Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonRemedy View Post
    "The large conquest cap is great, but it's hard to gear up when fighting fully geared people in the 1200 bracket. any fix in future?" - seriously what do you want to fix you can beat 1.2k rating players in blue gear no matter if they are fully geared you just have to have some skill and not a retard partner. i ele shamy for the first and i entered in arena with half malevolent and blue gears and did 1800 rating and i'm not a "pro" player
    Honestly? It's because the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Rather than coming to terms that they themselves aren't that good, it has to be players gaming the system to get lower ratings. That, or it's because Blizzard hates their class, or some other external reason. Pretty much anything but their own ability.

It hurts to admit it, but I'm not very good at PvP despite how much I love it. Part of it is, I just suck. The other part is I'm an altaholic and never play just one class, and the other part is I don't do arena's very often (I'm more of a BG type person), and I've never had a problem at low ratings even when severely undergeared. There are some truly atrocious players out there, and god bless'm because if they weren't there I'd never win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I for one will unsub. I wanted to steamroll the challenge mode set on my lock in wod and didn't know they would remove it. Didn't want to pay 200k or real money like everyone to get a boost by heroic players
    One of the reasons I love MMOC so much is that people will threaten to unsub over practically anything, but this one takes the cake.

Instead of nerfing 10, why not make 25man as difficult if not more difficult than 10man since 25man guilds always laugh at 10man raiding at being the easier/joke of end-game raiding.

Funny thing Paragon still managed to beat it with lower ilevel than Method.

so they will remove CMs on 5.4.7 patch? Is it pre-expansion patch or will it be 6.0??

Does this mean Ahead of the curve will be taken out too or not yet?

According to wowprogress.com there's 250 guilds that has killed Garrosh heroic 10man.
    According to wowprogress.com there's 219 guilds that has killed Garrosh heroic 25man.

Nerfs to 10man, totally legit.
    I mean seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    According to wowprogress.com there's 250 guilds that has killed Garrosh heroic 10man.
    According to wowprogress.com there's 219 guilds that has killed Garrosh heroic 25man.

I mean seriously?
    This is the most idiotic statement I think I've seen in quite some time,

Are you even remotely aware of how many 10 man guilds there are versus 25 man guilds? No? Didn't think so.

I mean seriously?
    According to wowprogress.com there are 660 guilds that have completed 13/14 SoO heroic 10 man
    According to wowprogress.com there are 334 guilds that have completed 13/14 SoO heroic 25 man

It's almost like there is a population imbalance between 10 and 25 man guilds doing Heroic SoO...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    so they will remove CMs on 5.4.7 patch? Is it pre-expansion patch or will it be 6.0??
    "Keep in mind that Challenge Modes are not going away with Patch 5.4.7, but with another patch before Warlords of Draenor."

Quote Originally Posted by Renerock View Post
    This is the most idiotic statement I think I've seen in quite some time,

Are you even remotely aware of how many 10 man guilds there are versus 25 man guilds? No? Didn't think so.
    How many of the 10man guilds are even considering themselves a "heroic guild", by that I mean killing everything heroic while ahead of the curve is still obtainable? There's WAY, WAY more 10man guilds because it's the easier format to set up and run for casual raid / guild leaders. (not claiming 10man players are worse than 25man, it's a time/effort thing).
    Of the serious 10man guilds pretty much all of them have killed Garrosh already, same with 25man. Stop protecting 10man like it's your child or something, just because something is more popular (in terms of how many does it) doesn't make it right to judge them all under one. Example: Most of JB fans are 10-16 years old. Let's just say that all fans are that age group and make things equal for them. No... There's different levels of how "belieber" you are etc. Just as you can be 10man and not really care about progress and you can be 10man and die for progress.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

How many of the 10man guilds are even considering themselves a "heroic guild", by that I mean killing everything heroic while ahead of the curve is still obtainable? There's WAY, WAY more 10man guilds because it's the easier format to set up and run for casual raid / guild leaders. (not claiming 10man players are worse than 25man, it's a time/effort thing).
    Of the serious 10man guilds pretty much all of them have killed Garrosh already, same with 25man. Stop protecting 10man like it's your child or something, just because something is more popular (in terms of how many does it) doesn't make it right to judge them all under one. Example: Most of JB fans are 10-16 years old. Let's just say that all fans are that age group and make things equal for them. No... There's different levels of how "belieber" you are etc. Just as you can be 10man and not really care about progress and you can be 10man and die for progress.

You totally just let my point just fly over your head, not sure what point you are trying to make with that fruitless dribble of a post. Are you really going to sit there and try to arbitrarily diminish the amount of 13/14H 10m guilds working on Garrosh based on your untenable statement that "some" of them might be too casual to even attempt Garrosh?

"According to wowprogress.com there are 660 guilds that have completed 13/14 SoO heroic 10 man
    According to wowprogress.com there are 334 guilds that have completed 13/14 SoO heroic 25 man

It's almost like there is a population imbalance between 10 and 25 man guilds doing Heroic SoO..."

Of course there are going to be more 10 man kills then 25 man kills on heroic garrosh, that doesn't mean the fight is easier on 10 man, since there are almost double the amount of 10m vs 25m guilds working on him. Hence the nerfs. Have you even done the fight? Are you aware of how massive an advantage it is in the first intermission to have the amount of stuns/silences that 25m has for the adds? How advantageous it is to be able to bullshit your way out of all the adds after empowered whirling that 25m can? The sheer amount of CDs for the whirling? To be able to soak Malice #4 without having to go to extraneous and lethal ways of doing so, potentially hitting a "soft" enrage with him casting a trillion adds at 100 energy shortly after malice #5 that 10m have to deal with if your dps is short or if extra energy is gained during malice #4?

Some fights are harder on 25m, some fights are harder on 10m. Garrosh is harder on 10m.
    Last edited by Renerock; 2014-02-15 at 03:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They specifically said not 5.4.7. Since we get x.0 immediately before a new expansion's release date "another patch" before release of WoD should probably be read as the "pre-expansion patch" which should be 6.0. (In MoP we got 5.0 (5.0.4 technically) on August 28th. The expansion itself actually released on September 25th. This is how it's always worked.)

Of the serious 10man guilds pretty much all of them have killed Garrosh already, same with 25man.
    But twice as many guilds have cleared 13/14 Heroic in 10 man than 25. So clearly those doing 400 or so guilds that have done 13/14 heroic 10 man are "serious".

If you are not going to use percentages when comparing non-equal sized groups, you are doing it wrong. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're doing it because you don't understand math v. doing it in an attempt intentionally mislead people.

@renerock, not sure why you are quoting me when clearly I am agreeing with you. I was simply showing that twice as many guilds are at 13/14 in 10 man v. 25 man, so the fact that an equal number of guilds have finished 14/14 shows that the Heroic 10 man Garrosh isn't balanced correctly.
    Last edited by Siddown; 2014-02-15 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    Who cares about a nerf to "watch youtube vid kill boss" content.

The severe level of retardation in the PVP responses is much more worrying.

Deleted

Of course there are going to be more 10 man kills then 25 man kills on heroic garrosh, that doesn't mean the fight is easier on 10 man, since there are almost double the amount of 10m vs 25m guilds working on him. Hence the nerfs. Have you even done the fight? Are you aware of how massive an advantage it is in the first intermission to have the amount of stuns/silences that 25m has for the adds? How advantageous it is to be able to bullshit your way out of all the adds after empowered whirling that 25m can? The sheer amount of CDs for the whirling? To be able to soak Malice #4 without having to go to extraneous and lethal ways of doing so, potentially hitting a "soft" enrage with him casting a trillion adds at 100 energy shortly after malice #5 that 10m have to deal with if your dps is short or if extra energy is gained during malice #4?
    Quite comprehensive analysis. I might add that kiting the adds is not trivial in 25.

However, other points made, namely, 1st intermission silences and 4th malice are the gamebreakers here.

I just cannot understand how the devs didn't see the difference in the number of soakers compared to the number of players required to spawn an iron star. There is absolutely no logic, and it makes the hardest part of P4 much much much harder for 10man guilds. I personally can't understand why it that alone wasn't changed at the beginning of progress.

Other nerfs are justified to be saved to this point of the progress curve.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    10-man Garrosh was about right in my opinion. The issue is 25-man Garrosh being vastly undertuned to the point where you can simple stack for Empowered Whirling Corruptions and eat all the subsequent explosions from spawning Minions. With that in mind, I agree with the clump check change, but not necessarily with the HP nerfs. It seems a more equivalent adjustment would have been to make Empower Whirling Corruptions deal a lot less damage in 10-man.

no. they are going to remove them with 6.0 which is pre xpack patch. we are still months from it.

Some fights are harder on 25m, some fights are harder on 10m. Garrosh is harder on 10m.
    Arguments like this and insults around them are a primary reason why I can't wait for WoD and 20-man Mythic raiding to start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    It seems a more equivalent adjustment would have been to make Empower Whirling Corruptions deal a lot less damage in 10-man.
    That would encourage even more to 1 heal the fight which was the reason Blizz wanted to nerf Garrosh HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    If you are not going to use percentages when comparing non-equal sized groups, you are doing it wrong.
    If you have to use absolute percentages to compare the two you're also doing it wrong thanks to factoring in a portion of the sample which doesn't intend to defeat Heroic Garrosh-- in both groups.

My apologies Siddown haha I was just reemphasizing your post for him, didn't mean it to imply disagreement