Deleted

how are warlocks in PVP

how are warlocks this patch in PVP and are they hard to play since currentlyi play a warrior and dk and have about 30 keybinds on both those characters

much much different than either of those faceroll classes. If warrior is what you like to pvp with I would stick with that, nothing else is as op. Hunter would be your only ranged class with any similarity.

To be fair, warlock PvP is pretty faceroll at the moment. I don't think that the class has ever been easier to play than it is currently, and I say that as someone who has played since the days of SL/SL.

It's simple, but it's fun. I love destruction PvP. You are very powerful when alone, and don't need to rely on anyone else to do well in battlegrounds. To top it off, warlocks are always wanted for arena and they are extremely wanted in RBG groups.

I can get away with 5-6 keybinds only if I'm feeling lazy, though I run with about 60 keybinds. Most are macros though. Gone are the days when a warlock needed 80+ keybinds to be competent.
    Last edited by Tya; 2014-02-22 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    Are they hard? That depends of Spec. Destro is easy, Affliction is harder with a million of keybinds (have them more then feral) and pat managing, Demonology is too complicated, but viable. Go Destro with GoSac and you will be fine.

Compared to what? Hunters hit every bit as hard as destro but all their damage is either instant or uninterruptable...their pet centric spec the pet is a real threat to someone while a wrathguard seldom qualifies as much more than an annoyance. Mages can offer more control/escapes vs melee with burst damage that is far harder to prevent than destro. Aff has good spread pressure but that sort of damage isn't exactly dangerous in the present pvp climate. Warriors make life rough on warlocks and lately warriors are everywhere/fotm.

In most arena comps your job is to get something about 20% down on HP while putting out lots of CC so your actual damage hero team member can 80%-0 someone. Aff is just about incapable of landing a kill on its own. Destro just needs to get someone down 20%, the partner 60% more, then shadowburn execute works. If you are going to play destro get ready to get tunneled a lot. You will need a partner who can peel melee for you so you can get chaosbolt casts off.

Locks have more binds than some and less than others but ultimately its how in depth do you want to play it? I mean you can have arena 1/2/3 macro's for every spell in the extreme or just a single keybind for most spells at the minimum. Find what you are comfortable managing and then see if you can be successful with that level of involvement.

As for this upcoming season....pretty much everyone says rogues are going to be the new fotm and they have always been a tough opponent for locks. With a glut of warriors already out there it may be another rough season (even if you are successful it can be highly frustrating) which is a nice way to say the skill you have would take you further on other classes. Unless you just want to play a lock in which case why ask?

It is known that melee will dominate next season. They just scale way better endgame. Rogues are already deadly, but they will be a force if their burst cd is off cd.

Warriors will hurt even more since nothing has changed. I feel bad for spriests and ele shamans, they will be terribly controlled in bg's even in arenas when rogues and wars are involved.

But warlocks will have a good time next season as well. Especially destruction for bgs. As the poster above said, you are powerful even when left alone, can't say towards other specs except for a few. We have good survivability and CC, that's why I disagree in speccing Sac. Get shivarra for extra CC, you can 2v1 players with it. Its Mezmerize ability is pretty useful against feral druids which are also very very good now, not to mention, it can be used for anything not just humanoids, that is what makes it powerful.

Affliction is harder to pull off. You need to have a pocket healer to actually be effective. When left alone, you will die before your dots even make a dent a warrior or a rogue. It is terrible outside dark soul, which forces you to take AD, which in return, destroys your mobility in every way.

Demo, tricky, can hit hard if you are good, but still not as good as Destro in full potential though. However, it can prevent a rogue from restealthing, ifyou know what you are doing. It's been long since I played the spec. It just got destroyed after the KJC nerf, seeing it only hurts when in Meta and you have Imps. But this is still a fun spec, still decent against melee.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2014-02-23 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Compared to what? Hunters hit every bit as hard as destro but all their damage is either instant or uninterruptable...their pet centric spec the pet is a real threat to someone while a wrathguard seldom qualifies as much more than an annoyance. Mages can offer more control/escapes vs melee with burst damage that is far harder to prevent than destro. Aff has good spread pressure but that sort of damage isn't exactly dangerous in the present pvp climate. Warriors make life rough on warlocks and lately warriors are everywhere/fotm.

In most arena comps your job is to get something about 20% down on HP while putting out lots of CC so your actual damage hero team member can 80%-0 someone. Aff is just about incapable of landing a kill on its own. Destro just needs to get someone down 20%, the partner 60% more, then shadowburn execute works. If you are going to play destro get ready to get tunneled a lot. You will need a partner who can peel melee for you so you can get chaosbolt casts off.

Locks have more binds than some and less than others but ultimately its how in depth do you want to play it? I mean you can have arena 1/2/3 macro's for every spell in the extreme or just a single keybind for most spells at the minimum. Find what you are comfortable managing and then see if you can be successful with that level of involvement.

As for this upcoming season....pretty much everyone says rogues are going to be the new fotm and they have always been a tough opponent for locks. With a glut of warriors already out there it may be another rough season (even if you are successful it can be highly frustrating) which is a nice way to say the skill you have would take you further on other classes. Unless you just want to play a lock in which case why ask?
    I agree 100%
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    whew, thank god i foudn this thread before starting another dubmass thread. anyways, how are locks looking on the ptr for pvp? And which spec seesm to be more viable so far? Also, while on the subject, what are some of the better threes comps for locks? I can play destro and aff well so either one would work. Thanks all!

IMO - Locks are in a great spot at the moment, affliction being i think a little more complex than destro.

Destro locks are hard countered by rogues, it is very difficult to kill a rogue who has been playing his class longer than a month.(my experience and opinion)

Affliction warlocks are hard countered by warriors(though rogues are still tough.. just in my opinion not as tough). With all three of our dots up, a warriors regen below 40% health or w/e literally negates all 3 dots..we absolultly need to save haunts for below 40%(and im talking like 3 not just 1) its rather frustrating, but if you play it right you could get lucky with a kill, but unlikely.

Hunters hit like a truck, but they are easily controlled.. I have little problems with hunters unless i play like garbage. Though that doesn't change how hard they hit.

TLDR - Locks are awesome, they are more difficult to play than a warrior to play well.
    This is just my personal experience, and opinion.

Aff with the haste possible in 550 gear feels smoother and fears are more possible now that pummel/d.shout are on a lockout. However rogues can kill you with no CD's and if you trinket anything you WILL die in the kidneybomb though any CD but dark bargain. That said bomb and bargain are both 3 mins. Blizz did NOTHING to fix the blood horror bug that rogues completely get around and its already iffy vs warriors who time spell reflect well (obv don't preapply). The list of situations that spell can even be used is getting slimmer and it was already niche. If you play with a r.shaman aff at full haste isn't awful but mediocre pressure + CC bot may not be a playstyle most people enjoy who play a pure dps. Which is to say those who enjoy actually killing people can play destro with more than a little frustration or mage/melee/hunter/etc with far less rage inducing situations. (IDK win or lose I find lock to be utterly frustrating at times compared to other classes).

TLDR= Aff/rsham/xxx will be viable but you need to understand what your role/playstyle is and be okay with it.