Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Need advices for losing weight ...

Hello , i've seen lot of threads here of ppl asking for help for certain things , so i thought there's no harm in me asking one too.
    I've been struggling for all my life with my weight , im 192cm , currently 110kg. Im not very phisically active cuzz of my job, and i even work at night a lot of times so i can make for some decent living so my sleeping time is also a problem.
    I cant afford eating "clean" all the times(i mean chicken steak etc , tho i can afford a loads of salads cuzz i live in a agriculture place). I live in a small place and i cant afford or spent time traveling to the near city to go to the gym, i own myself few weights,which i made myself too (if that means something).
    So forum fellas any tips and advices what to do(eat,run,lift) with the things i can afford and have.
    Im sick of beeing what i am , and im ready to change that.. tnx all for your help

There is no one approach, you have to find the things that you enjoy that result in a caloric deficit. To lose weight, you must run a caloric deficit; there's a great number of ways to do that, but I can't tell you whether you're going to enjoy HIIT, cycling, swimming, distance running, or just plain old eating less the most. For me, I absolutely love running and found that once I got to around 40 miles per week, the battle was taking in enough food to not lose weight. If you don't like running, running 40 or 50 miles per week probably isn't going to work out so well though!

Eat better foods, and change the times of day you eat what. Eating oats or a carrot before bed can do more than a good amount of physical activity. Food is the answer.

I have been struggling with this myself. Getting it under control now though.
    It all depends on what you want tbh.
    If you simply want to loose weight, the BEST you can do, is fix your eating habbits. Eat atleast 4-5 meals per day, normal meals, not big ones
    and any cardio you can do is amazing. Like, walk/jog to work, or cycle.
    or do a 30-60 min workout after work.
    Just remember, the average male body can burn about 2500 kcal per day, without doing anything at all. So you should most likly aim to eat around 2200-2300 kcal a day.
    After you got that under control, you should start with cardio as any cardio you do, will sort of be a "bonus" kcal usement.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, another thing. 1 kg of muscle mass, will burn around 5 kg of fat in a year. So if you can manage to build up about 5 kg of muscle, and have your eating under control, your body will burn 25kg of fat in one year, simply because you got more muscle

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace soft and sugary drinks with water.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Eat better, do exercise.

Portion control.

500 calories less a day = 1 lb a week of loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenver View Post
    Eat better, do exercise.
    This. Make time for exercise. Even if that means no games or very little game time. I had to do this a year ago and I slowly learned how to balance the time out.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well idk if i should have mentioned , back in 2011 i was on the brink of depression , was 131kg , but then i decided to skip lunch , was running 10km per day ... and in 4-5 months i went down to 96kg ...
    I was happy to see all my clothes look huge on me, even i had no money for new ones .. but at the same time i wasnt feeling very good , healthwise ... was not able to do much phisical work, which i usually did with all the agricultural chores i had(lifting 50kg sacks,loading 5-6 on a truck per day, etc etc) .. the thing is .. that wasnt healthy , and as i read everywhere i just returned all the weight in some time .. well not all, but 15kg's back ..
    I have a strong will and patience , thats why i asked for help here , cuzz i think MMO is a huge community and have ppl that have some succes stories and exp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJordanMK View Post
    Well idk if i should have mentioned , back in 2011 i was on the brink of depression , was 131kg , but then i decided to skip lunch , was running 10km per day ... and in 4-5 months i went down to 96kg ...
    I was happy to see all my clothes look huge on me, even i had no money for new ones .. but at the same time i wasnt feeling very good , healthwise ... was not able to do much phisical work, which i usually did with all the agricultural chores i had(lifting 50kg sacks,loading 5-6 on a truck per day, etc etc) .. the thing is .. that wasnt healthy , and as i read everywhere i just returned all the weight in some time .. well not all, but 15kg's back ..
    I have a strong will and patience , thats why i asked for help here , cuzz i think MMO is a huge community and have ppl that have some succes stories and exp.
    What is the problem with your health?

If you just don't consider the overweight as a problem, what is then the issue, if you have an opinion on that?

If you want to have a healthy, balanced state, you should try to find some stable position that generates health for you, though you have perhaps considered thia already.

Overweight isn't really unhealthy in itself, it is the imbalance that is unhealthy. Both too much and too little of anything.

exercise harder...eat less

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to start 2 days ago, so far these 2 days , im begining my mornings with a bowl of cereal , then went for 3km running ... during the day , 2-3 apples/bananas .. can of tuna .. 1l green tea , 2-3l water ...
    its not something i guess... but its good for a start
    any thoughts ?

10+ Year Old Account
    run. run run

if you run you'll burn calories, and then more calories for upto 48 hours from afterburn.

run about 3-5x a week

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJordanMK View Post
    Hello , i've seen lot of threads here of ppl asking for help for certain things , so i thought there's no harm in me asking one too.
    I've been struggling for all my life with my weight , im 192cm , currently 110kg. Im not very phisically active cuzz of my job, and i even work at night a lot of times so i can make for some decent living so my sleeping time is also a problem.
    I cant afford eating "clean" all the times(i mean chicken steak etc , tho i can afford a loads of salads cuzz i live in a agriculture place). I live in a small place and i cant afford or spent time traveling to the near city to go to the gym, i own myself few weights,which i made myself too (if that means something).
    So forum fellas any tips and advices what to do(eat,run,lift) with the things i can afford and have.
    Im sick of beeing what i am , and im ready to change that.. tnx all for your help
    Start with small life changes. Things like replacing sodas with water. Drinking more water. Things like that.
    Next begin an exercise plan of some sort. It doesn't need to be rigorous at first. Start with walking a few miles a few times a week. Walk to the store, walk to work (if able).
    Your diet as a whole will come next. Cut out as many empty calories as you can. Eat more vegetables when you can. Fish and poultry are better than other meats.

Most importantly: Do not make a drastic change overnight. Also, reward yourself some. You can't cut everything out, so every once in a while, enjoy the food you love. Just be sure to do it responsibly, don't overindulge. By doing this, you will reduce the cravings slightly, which will mean you may not splurge as much.

Best of luck to you. Change is good, but accept yourself and don't ever be negative about anything. Positivity goes a long way, stress can work against you. Be happy and find something you enjoy. Happy is healthy.

Deleted
    You could try calculating your TDEE (many tools online will help), what food tipically eat and start with a small calorie deficit, let's say 15%? Have a good breakfast like cereals and grapefruit juice (or a different one, just sugarfree), a good lunch and moderate carbs at dinner, small meals between if you get too hungry or have to work harder.
    It really is hard to help without knowing your habits, what you eat and when, please tell us more. Like...what have you eaten today?

10+ Year Old Account
    This mornin i started with a banana , and few glasses of water ... went for a run , atm im in my desk at work ... goin for tuna lunch later

I honestly use this site, I do two challenges every month and work them into my daily routine. So far this year I've lost about 30lbs. http://neilarey.com/challenges.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Which challenges do you think are good for starters, how did you start ?

The #1 thing to start with is cut down on your salt intake. Don't use seasonings that have salt in the name (onion salt, garlic salt, etc). Use a variety of the Mrs. Dash seasonings (there's like 13-15 varieties). If you like tacos, learn to make your own taco seasoning and cut the salt measurement by 3/4 of what it says to use. You'd be amazed at how much a salt heavy diet will make you retain fluids in your body.

Also, drink lots of water - although don't drink over 64 oz a day if you can help it. And remember any food that has a liquid component (soups, ice cream, etc) count as liqiod, You'd be amazed as how much fluid can be retained if you over-hydrate.

If you can buy chicken, buy it frozen in bulk packages. Then instead of frying it, roast/bake it. I like to take mine and drizzle a little olive oil, Mrs Dash Garlic n Herb. Then I can either eat it this way or make shredded chicken tacos from this and the homemade taco seasoning.

If you like soft tacos, don't use the flour tortillas. Get the corn ones. Floured ones have like 300 mg of sodium in 2 while corn has between 15-25 in 3..

Read the nutrition labels for sodium content. If it's more than 15-20% of your RDA (reccomended daily allowance) find something better.

Lastly, go see a doc and get a blood test (called a BNP or BMP) that will give a lot of valuable info on your current sodium levels and other things to watch out for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There is no one approach, you have to find the things that you enjoy that result in a caloric deficit. To lose weight, you must run a caloric deficit; there's a great number of ways to do that, but I can't tell you whether you're going to enjoy HIIT, cycling, swimming, distance running, or just plain old eating less the most. For me, I absolutely love running and found that once I got to around 40 miles per week, the battle was taking in enough food to not lose weight. If you don't like running, running 40 or 50 miles per week probably isn't going to work out so well though!
    Also running is horrible if youre overweight. Its a good way to blow out your knees, ankles, and gives you shin splints