[Weapon] Main + Off H. or Two Hand?

I haven't done the math, but simcraft shows it's a dps gain for me.

So, I wanna ask, is it a rule that main hand + off hand when on the same Ilvl and with no special effects, is better than a two hand staff, always?

I just want that dam H Nazgrim sword so I can transmog it into a wizard blade.

I have the heroic sword off Nazgrim and the heroic offhand from Iron Jugg. I also have a heroic staff from Sha of Pride. I use the staff right now for the mastery gain. I cant see there being much of a difference long as the stats match up. Also its cheaper to upgrade a staff over a main hand AND a off.

Deleted
    Generally the extra intellect enchant from the off hand swings it in favour of the 1h+oh set up.

For me also the main thing this tier was the lack of a haste/mastery 2h weapon. I'm not a huge fan of crit for destro/demo, so the wand from spoils and offhand from garrosh were the go to items this tier.

I'd say until you have hcwf options, just go with the highest ilvl weapon you can (though you are already aware of this).

I considered stat weights but being human and getting 1% extra hit from the sword greatly surpassed the lack of mastery from sword + off hand.

I like being hit capped, but 14,99% hit doesn't hurt. 1 in 10000~ CB are gonna miss, meh.
    I guess it's better than having more than 15%.

Whatever you can get warforged there's not a significant difference. Technically it is better to be slightly under hit cap. Since in most cases you'll be wasting stats going over. But its such an insignificant amount of dps that i'd rather just not have that rng. Unless u have a wipe at 10k hp it wont make a difference.

Theoretically if you had unlimited gear choices and luck you could get the highest available haste/mastery setup with a HWF garrosh offhand + spoils wand. That or garrosh offhand + nazgrim sword for you aff/haste fans. Still its far more likely to score say...a HWF staff from sha since you need only 1x lucky event + its a boss that is more farm/easier/earlier in the instance for the less progressed guilds out there. This comes into play especially in 10m where loot can just break a guild's spirit with bad RNG.

So yes, in theory HWF MH/OH is best but the gap isn't so large as to not go for the first HWF weapon available to you. The gap is well within the "noise" of RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have this issue as well. I rolled a HW Off hand from juggs and have heroic sword from naz so I'm using that, I have the sha heroic staff as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

How choose your weapon:

Best Main-hand/Staff ilvl > Best secondaries (Mastery + anything u lookin' for) > Main/OFF (if overall ilvl it's the same) > Staff (if overall ilvl it's the same)

If your weapon fits in one category up the other weapon, choose it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question for other Warlocks out there.

I very specifically made sure to get the Raid Finder Arcweaver Spell Sword and Raid Finder Revelations of Y'Shaarj combination for my Human Warlock. The bonus Expertise seemed nice, and I could mog it into something pretty. Win/Win.

I have since had to switch back to a Raid Finder Gaze of Arrogance, because the bonus Expertise is a lie. A lie.

My combat log proves it. My time in the Brawler's Guild missing an important Chaos Bolt on Ahoo'ru proved it. My own experience with Target Dummies and Flex has proven it. But has anyone else had the Expertise from a weapon not applying towards Spell Hit? Specifically when sitting at 14% Spell Hit and relying on a racial bonus to cover the remainder?

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I considered stat weights but being human and getting 1% extra hit from the sword greatly surpassed the lack of mastery from sword + off hand.

I like being hit capped, but 14,99% hit doesn't hurt. 1 in 10000~ CB are gonna miss, meh.
    I guess it's better than having more than 15%.
    Even something like 15.05% is better than 14.99 in my book. You NEVER want to miss. Even if its a small chance, over thousands of casts, misses occur.
    Graviity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetherine View Post
    Question for other Warlocks out there.

I very specifically made sure to get the Raid Finder Arcweaver Spell Sword and Raid Finder Revelations of Y'Shaarj combination for my Human Warlock. The bonus Expertise seemed nice, and I could mog it into something pretty. Win/Win.

I have since had to switch back to a Raid Finder Gaze of Arrogance, because the bonus Expertise is a lie. A lie.

My combat log proves it. My time in the Brawler's Guild missing an important Chaos Bolt on Ahoo'ru proved it. My own experience with Target Dummies and Flex has proven it. But has anyone else had the Expertise from a weapon not applying towards Spell Hit? Specifically when sitting at 14% Spell Hit and relying on a racial bonus to cover the remainder?
    With the sword equipped, what hit % was your character sheet displaying?

You don't reforge to 14% WITH the sword equipped. You still need your character sheet to display the full 15%.

It's the same with the Immerseus trinket. Some people didn't think the effects would display on their character sheet, and were reforging to (for example) 12k haste into order to hit the 13k breakpoint not realising 12k was already the amplified amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    15%. 4782 Hit Rating, to be precise.

And my Character Sheet did in fact say that I had over the 15% Hit Cap. Not 14% with 1% Expertise added to it from Melee stats, but a flat 15% Hit Chance. I wouldn't see a string of misses in my combat log until I zoned with the sword equipped. Gave up and submitted a ticket, only to get a stock response and no follow-up.

Deleted

And my Character Sheet did in fact say that I had over the 15% Hit Cap. Not 14% with 1% Expertise added to it from Melee stats, but a flat 15% Hit Chance. I wouldn't see a string of misses in my combat log until I zoned with the sword equipped. Gave up and submitted a ticket, only to get a stock response and no follow-up.
    Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account

I've been using Heroic Arcweaver and HWF Power Core for months with no misses. My sheet says only 3327 Hit + 1440 Expertise for 4767 total rating, with the 1% Hit from the sword I have 15.02% Hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to switch to the sword-and-offhand for my raid clearing and Raid Finder efforts this week, to combat log it and figure out if it's still a problem on my end.

With any luck, I'm simply an idiot and forgot something.

Aeth's Edit:

I took the time during a handful of Flex runs this evening to test the hit chances with my character sheet claiming I was hit-capped. Switching items with Outfitter profiles updated my character sheet improperly. Got the newest version of Outfitter and it fixed it.

In closing I am dumb.
    Last edited by Aetherine; 2014-02-19 at 07:33 AM. Reason: <--- Village Idiot