Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    So because we had shit once, its fine to get it again?
    It's almost like that's what gamers are settling for these days isn't it? (and sadly supporting it at the same time)

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    3) They don't do a Beta and just drop the expansion on us so the "race" for Mythic World Firsts is truly "new" to everyone.

This would not surprise me in the least.
    There is no way this would happen, unless they would be ready for WoD sucking monkey balls. Blizzard is terrible at testing stuff themselves. Just look at how Diablo 3 turned out after beta only had the first few levels and first part of the first act.

just unsub - by the time WoD arrives you'll be all fresh and eager. Sit around doing nothing for 7months will make you hate the game

just unsub.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing Answer, and yes, we will have to deal with SoO another 5 or 7 months , so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    26 months from Vanilla to BC
    22 months from BC to Wrath
    25 months from Wrath to Cata
    21 months from Cata to MoP

It does not seem farfetched to suggest that WoD will come out in September. Why? Because more or less there is a team A and a team B in expansions. Team A notoriously takes longer (26 and 25 months) whereas team B tends to be quicker (22 months and 21 months). Assuming a slightly faster trend that both teams have been doing, 24 months is quite reasonable and WoD would probably come out in September 2014. Following this logic, Expansion #6 might come out in May 2016 and Expansion #7 might come out in April 2018.

That being said, while Wrath and MoP did in fact come out less than 2 years after the previous expansion, I generally get it in my head that an expansion is 2 years long. Until I have enough evidence to truly prove otherwise, I'm going to pretty much expect that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Wasn't ICC out for a year?

This isn't too bad yet.
    ICC was, but the REAL final raid of Wrath (Ruby Sanctum) was out 4 months before 4.0 launched.

DS was out 8 months.

SoO will be out 8-11 months with a launch window of June-September.

Plain and simple, since the Activision merger, Blizz has a long documented history of having the space to put in a filler or 4th tier, but turn their nose up at the subject and then try to justify it with "everything costs a tier."

And people eat the excuses up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    ICC was, but the REAL final raid of Wrath (Ruby Sanctum) was out 4 months before 4.0 launched.

DS was out 8 months.

Plain and simple, since the Activision merger, Blizz has a long documented history of having the space to put in a filler or 4th tier, but turn their nose up at the subject and then try to justify it with "everything costs a tier."

It's disgusting to see so many people eat up crap content and crap excuses. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Amazing Answer, and yes, we will have to deal with SoO another 5 or 7 months , so bad.
    This is what happens when people don't call companies like Acti-Blizz on the shenanigans they pull.

We sat around in DS and said "Well at least MoP will be good," so they did it again with SoO. Now we're sitting here saying "Well at least WoD will be good."

It's the players that are causing this, they're sitting around in fear of the "At the cost of a raid tier" excuse when we already are being cheated out of a raid tier we have the time for. WoW is clearly entering the milking phase, just look at the sudden push of the Monthly Fee plus Cash Shop, and the increase of "We will give you the bare minimum and you won't complain."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    No, it doesn't concern me. WoD won't be released until at least September-October. Why do people fall for time and time again when Blizzard says that they are releasing faster expansions.
    I don't think they even said that.
    They said they WANT to release faster.
    They said they know people don't like 12 months or more in a single tier, and that they want to avoid that happening again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is, people will take a mini tier just to hold them off. Then later the same people bash it. Amazing logic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    They said they know people don't like 12 months or more in a single tier, and that they want to avoid that happening again.
    And yet, here we are. Again. And people are making excuses for them. Again. Even though they're the largest MMO in the western world and make $120 every single month, they're pleading poverty and lack of resources.

And people BELIEVE them. It's pathetic.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    We're talking about wanting versus capability, and that's what gets me most angry about this.

Blizz can say they want yearly expansions all they want, but simply put they cannot do it. Their team is not structured in a way to make this possible.

But instead of owning up to it and saying "While we can't provide you with more frequent expansions, we can provide you with more frequent raids" they continue to get up and say "This will be the fastest-launched expansion yet" and then we're stuck with 6 months of hearing "Well an extra tier would delay this expansion further" and "We can't add that or it would cost a raid tier."

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    If enough people unsub, Blizzard will get the point and make Sunwell or Ruby Sanctum.
    Unfortunately, not enough people so far.
    Sunwell wasn't spontaneous, it was the intended final raid of TBC. BT was released too early and so there was an awkward time gap.

So because they gave us this shit once, there is a chance they will do it again*

- - - Updated - - -

There is no way this would happen, unless they would be ready for WoD sucking monkey balls. Blizzard is terrible at testing stuff themselves. Just look at how Diablo 3 turned out after beta only had the first few levels and first part of the first act.
    They could however test raids, then balance them behind the scenes for release.
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Or it could be that Blizzard has stopped giving a crap. I know, unlikely, but gotta consider all possibilities. And if this one is indeed true, then WoD is gonna suck more than all the crappy stuff taken from Cata and MOP and combined. We'll see. Overall it kinda sucks that they are unable to live up to their own words. Wouldn't surprise me if we don't even get even half the updated models by release, whenever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    26 months from Vanilla to BC
    22 months from BC to Wrath
    25 months from Wrath to Cata
    21 months from Cata to MoP

It does not seem farfetched to suggest that WoD will come out in September. Why? Because more or less there is a team A and a team B in expansions. Team A notoriously takes longer (26 and 25 months) whereas team B tends to be quicker (22 months and 21 months). Assuming a slightly faster trend that both teams have been doing, 24 months is quite reasonable and WoD would probably come out in September 2014. Following this logic, Expansion #6 might come out in May 2016 and Expansion #7 might come out in April 2018.

That being said, while Wrath and MoP did in fact come out less than 2 years after the previous expansion, I generally get it in my head that an expansion is 2 years long. Until I have enough evidence to truly prove otherwise, I'm going to pretty much expect that.
    What makes you say that?
    Didn't the same team do vanilla, tbc, and most of wrath content before gc took over?

- - - Updated - - -

DS was out 8 months.

RS may be the final raid of wrath, but it was not a new tier, and IIRC did not come with a new pvp tier.
    Edit: It was also 1 boss, 1 boss isn't enough for 4 months.

What makes you say that?
    Didn't the same team do vanilla, tbc, and most of wrath content before gc took over?
    GC had very little to do with expansion development.

So because they gave us this shit once, there is a chance they will do it again*

- - - Updated - - -

They could however test raids, then balance them behind the scenes for release.
    They also tested Diablo 3 "behind the scenes" and it was absolute garbage at launch.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But instead of owning up to it and saying "While we can't provide you with more frequent expansions, we can provide you with more frequent raids"
    Oh yeah, because so many people have killed H Garrosh that they need to be whipping out more subpar raids in the meantime right? There's a reason WoW is the #1 game for raiding and it's not because they give you filler raids like you seem to want(hello RS). Quality over quantity. YMMV. They have already stated their goal to put out faster expansions was hindered by lack of talent hiring. They straight up told you there weren't good enough people to hire. But hey, if you want to pay your $15 to get access to raids made by people with no talent, be my guest. I'll keep using my $15 to play in content that Ion and his team designs.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh yeah, because so many people have killed H Garrosh that they need to be whipping out more subpar raids in the meantime right? There's a reason WoW is the #1 game for raiding and it's not because they give you filler raids like you seem to want(hello RS). Quality over quantity. YMMV. They have already stated their goal to put out faster expansions was hindered by lack of talent hiring. They straight up told you there weren't good enough people to hire. But hey, if you want to pay your $15 to get access to raids made by people with no talent, be my guest. I'll keep using my $15 to play in content that Ion and his team designs.
    How many people consider H-Garrosh to be the end of the content?

I think more people consider seeing the final cinematic to be the end. Maybe even just beating Normal (which what, 60% have done now)? Heroic? Yeah, that's kinda a dying thing as far as being "the end."