Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoD Screenshots, Feb 12 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, EU FCM, Blizzard Gear

Upcoming Beta & PTR Patch, If You Notice A Change NOT In The Notes - Ask, More on Clans, Blizzard Gear Store Grand (Re)Opening!

Gamebreaking Bug: Cards Reverting to Previous Patch Values

Warlords of Draenor Screenshots
    Alex Afrasiabi (Furor) shared some work in progress screenshots of Warlords of Draenor environments.

Patch 5.4.2 Hotfixes: February 12
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Galakras: Resolved an issue where Dragonmaw Grunts were attacking the wrong Demolition Crew on Heroic difficulty.

Love is in the Air
    • Players entering the instance for The Crown Chemical Co. now spawn inside the main courtyard.
    • Lovely Charms should no longer be incorrectly awarded from Unstable Corruptions or Mutant Parasites.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Development Time Tradeoffs
    That said, their constant "...at the cost of a raid tier..." excuse is getting old. We should just call their bluff and say sacrifice the raid tier and give us race-specific buildings for our garrisons.
    It's just a handy reference to explain the level of resources required to do some of the things that might be requested. As has been evidenced by this thread, it seems that when we say that, it can (amazingly) be misconstrued.

I know it's easy to envision Blizzard as a mysterious Willy Wonka-esque magic factory where unfathomable entities craft limitless wonders. As cool (disturbing?) as it would be if we had a bunch of orange-skinned green haired gnomes running around to do our bidding, we don't (but we're working on it). In the meantime, there are real people working long hours with mouse, keyboard, and tablet to bring those wonders to life. It's hard work, and it's held up to an exacting standard.

The long and the short of it is that when we say that, we're not necessarily literally saying that "It's this or a raid tier". It's just shorthand for the amount of resources it might require to accomplish something. It's more like: 'this' or 'more content elsewhere in the game'. Some of you mentioned that you want 5-mans. Well, then the question becomes: Do you want a set of Garrison buildings for one new race or a 5-man? Or a new questing zone? Or new creatures, items, and gear? Or, indeed, a raid tier? So on and so forth.

It's merely an expression of equivalent effort to get across a point that no matter how many creative people we have working, we are always only be able to accomplish so much with those specific resources in a specific amount of time. And that means we have to prioritize what we do. We have to know when to call a project done, and move on to something else, and when to delay an 'Oh, that would be cool if' for later. Feature creep is a real thing, and it can cause an entire project to end up on the cutting room floor.

The quality and detail Blizz is using going into garrisons doesn't hold up with existing buildings that would just be copy pasted on, even if it was as easy as just copy pasting general racial buildings into a system like garrisons, which I highly doubt.
    Correct. We want building and running a Garrison to be a fun and engaging experience, and we're not down with kludging features together. If we do something at all, we always try to do it right. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Art
    any winged Arakkoa concepts yet? Will we not see them until 6.1 or 6.2? Doesn't seem like you had anything at @BlizzCon
    working on them right now - will probably release some shots in Artcraft blog when they're ready to show. No eta (artofcgrobinson)

If / when you have the time, can you read through this thread? http://t.co/40DOD3XmD7
    read the article, happy with male Worgen and aware that female isn't working for large portion of players. No ETA but on radar (artofcgrobinson)

will male night elves look more proportionate,i mean their waist is too small,will it be a bit wider? it'd be cool!! btw
    silhouette will remain, but texture work should help support it as a stylistic choice rather than a mistake, if that makes sense (artofcgrobinson)

Warlords of Draenor Stats
    Will mop items w/ hit/exp. in 6.0 convert to mast/haste/crit, not WoD stats? Could increase SoO-Amplify-Trinkets' value.
    Yeah, hit/exp will convert to crit, haste, or mastery. (Celestalon)
    WIll items be converted by a rule of thumb? Like "always turn hit->crit (unless item already has it, then haste)" for example
    No, I believe we do a mixture. (Celestalon)

PvE
    While on that subject, any chance for "flex raiding" to include tanks? IE, mechanics that cater to 1-3 tanks or similar.
    Unlikely. This is very difficult to do, and would require very significant mechanical changes to a fight. (Celestalon)

PvP
    Does PVP power work while on the Timeless Isle?
    Yes will always work against another player unless in a raid instance. (holinka)

Clarification on Krasarang rares?: first time they are killed in the day by a given character or by anyone?
    Each character gets once per day (holinka)

Question for : Do you know which bracket is the most used in arena ? Thought it was 2v, but not really sur about that.
    yes it is 2s (holinka)

Any news/ideas on what the Conquest > Gold conversion rate will be in 5.4.7
    Same as usual. Conquest converts to honor. Honor capped at 4k. 35 silver for each point of honor over 4k. (holinka)

is world pvp going to be a little more balanced next season? tired of being legit 2 shot by pve heroes and hearing how bad i am
    The PvP gear has a significantly higher item level so it should be very competitive in World PvP (holinka)

UI / Addons
    will white crit number become large again?nowdays when auto attack crit the numbers are still smal i want my big white numbers
    No, that was an intentional change. The abilities you use are intended to be the exciting numbers; white hits are typically weak. (Celestalon)
    What does it matter to you if some players liked it that way btw ? :'( More options is always a good thing !
    On the contrary, more options is definitely not *always* a good thing. More confusion, overwhelming, missed by most,. (Celestalon)
    Instead, we support custom addons, so that you and other players can make it work however you want. (Celestalon)

Blizzard Gear Store Grand Opening!
    We’ve recently (re)opened the Blizzard Gear store online, and you’re invited to shop ‘til you drop at http://gear.blizzard.com.

The Blizzard Gear store is the place to go if you’re looking for collectibles from past BlizzCons, StarCrafts apparel, books & comics, or toys & statues. Perhaps you’re looking for a sweet Hearthstone shirt? We’ve got those right here.

For a limited time, we’re celebrating our grand (re)opening with this promotion: Spend $50 in the Blizzard Gear store and you’ll get free standard shipping (world-wide)! Rules and Restrictions apply.

But wait -- there’s more!

A number of select items in the Blizzard Gear store are discounted for a limited time. You’ll find special prices all over the store, including nice savings on the Alliance t-shirt, the Horde t-shirt, the Diablo III Reaper of Souls backpack, and the Steelseries World of Warcraft wireless MMO gaming mouse.

Portals close soon, and all of our grand (re)opening promotions are set to end on February 17, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

Free Character Migrations Available
    If you're on one of the source realms listed below, you can move your characters to one of the designated destination realms and avoid the queues—for free!

By initiating one of these transfers, you will be moving your character to a new realm and home. This is a one-time, one-way move. If you wish to move your character elsewhere, you will need to use the paid transfer service.

• Draenor / Silvermoon => Kilrogg / Stormrage
    • Kazzak / Outland / Ragnaros / Stormscale / Sylvanas / Twisting Nether => Grim Batol / Auchindoun

Please be aware that, due to the unpredictable nature of free transfers, we may close down any Free Character Migrations at any time and without warning if the target realm becomes full. If you plan to move with friends or your guild, we suggest that you coordinate the effort to reduce the chance of any stragglers being left behind.

Early closures aside, this set of Free Character Migrations will end on Tuesday, February 18.

Begin a Free Character Migration now! We recommend reviewing the FAQ, as it details what is or isn't allowed for transferred characters.

Dark Legacy Comics #427
    DLC #427 has been released.

Talador looks beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I'm leveling up my draenai for the expansion This might just be the one time I will be super excited to play an Alliance to see the Draenai lifestyle in all its glory ^_^

Ok I missed something. Are they making it so you can only get honor from the krasarang rares once a day?

Deleted
    Blizzard gear Store was really needed. Going to spend all my money there

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    Ok I missed something. Are they making it so you can only get honor from the krasarang rares once a day?
    Yes, in order to stop people from going from realm to realm farming lots of quick honor.

Wait, what? Are those FCMs for EU servers or did Stormrage seriously get connected with another realm AND is accepting FCMs? o.O What in the world did I miss??

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yes, in order to stop people from going from realm to realm farming lots of quick honor.
    =( I didn't go from realm to realm but i still enjoyed farming them a lot more than sitting in 10 minute horde queues or losing AV and IoC nonstop.

Screens and Alex

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Talador looks beautiful.
    I knew Alex aka Furor when he played EverQuest. The screenshots look great for WoD, and as some may know I was on the Veeshan server with him. I'm a 90 mage in wow and a 100 wizard in EverQuest. Yes, it does still live, LOL. Will be playing again during WoD expansion for sure. -- Sandcaster of Veeshan and Lightbringer and Durotan.

Deleted
    oh look that first trash talker again. talador looks terrible

The draenor patch is coming along. Shame we have to pay for it and that we have to wait a year for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    DraenorEU, you guys need a serious plague or something, aren't you on free character migration constantly?

That first screenshot looks horrible. I'm not even sure why they'd want to show that off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm nervous, I was one of those that felt I was going to love this Xpac, and I always do every xpac, but then I seen this Screenshot of Gorgrond, and I didn't feel any excitement at all, at all, and I've always felt something towards seeing new screenshot content

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenor-EU... Yeah, we do need some kind of something. The queues around 7-8pm are horrible. I just transferred in (I know, stupid!) with the rest of my guild. But the danish community on Draenor is just so appealing.

Danish servers now! (JK)

The gorgrond pic tried to show us a bit of the landscape in the zone, including the textures (see that dune curves around the ground? it's looking great) and also at the mountains and a iron horde stronghold. (And you can see a bit of an edge that resembles a tower in a second stronghold too). Sure it's not the best pic, but it contains a few new things there. Talador is amazing as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrafice View Post
    Wait, what? Are those FCMs for EU servers or did Stormrage seriously get connected with another realm AND is accepting FCMs? o.O What in the world did I miss??

Unfortunate formatting - they are EU servers, but none of them are connected. It just a list of "source" servers for the FCM, but they formatted it like a connected realm group.

Deleted
    Development Time Tradeoffs

>> the OP is totally right, this is excuse is completely lame from Blizzard. And if you try and press the subject that if they don't have enough resource to serve the biggest and most profitable game in history, then Blizzard reverts back to the bullshit argument that "we dont just recruit anyone, it has to match well with our internal crew and designs and ..... bla bla bla". Bullshit. any dev can adapt their illustrations and work to fit a certain theme. that is their job, essentially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    That first screenshot looks horrible. I'm not even sure why they'd want to show that off.
    This so much. Few people will play any MMOs, let alone WoW, for graphics, but this looks ludicrously bad. Morrowind looks way way better and thats form 2003 or so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the gorgrond screenshot look exactly like borean tundra but a different colour? :S