Thread: 10HC Immerseus

10HC Immerseus

Hey there,

I am in a 7/14HC guild and we, for some reason, tend to have an inordinate amount of trouble downing this boss each week compared to others, to the point where it typically wastes around 40+ minutes of our raid night to kill.

This is the strategy/positioning that we currently use: i.imgur. com/ VTRdfc2. png (Remove the spaces from the URL, couldn't post a link until I post more times)

We have the occasional death to swirl or the DoT which is not a positioning problem, but our most recurring issue seems to stem from the adds.
    Our initial kills were done with a Prot Paladin which made grabbing aggro on them all extremely easy, however we now have a bear tank instead that does the adds, and we sometimes end up with a large group of adds on the melee healer or running around in the range group which usually ends with someone dying.

If anyone can suggest a better method of doing the fight, or has any tips for getting a Guardian Druid to reliable grab aggro on every add, even those that are far away, it would be much appreciated.

If anyone needs any extra info to help out, I can try to elaborate.

Both tanks should be getting the adds with the 2nd on Immerseus going out before a corrisive breath. Most of your problems will be coming from retard DPS who are goofing off or trying to rank. There are so many adds and so many waves that they need to help and tanks out and make sure they stay behind him as the adds come out, can't do anything if some huntard is 40 yards away with 5 adds on him.

Do you have a holy paladin the raid? Something we used was to have a holy paladin with Righteous Fury on. The adds would come to the paladin and the tanks could easily take them off him before they hit him.

We have had a holy paladin for a couple kills and it made it much easier, but at the moment no, we have a priest & resto shammy healer.

Well that graphic has some details wrong to start. Adds do not pop out of players, they pop out of a random place around Immerseus, they will typically aggro to healers over tanks as well. Second, there is no reason to have the raid split like that at all. I don't have an image of our strategy but we call it the conga line.

We use the platform in back of Immerseus for the pull, the entire raid (except the current boss tank) lines up single file and not stacked along the line of runes on the right side of the large platform (facing Immerseus so its the west side), every time pools drop the entire raid just takes 1 step left maintaining the line. When the first breath comes out the tanks swap positions and the first tank picks up the adds as they run to the healers and they are aoed maintaining the line as best you can. Upon boss split we go to assigned platforms and kill black adds, then we repeat with 2nd pots used for the 2nd time Immerseus is up. If you get through the 2nd cycle you're basically done with the fight, it only gets easier.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Hm we might give that standing on one platform thing a try, less spreading out seems like it would help us. Thank you for the suggestion

Gonna second Aethilus's post. We do it a similar way.
    Entire raid on one segment, except current boss tank, who's one segment to the left.
    Every time a breath goes out, the raid moves one segment to the left, the tank that took the breath stays still, and the taunting tank moves over two spots.

A hunter to misdirect the adds to the tank picking them up to ease the pain for the raid.