to level them.

Is there any way to actually make gold doing WvW? I mean the people who only do PvE are allowed to make lots of gold so certainly there has to be a way for people who only like to PvP to make just as much.

First of WvW isn't PvP, it's some haflassed PvX.
    Second no you can't make decent money in WvW, your best bet is to just sell anything you get (apart from light armor salvage that) but it won't make you much gold. The good thing is that you can buy gear with badges of honor (wvw tokens) so it won't cost you a lot of money.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    First of WvW isn't PvP, it's some haflassed PvX.
    Second no you can't make decent money in WvW, your best bet is to just sell anything you get (apart from light armor salvage that) but it won't make you much gold. The good thing is that you can buy gear with badges of honor (wvw tokens) so it won't cost you a lot of money.
    Why bother stating the first part? He clearly likes WvW?

OP there's a lot of nodes around WvW so keep an eye out for those and make sure you collect drops, as the above stated you dont need gold (except for recipes ofc)

each mode of play is fairly self contained (sPvP, WvW, and PVE) so unless you are wanting get a Legendary then gold really isn't a factor as much in WvW

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not terrible, I can make 10-15g per hour on reset night or pretty much any night in EotM. Large scale fights, hit lots of things, superior arrow carts combined with arrow cart mastery and you will be swimming in bags.

Level 80 exotic gear is free with Badges of Honor.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-02-12 at 05:23 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    If you`ve got some spare mats, perhaps craft some of these: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_weapons

I used to craft mystic spike quite often, made around 7.5g+ for each.
    You could get more for underwater oones back when I played, but they sold a lot slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    Why bother stating the first part? He clearly likes WvW?
    Because I hate (and always have) people calling PvX gamemodes PvP; JQ, FA, AB from GW also aren't PvP.

The reason to make this distinction clear is exactly due to people who (dis)like certain game modes. If you absolutely detest PvP it's possible you still like WvW, JQ, FA or AB but if you use the misnomer PvP for the latter people won't ever step into those areas. Similarly if people ask a question regarding WvW but calling it PvP, I can come in and give entirely wrong advice putting other people in bad situations.

You can say that WvW is more of a mario-kart racing game than actual PvP in the MMO sense. You race around the map to cap as many things as possible, it's possible to totally ignore your opponent and rely on timing to get ticks or you can focus on killing them to make it easier to catch up.
    So the same example, a person can hate racing games such as NFS but love mario kart. Thus calling another game Crash Bandicoot a racing game will put people off who are actually interested in the game and/or attract people who aren't interested in the game (resulting in bad reviews etc).

That's why you have to make the distinction.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).