Different heroic klaxxi kill order

My guild is progressing on this fight and i am just curious, why dont people kill ka'roz 3rd and use the strong legs to pop the ambers from korven, then kill hisek and xaril, maybe even iyyokuk and finally korven? To my understanding it was thought that ka'roz was the easiest to deal with after enrage hits but with the much higher ilvls it may not be that important?

I wouldn't want to tank Korven with significant stacks. Ka'roz isn't just the easiest at enrage, he's the easiest to deal with of all the Paragons.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyzoltin View Post
    My guild is progressing on this fight and i am just curious, why dont people kill ka'roz 3rd and use the strong legs to pop the ambers from korven, then kill hisek and xaril, maybe even iyyokuk and finally korven? To my understanding it was thought that ka'roz was the easiest to deal with after enrage hits but with the much higher ilvls it may not be that important?
    Two reasons:

1. Ka'roz is by an absolute long shot the easiest Paragon to deal with, he has two abilites, Hurl Amber & Whirling both of which are entirely preventable. Except minor melee, if you play sensibly your raid will take 0 damage from Ka'roz the entire fight.

2. Korven hits like an absolute beast, like literally he wrecks the fuck out of the tanks. Keeping him up till the end like you said (granting Korven stacks of damage buff) just wouldn't work, the tanks would just get absolutely destroyed.

Though it's mainly number 1 as to why people kill Ka'roz last, on our first kill we were also able to push it like 20-30 seconds over beserk because he jumps on to ledges and throws amber.

Plus the Amber you talk about (which heals them), we just get Hisek & Korven to ~55% at the same time, push Hisek to 50% so he ambers, then kill Korven during the ICD of amber.

We kill Skeer > Rik'kal > Korven > Hisek > Xaril > Iyyokuk > Kaz'tik > Kil'ruk > Ka'roz.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-13 at 02:14 PM.

Why wouldn't you use Locust to bait the amber? He has considerably less HP.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Why wouldn't you use Locust to bait the amber? He has considerably less HP.
    He has less hitpoints but it's somewhat offset by him flying away to throw ambers and generally moving aorund a lot. Usually it doesn't matter, but it can be annoying if his timing is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    He has less hitpoints but it's somewhat offset by him flying away to throw ambers and generally moving aorund a lot. Usually it doesn't matter, but it can be annoying if his timing is bad.
    This has never been a problem ever. Any time he isn't attackable prime is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    So melee running away from Hisek (because of Rapid Fire) or not DPSing Korven (because he's too low already) is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    So melee running away from Hisek (because of Rapid Fire) or not DPSing Korven (because he's too low already) is better?
    Or you could... you know... assign melee to Korven and ranged to Hisek?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Or you could... you know... assign melee to Korven and ranged to Hisek?
    Melee would still have to stop and stand around if Korven is too close to 50%

Unless you have a very poor comp (as in more melee than ranged) you'll have ranged switching to Korven to bring it down some more. If you have that poor of a comp you'd have the same problem with Karoz and its constant running around.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Come on, be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Unless you have a very poor comp (as in more melee than ranged) you'll have ranged switching to Korven to bring it down some more. If you have that poor of a comp you'd have the same problem with Karoz and its constant running around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrys View Post
    If this is happening, your ranged are awful or you didn't split DPS correctly. Period.
    We do it with a different set up every week because of the amount of raiders/trials we have, and we've never had Korven even remotely close to 50% without switching before Hisek.

A sensible, constructed reply as to why you think doing it this way is worse would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-13 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    If this is happening, your ranged are awful or you didn't split DPS correctly. Period.

Thanks for the great feedback on the korven thing. As you said i was mainly worried about the tank damage after he got 4 or 5 stacks of the buff from being up too long.
    So far we have been dpsing down ka'roz and koven and pushing the amber onto ka'roz with no problems at all, like i said with the inflated ilvls they are melting so fast that by the time Korven is at 60%, ka'roz is down from his amber throw and at 60% already right when we need to push the amber, the difference between pushing it on ka'roz and hisek both have their benefits and imo just comes down to personal preference.

We are only about 40 pulls in so far and are consistently getting to when korven lands with no deaths, it is then that we get the whirl + rapid fire combo and ranged are either getting hit by the whirl trying to dodge the rapid, then he shoots out a last super fast burst and they die to that - OR- they are dodging the whirl and stepping into the rapid.

Overall i didnt know if everyone else had as much of a problem with the whirl as we were having, as i personally knew it was the root of 90% of our deaths so far, thus i decided to pursue other options but from most of the logs ive looked up the only variant in the kill order is either killing manipulator before iyyokuk.

We arent very melee heavy - 6 melee, i think its just an issue of people not being spread enough so they dont have as much time to move from the wake of the whirl?

- - - Updated - - -

also, how many people do have soaking aims? s few people said just use 10 people every time and you wont have to worry about cd's but this has proven to be too problematic with cleaves.

we have 3 hunters, 3 locks, 1 rogue, 2 mages, 1 spriest, 2 warriors, 1 dk, 1 enhance, 1-2 ele, 2 ret, 1-2 boomkin

is it best to rotate 2 groups of 5 and have them use cd's? they would have to be 1.5 min cds doing that, or 3 groups of 5 then they could use 2min cds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightyzoltin View Post
    We are only about 40 pulls in so far and are consistently getting to when korven lands with no deaths, it is then that we get the whirl + rapid fire combo and ranged are either getting hit by the whirl trying to dodge the rapid, then he shoots out a last super fast burst and they die to that - OR- they are dodging the whirl and stepping into the rapid.

Overall i didnt know if everyone else had as much of a problem with the whirl as we were having, as i personally knew it was the root of 90% of our deaths so far, thus i decided to pursue other options but from most of the logs ive looked up the only variant in the kill order is either killing manipulator before iyyokuk.

We arent very melee heavy - 6 melee, i think its just an issue of people not being spread enough so they dont have as much time to move from the wake of the whirl?
    Whirl + Rapid Fire was always a major issue, but it really shouldn't be. You can easily avoid both, and you can even trivialize it as long as you are far enough away from the Rapid Fire.

As mentioned above, your alternative isn't super viable because Korven will start hitting way harder, esp w/ Bash/Assault that you'd been specific CD rotations to keep someone alive. You also can't go Skeer > Rikk > Ka'roz > Korven, just because you'll be one behind, taking more Rapid Fires, Calculations, or Catalysts than you should.

Re: Aim, we just ran 7. Made it pretty easy, as long as everyone got in and didn't get whirled. Are you making sure that you're avoiding as many Aims as possible w/ Feign, G.Invis, Vanish, and Spectral Guise?
    Last edited by mmoc4daf1fd338; 2014-02-13 at 03:43 PM.

You cancel some at least one aim/rapid fire by stunning Hisek.
    You can stun him? oO""""

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arag View Post
    You can stun him? oO""""
    By splitting DPS on Hisek and Korven, you can force Korven to throw Restorative Amber on Hisek, which stuns him. It can make him skip an Aim or Rapid Fire. (Though it's typically not worth it to hold damage to specifically make him skip one or the other.)
    Last edited by mmoc4daf1fd338; 2014-02-13 at 03:45 PM.

Meh i thought its something better. We use karoz to bait amber in right corner of room. We found it's easier for lazy melee to not get killed by rapid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrys View Post
    Are you making sure that you're avoiding as many Aims as possible w/ Feign, G.Invis, Vanish, and Spectral Guise?
    Oh yeah we are, and having locks solo soak their first one if they are targeted as well. Just fyi if you have a feral they can symbio a hunter for play dead too