Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i miss WOTLK. trial of the grand crusade (something) and ICC as disc priest. shieldspam :')

I miss real guilds. What the hell happened when I was gone?

15+ Year Old Account
    Easier raids in WOTLK. Could get to HC progression way faster back then. Also miss 40 player raids.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

icc 25 herioc GDKP is what i miss i use to make so much gold the heroic version of rotface dislodged foreign object one gdkp went for 150k i fell off my chair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Remember when you had to buy your skills and buy the different rankings of them?
    Or being a mage and having to buy Arcane Powder & runes for teleporting/portals?
    Or being a hunter and having to buy Arrows and bullets?
    Or the old Talent Tree system?
    Or Mounting at 40 for 80gold and 60 for 600gold
    Or the key rings

Ugh...So many awesome things...
    Seems like you're nostalgic, since the things you listed are some of the things the community had expressed to blizzard how those things had to go away or be changed. All the features today are just features that have been tweaked and improved over time.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I miss being one of two classes with sprint

The game is too instanced now. Everything meaningful in the game is locked in an instance. It makes the game world feel small and mostly irrelevant to players. The game doesn't feel like a "World" anymore, just an instance game.

It used to not be like this, but over time it inevitably went down that road due to their "end game is the real game" philosophy and their defining end-game as instanced raiding. Eventually the instances would outnumber the open world activities, players would become top heavy at level cap, and the game would revolve not around being in the "world" of Azeroth, but in instances.

It was a nice era to experience the game when it was more than daily hubs and teleportation to dungeons.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss back when the game wasn't dumbed down so much. Now the only difficult thing is heroic raids and even those half of the bosses are pretty much face roll. Now WoW is like kids' sports where everyone gets a trophy and no one has to feel bad.

Deleted
    Remember when you had to buy your skills and buy the different rankings of them?
    Or being a mage and having to buy Arcane Powder & runes for teleporting/portals?
    Or being a hunter and having to buy Arrows and bullets?
    Or the old Talent Tree system?
    Or Mounting at 40 for 80gold and 60 for 600gold
    Or the key rings

Ugh...So many awesome things...
    Remember it all and am glad it's all gone.

playing with my mates.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I started playing in BC and I really liked the idea of attunements for raids. I will agree that some tended to be long and arduous, but I loved the idea of raiding being a reward you worked toward.

On a related note, I liked it when raids only had one difficulty. Raids felt very hard, and I remember the immense joy I felt when I worked together with my guild after long hours of wipes to finally get a boss down. I can definitely understand why there are so many different difficulties now, but IMO raiding feels much less rewarding now than it used to.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

I wouldn't say they were removed for the better of the game. It made the game too simplistic. When WoW removed all those things, they lost subscribers.
    I think I see what you mean. Taking away all those little things kind of took alot of the depth out of the game.

WoW is to theme park style and linear these days. It's like blizz tell us what to do and we can only do that. There is no making your own fun, if you get what I mean.

I also agree with Shadee. Everything outside of heroic raiding is a joke. They've tried to bring back some difficulty with timeless isle, but getting randomly 1-shot by mobs I didn't even engage is not the difficulty I like, but I think we will get more of that in WoD.
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2014-02-15 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    I miss the bear form, aquatic form and cure poison druid chains. Not to even mention Swift Flight Form and summoning Anzu. And that's just one class.

Old AV is the only thing I miss, and the old other BGs which could go on for loooong times.

More things to look forwards too than there are things to miss for me, people are generally confusing "Lack of content" with "Lack of content I want to do" for WoD, (Ashran, and the BG redos they are doing in 6.0 for instance), multiple timeless isles, and solo scenarios, among other things, next expansion will most likely make the new content amazing). I hope they have a rip off of Flappy birds/angry birds in Spires.

Deleted
    The complexity of the game. Spell ranks. The fluidity of jumping without getting demomentumed in mid air. Customisable talent trees for PvP.

2H Enh Shaman, that and tanking as a shaman.
    Last edited by Roamingstorm; 2014-02-15 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    WOTLK. That's all i miss.
    Good to see the topic was nailed by the 3rd reply.

As you've probably guessed by this point, I completely agree. WotLK got it right and the game has never been as good since. Alas, it was a better design team that came up with it, so the chances of a repeat are extremely small.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss WotLK badly. This expansion I truly had a lot of fun. Best expansion thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Intervention. That stuff saved a lot of run backs.
    Last edited by Zemiki; 2014-02-15 at 01:48 AM. Reason: edited out swear....sorry

A lot of my stuff is warlock related, because my main is a warlock. However, I am sure it is applicable - in some way, to other classes. There were things that made warlocks unique.

Spellstone/Firestone
    Farming shards pre-raid/dungeon runs
    Life tap
    Fel armor/demon armor
    Class quests - specifically the quest that made me travel to Crossroads (or around that area) as an alliance (I'm horde now ;P).
    I miss LFG in Trade or General
    Naxx, Ulduar
    Drain mana

Again, a lot of warlock-specific stuff. I really miss the "older" raids, and yes, I miss WOTLK. It was an amazing expansion. It was long, but a lot of great raids. When we got to the "end" it felt like a HUGE accomplishment.

There are a lot of things I do miss, but I still love WoW. Games go through changes, and no, none of these things (except the raid quality maybe, killing Deathwing was NOTHING compared to killing the Lich King) caused me to quit/take leave from WoW. Sometimes I would just get burned out and needed a break. I always come back!