Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Really? Really? Does anybody actually have the remotest bit of fun in having to compete for nodes? Why are we competing with people on our own faction anyway? You have a point with the bots but Blizzard should just ban more bots, not design the game to be inconvenient for the players so the bots have a hard time as well. Although let's be honest usually it will be the bots stealing player's nodes, not the other way around.
    Your kidding right? Alchemy is already hard enough to make g with with the fucking farm spawning 5/6 lotus per day and people being dumb with ah prices. Making farming even easier would kill off the profession. same with BS as there is always little to nothing useful to be crafted from it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Are people seriously that unable to deal with other players in a mmo ?
    welcome to the new age mmo player

Really? Really? Does anybody actually have the remotest bit of fun in having to compete for nodes? Why are we competing with people on our own faction anyway? You have a point with the bots but Blizzard should just ban more bots, not design the game to be inconvenient for the players so the bots have a hard time as well. Although let's be honest usually it will be the bots stealing player's nodes, not the other way around.
    I have fun competing for nodes. Having competition is good you can't have everything handed to you on a silver platter even though that is what it seems like everybody expects nowdays

Yes please, just like Guild Wars 2. And let me deposit my gathered stuff with one mouse click, just like Guild Wars 2.
    And make an additional bank-tab where just gathering stuff is stored, just like....oh wait! Guild Wars 2.
    Which feels like a solo RPG with some kind of MMO-feeling and no competiton at all.

Guild Wars 2 does this. Basically personal loot system for nodes. You and I see the same node and we can both harvest from it at the same time. Hour or so later another node will appear elsewhere in the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Are people seriously that unable to deal with other players in a mmo ?
    Not sure other players are an issue. Most likely the DK and Paladin bots with increased flight speed stripping a done for materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I know, without a doubt, nothing will ever appeal to every player in the game. But, I had this thought cross my mind earlier. What if ore and herb nodes were phased to players just like the chests on Timeless Isle? Would people be happier to see others in the zone knowing there is no real competition for resources?

It really doesn't bother me in the slightest since I have the highest flight speed and a DK bonus. I move just as fast as my Paladin ever did. So really I am not concerned for myself. I just feel bad seeing lowbies trying to level a prof and people like me who are just out mining or herbing swoop in an take it when they are still 50 ft away.

Thoughts?
    While I see your point and can agree with it in theory, it's not a good idea overall. This would cause a huge abundance of ores and herbs and make them pretty much worthless whereas now they have some value. MMO's thrive on the fact you can farm for things, which gives you something to do. So if you can't go out and farm them instead of paying AH price there's not much point because there will always be an easy supply.

They want to keep the immersion effect and there's not much immersion if you can't mind/pick a flower and someone else can pick the exact flower at the same time without it having to respawn (regrow). While it works in theory, it's just not good for a MMO and it's economy which, while many would disagree, is still an aspect of the game. The chests on the isle worked because it was coins or sometimes a piece of gear which only benefited you and had no effect on anyone else (other than helping progress their group).

I greatly enjoy that system in GW2. If you see someone running to the same ore as you, you don't have a "click it quick or run away what do I do?" moment, you just mine it and high five.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I just wonder if no one competed for resources if it would make demand plummet since it is more plentiful.
    This wouldn't affect demand. It would affect (increase) supply, which would cause the effect you described (a decrease in price).

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    Not sure other players are an issue. Most likely the DK and Paladin bots with increased flight speed stripping a done for materials.
    I am not really under the impression that we wouldn't see another one of these brilliant idea threads if there were no bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    This wouldn't affect demand. It would affect (increase) supply, which would cause the effect you described (a decrease in price).
    Not necessarily. If they made gathering nodes personal they would be free to decrease their respawn rates, and put greater limits on how many could be active at once in a zone. They could tune it so that the rate at which any one person gathers materials is normalized. This would actually serve to slow some farmers and bots down; in zones which typically have little competition it would be as if there was an average or high level of competition taking place, just without the negative feelings toward fellow gatherers for taking all your stuff before you can get there, or swooping down on a node while you're fighting a mob or any number of other things which tend to make gathering unpleasant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    If ore and herbs were phased per player it would be a wonderful thing!

But so many 'players' who do nothing but farm and 'play' the AH would whine like two-year-olds and Blizzard knows it.
    meanwhile lets phase monsters, quests, other players. lets make solo raids with 24 ai players.

more threads of yours i see, more im convinced you think wow is call of duty,

edit, that is a multi player game too... what do you think wow is?

a game you can whine about till they make it how you want it?

mmo champion has become a community of the type of player who has more fun putting in cheat codes in GTA than playing the game. like I did when i was 15
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-04 at 06:16 PM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    meanwhile lets phase monsters, quests, other players.
    Well it's no news that playing a single player game would be the solution to probably half the threads in this sub forum.

It was awesome back in vanilla trading hits on ore veins (back when ore veins had multiple hits)

But that sort of community in the wild is long gone now.

Really? Really? Does anybody actually have the remotest bit of fun in having to compete for nodes?.
    I do, especially when I win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    While it encourages botting, blizzard has also slowed down respawn rates on ore and herbs in order to slow down bots as well. Doesn't matter what you do to nodes, bots will bot and people will continue to use them to gather resources. There is no solution to stopping botting.
    They could do this and personalize it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    Demand is directly affected by supply, and vice versa. Supply and demand

Demand is directly affected by supply, and vice versa.
    You can have the only paper bag filled with !@#$ in the world, but the scarcity still won't make people want to buy it.

*VALUE* is affected by supply and demand, but the two don't affect each other directly.

i'd love that change really....