Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    How many people consider H-Garrosh to be the end of the content?

I think more people consider seeing the final cinematic to be the end. Maybe even just beating Normal (which what, 60% have done now)? Heroic? Yeah, that's kinda a dying thing as far as being "the end."
    Which is exactly what some people are missing. WoW IS a casual's MMO. It's been like that since Cata, there's no debate here. Hardcore raiders are just making noise about how they are the ones that are doing it right when there's really no right and wrong, you pay your fee and you do whatever the fuck you feel like. The devs try to cater to everyone, to the majority of casuals who want to experience the endgame aspect of the story (which happens to be raiding) and to the minority of hardcore raiders who want to kill tougher dragons, or whatever the hell is on the plate at the moment. And they would succeed too, if everyone would just mind their goddamn business instead of bitching about what the other guy gets and how unfair it is to you...

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Yes, you read correctly. It's been over 5 months already and not even a Beta for WoD in sight. Doesn't this concern people? At this rate, SoO will probably have been out 8-9 months at least before we see WoD, with no new substantial new content in-between. What happened to getting content out faster.
    Why worry? A repeat of Cataclysm's Neverending Beta, is considered a null possibility. And they polished their development a lot during MoP. This beta will run very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe even just beating Normal (which what, 60% have done now)?
    53% of guilds with SoO normal/heroic progression have downed N Garrosh. However, that's not 53% of players, since most guilds have no such progression.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    They have already stated their goal to put out faster expansions was hindered by lack of talent hiring. They straight up told you there weren't good enough people to hire. But hey, if you want to pay your $15 to get access to raids made by people with no talent, be my guest. I'll keep using my $15 to play in content that Ion and his team designs.
    Somewhat. Blizz has internal problems when it comes to hiring. If you look at former employee reviews, they state the Blizz is god-awful at middle management which means that they only need people to fill in senior positions and that there are problems when it comes to managing resources. However, Blizz also has an "Old-boy problem" which means that anybody who isn't a close friend or family member will either not get the job or not have any mobility other than their initial position. So there is likely to be a lotta people that Blizz could hire, but won't because of their internal management problems.

Also, their standards for an employee are pretty damn high. Their requirements for a "Machinima Artist" includes "A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience working in a game engine" which is funny because it is their fanbase that makes most of the WoW Machinima out there anyways. If anything, Blizz should look into their fanbase as a resources pool like how Valve does for TF2 content.

Sources: Online former employee reviews (glassdoor) & Blizzard Job Directory
    Last edited by Hardkorr; 2014-02-14 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Double Checked Job Directory
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    *snip*
    Well...you have no verifiable proof about the 'old-boy' thing, but it's kinda a moot point since most of these people have never left the company and just work on other projects. It's not like people left WoW and droves and now they're coming back, because they're not. They are making their own MMOs...since pretty much every other MMO advertises 'former WoW lead dev So and So' (Carbine, Firefall, etc). Regarding the high standards, that's the exact reason why they are having problems finding more staff.

We can sit here in our computer chairs and judge them for not hiring every schmuck who walks in the door with a portfolio or experience, but the truth is that maintaining the high standards is part of the reason they are still tops. I trust after so long that they have a pretty good idea of what level of talent they need. It's part of the reason I find this thread so ridiculous.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You'd be the first to complain if the content was buggy as shit.
    Look, if I was subscribed to a newspaper instead, I'd be pissed both if the news was late and if it was incorrect. I am *that* entitled .

There's no law of the universe that videogame content is either slow or bad. For a company making billions with WoW alone, they are given way too much slack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    That is not the consumers problem.

Why do people accept "sorry guys, we didn't plan" so easily and then go on to actively defend this utterly dubious position?
    I'm always amazed how many people buy Blizzard's bullshit and actually defend them.

lol at people unsubbing because content is coming out as fast as the past 2 xpacs .....it will prob come out september so stop your bitching and do something else in game besides raid and qq

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You can cancel your subscription until WoD/beta if you'd like.
    Already done, and the game itself gets released in Spetember
    * Again*

i wonder if blizz will release a new mini raid or something before the next expac.. the game has become a little bit tiresome