Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Testing enough spirit?

The guides mention to reforge enough spirit to avoid going OOM. Anyone have a good way to test this? Lvl 90 dummies, 3 rejuvs, 5 minutes continuous healing, that sort of thing?

Otherwise I'll go broke trying to reforge all the time.

Note almost 90, just want to make the right choice with a Timeless set and reforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    for myself the magic number for me is around 12k-13k spirit - With this i don't go oom unless people are being tards. I also play very aggressive with my mana.

Im only raiding normal mode atm so this is not for heroics. ( not sure if i'd need to bump my spirit a little for heroics )

Thanks Littlepinch. I have been looking at characters on the armory (for around 500ilvl or so) and going from there to get a feel for spirit amounts. Thanks for the quick reply.

Around 12-13k spirit is good in the current tier. As a rule, try to aim for slightly less than you're comfortable with. If you don't push yourself you'll never improve, and you can always get a bit better at mana management.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivalen View Post
    Thanks Littlepinch. I have been looking at characters on the armory (for around 500ilvl or so) and going from there to get a feel for spirit amounts. Thanks for the quick reply.
    np glad to help

If you want to look at my druid - im Pinchwick - Sargeras US

only ilv 553 atm but working on it

19k+ and just jump arround spamming w/e you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    that made me LoL

I do however love jumping around as a tree!!

10+ Year Old Account
    We are currently 7/14H and I am currently the swing healer (that is, I heal on 3 heal fights and DPS on 2 heal fights). I never go oom and I sit at ~14k-15k. I too use mana fairly aggressively. Frequently blanket rejuv and genesis and repeat.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I had to quickly respect from Boomkin to Resto for a guild flex run that I was coerced into, I was like I don't have gems on me, so one of the officers handed me a stack of spirit gems. I was around 19-20kish. I jumped around spammed rejuve on everyone, for anything, a lot of times for nothing. Bound a /tar /cast rejuve macro to my numpad for everyone also, and watched Netflix on my tablet.

Deleted
    You will need to give a bit more information for a proper response. A few things to take in to account are whether or not you are using regen trinkets, how many shamans/priests will be raiding with you, if you have the legendary meta gem(roughly equal to 7k spirit) and ultimately what your playstyle is like.
    The best way you can work out the amount of spirit you need is to test and reforge until you feel comfortable. Most druids are playing with 12-13k spirit, but they are also using the regen trinket from Blackfuse and most have the legendary meta gem. Find a number that works for you, and as your gear improves simply reforge spirit into mastery or haste accordingly.

I generally target 14k+. There aren't really any fights where I have throughput or mana problems. I primarily co-heal with a shaman.

If you have poor gear, aim for about 10k Spirit. You can 2 heal all of SoO normal effectively with 8k (possibly less) at about 530ilvl, if you are super cautious with how you spend your mana and use innervate basically on CD + Mana pots. 10k is where is starts to feel comfortable, and as you move into heroics you probably want 12-14k, it sorta just comes naturally as you get more gear.

A druid should never need as much spirit as a holy priest or pally, but at the end of the day its a personal preference.

this depends on a lot of things, playing ability, the playing ability of your co healers, playing ability of your raid in general.

personally i've played with different spirit numbers the entire tier, i've found the other healers in my guild are not the best, so i went from 11k spirit to 13.5k spirit, i don't really oom anymore and my hps is fairly high.

we're an average 11/14 heroic guild.

for normal modes/flex/lfr? you can run with a pretty low amount of spirit, 8-10k is more than fine. not really sure how you'd test this though, just do a few raids, you want to end the fights with as little mana as possible while not being 100% oom.

Then proceed to wipe horribly on any heroic fight with actual healing requirements because your have no mastery. Or you end up needing three healers for fights like Norushen 10H that should be facerollable with two competent healers.

Works fine for LFR and flex, though. Normal too if you're progressing through it with 540+ gear. Less so when the content was new and everyone was in ToT gear.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Then proceed to wipe horribly on any heroic fight with actual healing requirements because your have no mastery. Or you end up needing three healers for fights like Norushen 10H that should be facerollable with two competent healers.

Works fine for LFR and flex, though. Normal too if you're progressing through it with 540+ gear. Less so when the content was new and everyone was in ToT gear.
    i agree with this, too many healers do this in flex/normals and then end up getting stomped when they try heroics because they just don't have the output.

it's not good to get into the habit of needing 19k spirit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    i agree with this, too many healers do this in flex/normals and then end up getting stomped when they try heroics because they just don't have the output.

it's not good to get into the habit of needing 19k spirit.
    Personally I raid with half of that amount, with my guild re-progressing garrosh heroic after switching from 10 to 25 to prepare for the next expansion. I have reforged all my spirit away, though I still don't value spirit as a lower stat that much, only think a lower amount of spirit can save lives more than a higher one. Will have to see if I'll end up trading some crit for spirit if I find this amount of regen too low; thus still testing this level.

you can find my armory by clicking my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post

Yeah was meant as a joke.. my offset I roll with ~14k (because of shitty old trinkets) and it's far too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    Personally I raid with half of that amount, with my guild re-progressing garrosh heroic after switching from 10 to 25 to prepare for the next expansion. I have reforged all my spirit away, though I still don't value spirit as a lower stat that much, only think a lower amount of spirit can save lives more than a higher one. Will have to see if I'll end up trading some crit for spirit if I find this amount of regen too low; thus still testing this level.

you can find my armory by clicking my sig.

if 9600 spirit works for you, more power to you.

i couldn't see going sub 13k, and i reforge/gem out of it.

not sure how you got it so low.

You can't ask other ppl.
    Depends on raid comps. Do u raid with at least a resto shaman? Got any priest? Got any dps droods?

The more innervate / mana tide totems / HoH's the less spirit u need.

I need a bit more 15k as there is just a disc priest so only a HoH each fight (which is weak). 15.3k is what i needed for a "hps demanding" fight like it could be thok or stuff like that (GCD capped the whole fight).

Good use of LMG is big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    if 9600 spirit works for you, more power to you.

i couldn't see going sub 13k, and i reforge/gem out of it.

not sure how you got it so low.
    Just the spirit number doesn't mean a lot. If he has 9600 spirit and wf hc DSD, his effective spirit would be around 14k (not counting the meta gem). You always have to take the trinkets into account when comparing spirit, as well as external mana cooldowns.

Personally, I have 12k + DSD, which is just enough for Thok and Shamans, and a bit more than necessary for everything else.