Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If 30 carry 10 came back to WoW then LFR wouldn't be needed anymore.

40 man was certainly cool, but Blizzard have already butchered raiding hard enough. It would be simply too hard to run them in the current situation.

Never ever, ever.

It would never work now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    If 30 carry 10 came back to WoW then LFR wouldn't be needed anymore.
    I'm not sure why we hear this so often. We're not talking about late Classic where you could PuG MC with a few carriers, while the rest took a break and drank tea whilst masturbating violently.

Some fights were VERY tightly tuned for 40 players, such as Twin Emps, The Four Horsemen etc. Tell me you did those with "30 carrying 10", and I'll laugh and call you a liar.

Deleted
    I'm quite happy that 40 mans are a thing a of the past, they were fun when we had them but the game has simply moved on. If by some twist of fate they returned to wow as an optional raid size I would most likely avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    The question is, did you know anyone? Nobody I know who raided 40 mans didn't like it, and everyone I know who raided 40 mans was royally pissed off when they removed them from the game.
    Yes. In my guild, there are some veteran players from the start of the game and they did not enjoy 40 man raiding. Getting 40 people together on a regular basis to raid. Then during the raid getting everyone to be raid, moving to A to B. Then there was the performance issue.

They do not miss it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    The question is, did you know anyone? Nobody I know who raided 40 mans didn't like it, and everyone I know who raided 40 mans was royally pissed off when they removed them from the game.
    Yes. In my guild, there are some veteran players from the start of the game and they did not enjoy 40 man raiding. Getting 40 people together on a regular basis to raid. Then during the raid getting everyone to be raid, moving to A to B. Then there was the performance issue.

These are their experiences.

They do not miss it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Yeah, because Molten Core and Blackwing Lair are complex fights with lots of imagination, and exclusive mechanics....
    you dont know man, you wasnt there!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    40 man was certainly cool, but Blizzard have already butchered raiding hard enough. It would be simply too hard to run them in the current situation.
    I'm not so sure. I think if there were a chance at an extremely rare and powerful item, a 40 man raid could make a triumphant return.

I see people claiming 40 mans were more "epic" and I have to protest that. It is not true as the more players the more you feel like a small cog in a big machine and the more limited the set of skills you use becomes. It also allows a lot more people to be carried while at the same time forcing the game designers to be more lenient due to probabilities of losing players due to disconnects.

WESTMORELAND: O that we now had here
    But one ten thousand of those men in England
    That do no work to-day!

HENRY V: What’s he that wishes so?
    My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
    If we are mark’d to die, we are enow
    To do our country loss; and if to live,
    The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
    God’s will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
    I would much rather play the part of a skilled hero, one of but a small few up to the task, utilizing as many of my skills as I can find useful to defeat the enemy that as a cog in a machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookies View Post
    I'm quite happy that 40 mans are a thing a of the past, they were fun when we had them but the game has simply moved on. If by some twist of fate they returned to wow as an optional raid size I would most likely avoid them.
    I'm certain most people would. It seems like 10M flex is the wave of the future.

to make it viable, they would need to remove lookinf for raid
    so it would be a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    [Nostalgia] I wonder if 40 Man raiding will ever return in its glory to an epic scale. It would certainly make 10, 15, 20, and 25 man raids look laughable.[/Nostalgia]
    Yeah, laughable. Like "Hah, hah, what a giant waste of time."

too much lag. not worth the effort
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    They would need make spell effects less flashy, would be unplayable otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    They would need make spell effects less flashy, would be unplayable otherwise.
    well last i heard they were trying to make it so you only saw your spell effects and animations. to lessen the lag

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    well last i heard they were trying to make it so you only saw your spell effects and animations. to lessen the lag
    Even without the return of the 40 man raids, that would be a nice bonus. Or, even just diminish the appearance of the spell while in a group. It could look spectacular when solo, and look very basic when in a large group.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Even without the return of the 40 man raids, that would be a nice bonus. Or, even just diminish the appearance of the spell while in a group. It could look spectacular when solo, and look very basic when in a large group.
    yeah. it would help alot. hopefully they can figure it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    No 40 mans would be a failure, The community has long & forgotten 40 mans. It would cause more problems than help.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    40man sounds like a fun clusterfuck, I'd like to experience it sometime but I doubt it'll come back.