Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Talking Entertainment: New Mount Ideas!

Earlier today I found a thread I enjoyed about engineer-specific mounts.
    Thus, this entertaining thread exists to brainstorm about mounts you'd want!

For entertainment purposes, try to keep it related to a class or a profession.

Personally I'd love:

Monk - some type of larger cloud, bigger than zen flying!

Hunter - the ability to mount your companion, of course!

Warlock / Paladin - all about the winged steeds!

Cooking - one of the large pots used for cooking found in Pandaria!
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    skinning - a leather rug with the head of a dead bear

engineering - a mole machine that you can dig through the ground with.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Victorias View Post
    Hunter - the ability to mount your companion, of course!
    This sounds wrong on so many levels, i don´t even...

I'd kill (a boss) for a mountable Nerubian, the simplest type.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    I really want an updated model of "The Sky Claw", the mount that were supposed to be before Sky Golem... : / When they changed Sky Claw, I got so mad...:/

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This sounds wrong on so many levels, i don´t even...
    I just realized. I feel dirty now...
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    I thought that a better mount for killing Garrosh heroic would have been a rideable Sha. You know, the big ones like Sha of Pride. Just shrink the model to an appropriate size, put a saddle on its upper back and there we go!

how about new /mountspecials?

have it cause your mount to detect a stealthed gnome NPC which it then eats.

or breath a breath of an element that temporarily effects the surrounding area (snow, fire,water etc)

or random bodily function like hiccup, sneeze etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vbnm247 View Post
    how about new /mountspecials?

have it cause your mount to detect a stealthed gnome NPC which it then eats.

or breath a breath of an element that temporarily effects the surrounding area (snow, fire,water etc)

or random bodily function like hiccup, sneeze etc.
    I'd actually love for some fire from my dragon hawk /mount special.

Or perhaps having your horse (god knows we have a few) sit down, like that Jackie Chan movie!
    Oh lawd

Make mounts larger, especially flying mounts. A Tauren or dwarf riding on top of the tiny little Wyvern/Gyrphon looks ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love ride-able spider mounts. And a flying mount based on those freaky web-legged flying nerubian creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes should get a large Orc mount named Hodor and ride on his back

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting- A cloud of enchanting dusts that surrounds you and flies, carrying you in it.
    BS- Hoverboard
    LW-> Ginourmous Teddy bear that runs around on 2 legs and carries you in a pouch, similar to Sky Golem.
    Inscription- Paper wings that let you fly.

And.. I'm out of ideas from a quick brainstorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think it'd be pretty cool for warlocks to be able to fly (once they get the flight skill of course) when they go into demon form with their wings

Deleted
    still waiting for the day bliz implement the steam tank as a mount, more likely engineering i'd have thought, but i guess as it's very 'alliancy' they wont do it. saying that though, they technically have the gyrocopters ala flying machines.

Tailors haven't had any mounts since wotlk, possibly some more of those, even a leatherworking variant.

still waiting for an enchanted broom much like the temporary one you get during hallows end, best created by enchanters imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other mounts - more sphinx-like mounts similar to the winged guardian, but even more sphinx-like as depicted in pop culture.

Maybe we can find some other population of tol'vir and get more lore about their connection to Titans, and more Titan-made creatures.

-A giant bat mount, but using the skeleton of the proto-drakes, complete with wing-walking - I mean a giant bat.

-Wings that make your character fly him/herself, like what the wings on Fangs of the Father totally should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Other mounts - more sphinx-like mounts similar to the winged guardian, but even more sphinx-like as depicted in pop culture.

Maybe we can find some other population of tol'vir and get more lore about their connection to Titans, and more Titan-made creatures.

-A giant bat mount, but using the skeleton of the proto-drakes, complete with wing-walking - I mean a giant bat.

-Wings that make your character fly him/herself, like what the wings on Fangs of the Father totally should have been.
    God, yes please. The Egyptian / Uldum era was too short!
    Oh lawd

Deleted
    Warp Stalker
    Mechanical raptor
    How about a Kor'Kron annihilator without the stupid flag?
    The goblin car from Kezan
    One of the planes already in game!
    Some sort of enchanting mount...Hrm..Maybe some ethereal creature?
    Eagle/ falcon
    A paladin specific eagle/ falcon. Preferably comprised of solid awesome.
    A pair of demonic wings for warlocks that use the Illidan flight motion.
    A spider.
    A wasp.
    A Spidertank.
    A gnome walker!
    As random as it may be, I'd like a wolf mount that uses the -other- wolf model. It looks more steamlined.
    A water-only shark mount. Or mantra-ray you ride like the kite models.
    A full dragon. With two seats for a passenger.

None of this will be a reality however. I've put them on my christmas lists to Greatfather Winter oh so many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk-they should just make zen flight scale with mount speed.

Shaman-earth-borer mount

Totally agree with pally/lock flying mounts.

Also agree with a flying scarab mount.

A basilisk mount.

Actual chimera flying mount, like the ones in winterspring.

Ravager mount.

Since we have sky golem do the same sort of animation but with ancient guardians (like the hobbits in the lord of the rings) also with doomlords(maybe the warlock flying mount)

Allow worgen to glyph or something into carrying someone on their back like druid travel form.

Infinite drake flying mount.

A bigger cooler version of the dark hounds in tirisfal glades.

Albatross flying mount

It would be cool to actually have a personal klaxxi mount.

A smaller version of the yeti you do the quest on in kun Lai.

More rhino mounts.

More water mounts- profession based ones--fishing boat(fishing), submarine(eng), I've always wanted more underwater zones so a diving bell for BS- it would shoot you down very fast to the ocean floor and also back up, not really a mount but It would be cool.

A fishing flying mount....bare with me- bubble- surrounds caster in a mysterious bubble of water that allows user to fly through the skies. It would look like the bubble that's around the fishy pet and it would use the swimming animation in the air.

Cooking mount- a crazy mixture of ingredients that turn into a monster that eats you and you move around in it, same concept as bubble mount but not flying). Think of the food monster in the episode of spongebob where squid word needs to show off squilliam his 5 star restaurant. Same animation as those slime creature npc's that have bones and stuff inside.

Okay I can't think of any more lol.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

We need Siege/Steam Tanks from Engineering. Every variation, from the dwarven ones to the Strand of the Ancients and any other ones, but especially this Tol Barad recolored Flame Leviathan:

Also, updated and newly modeled gnomish airplane.

And we need a slightly recolored (colors of the gnomish banner) Clockwork Giant (XT Deconstructor model) mount. Like the gnomish version of the Sky Golem)