Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I find it odd that people don't seem to be using eotm when there's a queue. Yes, i know it doesn't add to the PPT, but neither does sitting around.
    That's actually where most of us went while waiting last night HAHA. I kept getting mowed down by 30 person queues though, AND it was in overflow.

I've never been in an eotm that wasn't an overflow.

I've just seen people posting queue pictures of them in the PVP lobby or sitting around in Gendarren. I guess BG and JQ had a queue for the jumping puzzle just to troll people trying to do it. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Werdernator is doing the infographics for each match again this season, here's the results of the first EU matches:

http://imgur.com/a/lzp80#0

Cumulative score is being tracked on the wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_...ournament_2014

- - - Updated - - -

And here is the infographics for week 1 NA:

http://imgur.com/a/3i2Z0#0

- - - Updated - - -

For general curiosity comparing total objectives flipped during the first week this season and the first week last season...

Last season NA 481742
    This season NA 499134

Last season EU 639206
    This season EU 641728

It appears that participation in WvW is UP across the board!

- - - Updated - - -

Another interesting fact: Greater than 4m kills so far!
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-04-04 at 08:28 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Eh that just means more flipping. Can't really correlate that with any activity increase.

I feel like apologizing to NSP and BP for this current match-up with SBI.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Werdernator is doing the infographics for each match again this season, here's the results of the first EU matches:

http://imgur.com/a/lzp80#0

Cumulative score is being tracked on the wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_...ournament_2014

- - - Updated - - -

And here is the infographics for week 1 NA:

http://imgur.com/a/3i2Z0#0

- - - Updated - - -

For general curiosity comparing total objectives flipped during the first week this season and the first week last season...

Last season NA 481742
    This season NA 499134

Last season EU 639206
    This season EU 641728

It appears that participation in WvW is UP across the board!

- - - Updated - - -

Another interesting fact: Greater than 4m kills so far!
    I have gotten about 5k kills since the start of seasons multiply that with the 50 other people that raid with me is 250k give or take 50k kills for our scouts and our casual players.

Last night alone I got about 1500 wiping the floor of Yaks Bend and FA groups. Having a great time on my new server some fun fights this season is shaping up to be an excellent one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished the wvw meta last night, now i'll just have to wait till the 15th to try my guardian/warrior/thief/necro on wvw !
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    I have gotten about 5k kills since the start of seasons multiply that with the 50 other people that raid with me is 250k give or take 50k kills for our scouts and our casual players.

Last night alone I got about 1500 wiping the floor of Yaks Bend and FA groups. Having a great time on my new server some fun fights this season is shaping up to be an excellent one.
    Too bad I can't say the same On aurora glade things look gloomy this season. I heard a lot of guilds left. I felt like getting farmed this weekend, can't say it was much fun. It makes me just want to finish the meta and never set foot again for a long period.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Finished the wvw meta last night, now i'll just have to wait till the 15th to try my guardian/warrior/thief/necro on wvw !
    Nice. I just started so its going to take me awhile to finish it off. xD

10+ Year Old Account

You're on Henge! I just moved there myself when the transfers opened up. Night coverage has been insane!

What time are you getting in there that you're getting so many kills? I went in Saturday morning and ended up getting wiped out about three times by FA groups 3 times our zerg's size.

Note to anyone on servers that are having trouble getting their meta done: EotM is AMAZING right now for finishing these.

I forgot about EOTM; thanks for reminding me. So much chaos in wvwvw that I get side tracked.

10+ Year Old Account

Aw man! I totally forgot to look at my PKs before the season started. Now I will never know exactly how many infidels I laid to waste this season /sadface
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    You're on Henge! I just moved there myself when the transfers opened up. Night coverage has been insane!

What time are you getting in there that you're getting so many kills? I went in Saturday morning and ended up getting wiped out about three times by FA groups 3 times our zerg's size.

Note to anyone on servers that are having trouble getting their meta done: EotM is AMAZING right now for finishing these.
    We rally at 6 server and go fairly long. We have good coverage in our guild and normally have a commander running atleast 18 hours out of the day. Mornings when our SG crew is on which is a lot smaller then our NA/Oceanic crew. And yea Saturday FA was still pushing hard to get that lead. NA Prime is when the fights get more even. And one of the reason we get a lot of kills is because atleast in my case as well as about 20-30 others we were up 10+ hours on reset and another 10+ hours saturday night pushing for PPT.
    Last edited by Litharium; 2014-04-09 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Match 2 Infographics

EU http://imgur.com/a/b3txD#0

NA http://imgur.com/a/TIwRD#0

And another site to help you analyze the score, pay special attention to Score Not From TIck - this is from bloodlust stomps and sentries: http://www.gw2score.com/currentscore...t/desc?match=1
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-04-12 at 07:23 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Did it take long time to finish? I usually dont do pvp that much but think I might want to try and get in to the tournament mood

I dont think I'll be able to start untill next week sometime tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    Did it take long time to finish? I usually dont do pvp that much but think I might want to try and get in to the tournament mood

I dont think I'll be able to start untill next week sometime tho.
    Less than a week if you spend a couple of hours a day on it. I did most of mine in EotM and a minimal amount in my world's WvW.

Deleted
    Less than a week if you spend a couple of hours a day on it. I did most of mine in EotM and a minimal amount in my world's WvW.
    Ah nice, thanks! Guess this is a good opportunity to have a better look at EotM then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    One of the coolest tools I've seen yet. Real time map shows a cool map ping when an objective is being captured and the guild name + logo plus upgrades of any claimed objectives. Never heard of it before but they got 2.5 million hits last month.

http://wvwintel.com/
    This ones better... just pick your realm

http://gw2score.com/livemap/0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    Too bad I can't say the same On aurora glade things look gloomy this season. I heard a lot of guilds left. I felt like getting farmed this weekend, can't say it was much fun. It makes me just want to finish the meta and never set foot again for a long period.
    Yeah i also feel sorry for the weaker realms in each matchup. A couple of realms intentionally tanked so they dont have to fight in gold league and thy have a shot at winning silver league.

Im on Piken and we couldve got into Gold but we decided to tank... basically we could spend the entire tourny getting spanked in gold league or win most of our matches in silver.

Lets be honest, Gandara should be in gold league cos dozens of good wvw guilds have xferred there past couple of weeks. Classic bandwagoning.

We matched up against u guys (Aurora Glade) last week and it def wasnt a fair fight

Dont give up cos it all levels out eventually so u will be fighting against equal opponents soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Yeah i also feel sorry for the weaker realms in each matchup. A couple of realms intentionally tanked so they dont have to fight in gold league and thy have a shot at winning silver league.

Im on Piken and we couldve got into Gold but we decided to tank... basically we could spend the entire tourny getting spanked in gold league or win most of our matches in silver.

Lets be honest, Gandara should be in gold league cos dozens of good wvw guilds have xferred there past couple of weeks. Classic bandwagoning.

We matched up against u guys (Aurora Glade) last week and it def wasnt a fair fight

Dont give up cos it all levels out eventually so u will be fighting against equal opponents soon!
    I'm on Henge of Denravi (the US equivalent to Gandara so it was where most of the transfers ended up going). I don't know about the other guilds and people who went there and I hate the term "bandwagoning", but I was on #8 and transferred down to #13 when it was free because I wanted to play WvW with someone who was on #24, so we met in the middle.

HoD is doing amazing in Silver and I don't regret my decision for a minute, but it IS rivaling the coverage numbers that Gold servers have. It's great right now but I do realize if we move up to Gold at any point we will get absolutely stomped for awhile. I know I'm not looking forward to that.

I mean, I can see why your server decided to "tank" intentionally, but what happens when the tournament is over and you're pushing back into Gold?

Neither Piken nor gandara are gold league "worthy". I'm from deso and I fondly remember the rivalry deso vs gandara vs piken, since it was obvious deso was far better than the others.

You (like most people) over estimate prime time numbers vs round the clock coverage.

Look at the last time you faced deso, you got shit on and it wasn't even two gold league servers vs piken...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I think most of the meta won't be too tough to get, I am worried about the castles in the sky one though :/