Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mage kicked from Guild not enough dps?

Hi there and thank-you for taking the time to read this. recently I was kicked from guild for not pulling 300kdps on every encounter on Soo. Basically they quit guild and formed a new 10 man group for doing heroics and said I never cut it dps wise. I am a 564 Arcane Mage and for an example on garrosh my damge is usually end fight is around 230k dps. Numerous previous Guildies said with an itm level of 560 item level 300k dps should be easily attainable. On some fights such as Sha and Galkaras I do push 300k but Garrosh I've never come close to that. Just looking for opinions on how other mages are doing dps wise on high movement fights such as Garrosh?.

worldoflogs.com/reports/cv8iz9zcfe1rr4xk/analyze/dd/source/?s=8698&e=9257

Thank-you for any comments,

Kolx

Question A: Are you doing more DPS than the others? If so, they need to bring themselves out of suckiness and you're free to look for a better group to play with since they want you to carry them even more.

Question B: If not A, are you the lowest? If so, no wonder you got kicked.

No I'm not the lowest. It was just a general statement that with a 560 plus character as a mage no matter the spec I should be pulling 300k dps. Like I said a lot of fights I do but no where near that end fight on Garrosh. Just wondering what other mages are finishing Garrosh end fight dps with gear levels around 564.

Thanks

People need to stop using WoL, bleh!

You're not last on the damage so I'm guessing there's a background reason other than DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    They probably wanted to make room for a hybrid and they used your inconsistent dps as an excuse to replace you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Very weird that they kicked out their 5th highest DPS on all kills (overall)

There's either more to this story that you're hiding from us (like you're sleeping with the GM's girlfriend/wife, or you stole a lot of stuff from their GB), or they're just fucking retarded idiots who auto-assume Mages are gods of DPS just because they're Mages. EITHER WAY, you got off lucky and now are free to pursuit a much better guild
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

With that gear level you should be able to pull 300k+ dps in every fight expect Immerseus.

I know world of logs arent the best place to identify how much damage you should be doing and why, but atleast it gives an indication on what others are doing. While quite baseless, it might be what they use to argue for your 300k on garrosh or whatever the fuck.
    Might i add that i find it funny how they kicked you this late into the patch, "to do heroics"- on 10man wich will be null in the next expansion. They cant be that good themselves, just saying.

Dont feel bad about it man, just focus on doing what youre doing, just better. Always try to improve, if you think you're doing the best you can, chances are you arent. Look at videos for nice tips and tricks to maximise your dps, use progress to "not progess the boss" but "progress how to handle the boss while doing max dps" DPS is sure to follow once you know the fight by heart. Anyway, i dont even play anymore, so what do i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    They probably wanted to make room for a hybrid and they used your inconsistent dps as an excuse to replace you.
    Inconsistent or not, he's 5th on overall (strictly kills). They could easily kick out the much worse Mages/Hunters in the guild.

I'd also like to point out that your DPS (OP) is more than enough to start Heroics. Maybe not get too far into them, but you're solid over the other people.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-02-15 at 02:27 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    To see how you perform relative to your class/spec vs the others in the raid, look at the page you linked.

1. Click the Analyze Tab
    2. Click the Ranking Info option from the drop-down menu.
    3. Look at each encounter, the second-to-last column is what percent of the 'Rank Limit,' or the d/hps you'd have to do to rank on WoL.
    4. Compare your percentage to others in your guild.

The percentages are skewed, because some classes have a much higher/lower sample size than others due to the number of players playing that particular class, but it should give you a general idea as to how much of your potential damage on a given encounter you actually did.

You're playing arcane, which is virtually an absentee spec, since both Fire and Frost are better suited for most fights in SoO.

That being said, you're performing better relative to your spec than both of the other mages on what looked to be every fight, and better than 60% of your raid group based on the same criteria.

My advice - play something other than arcane, become fluently skilled with it, and find a better group.

As to why you got kicked, you can chalk it up to them picking X over Y for any number of reasons. The sad thing about many guilds is that sometimes it doesn't matter how well you perform, you'll ride pine to a girlfriend/brother/cousin.

Edit: As someone else mentioned, it could be a social issue, one that 'we' don't know about. Find a new guild imo, if you're not interested in arguing your merits vs social hierarchy.
    Last edited by Femininity; 2014-02-15 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Inconsistent or not, he's 5th on overall (strictly kills). They could easily kick out the much worse Mages/Hunters in the guild.

I'd also like to point out that your DPS (OP) is more than enough to start Heroics. Maybe not get too far into them, but you're solid over the other people.

Thanks for the info everyone. I will trying to bump up the dps like you said in regards to learning more on the fight mechanics etc. As for not getting invited to the heroic group it was a matter of getting a long with the guild leader. Reason for the post though was like I said them saying numerous times dps was not enough with my itm level. But anyway enough of that and thanks for the comments and support!!. I think i'm gonna go kill Garrosh now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    People need to stop using WoL, bleh!

You're not last on the damage so I'm guessing there's a background reason other than DPS.
    Why stop using WOL? If you'll read my above post, it's an incredibly valuable tool to see where your raiders fall vs others of their chosen spec, especially so in a 25-man guild. Yes the numbers are skewed, but it's much better to use WoL than, say raidbots or proraiders, since they use WoL information anyway, and it's much more detailed if you know how to use it even in the slightest.

You're not going to find out the reason, but it's one of 3 things:

1. They kicked you because they found another mage or other DPS who they know could perform better (whether that's in raw numbers, utility, mechanics performance, attendance or a combination of all 4);
    2. They kicked you because they didn't like you (whether you did something to warrant this or otherwise);
    3. They kicked you so the GM, officer, raid lead's buddy or girlfriend could raid with them instead.

Since they didn't bring you along, even for a bench spot, I'm going to go with #2 (that doesn't mean #1 or #3 don't also apply here too).

I wouldn't sweat it, you could improve your numbers a bit but I'm sure you will be able to find another guild (one that will better appreciate having you on their raid team). Good luck in your guild search

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kolx View Post
    As for not getting invited to the heroic group it was a matter of getting a long with the guild leader
    Ok. Don't ever use him as a reference.

That Ranking Info is very interesting thanks!!.

Quote Originally Posted by kolx View Post
    As for not getting invited to the heroic group it was a matter of getting a long with the guild leader.
    Well then, you pretty much answered your own question...

my quiestion is what are other similiar geared mages doing end fight dps on Garrosh normal.

Quote Originally Posted by saraxp View Post
    Why stop using WOL? If you'll read my above post, it's an incredibly valuable tool to see where your raiders fall vs others of their chosen spec, especially so in a 25-man guild. Yes the numbers are skewed, but it's much better to use WoL than, say raidbots or proraiders, since they use WoL information anyway, and it's much more detailed if you know how to use it even in the slightest.
    I'm not saying to stop using WoL because it's bad or false info or whatever, more so that people should be moving to Warcraftlogs now. Keep up people!

Ok you got kicked from so no name guild on your server. There are like almost 260 other guilds that are starting or finishing heroic progress to apply to? I'd rejoice and find a stable 20-25m guild for WoD if you want to continue raiding. 10 mans are cancer anyway and are dead as of WoD if you want to do real progress. Waste of time for you to even join that group.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-02-15 at 02:48 AM.

On Garrosh, do you do any special function that would lower your dps? We have one person burn the weapon and one person burn the engineer. The weapon more so, but both are a significant drop in damage. The weapon person loses much of the AOE damage that everyone else is getting.
    Is this where the header goes?