Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not removal but definitely balancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    IMO they should be treated like engineering bonus's. They should be more dramatic and even more unique but only outside of rated PVP. WPVP is never fair and there's no substantial rewards that would favour a race who was op for a temporary amount of time.

They should never remove them completely though, as it's good to have race uniqueness.

I actually think it should go in the total opposite direction. I would prefer to see racials that had even more of an impact on the game and gave even more options and customization to your class decision. I think it can be balanced just as anything else as long as they are actually thinking about it in those terms. I would love to join an arena game and have to play just a little bit differently if I run into a dranei mage as opposed to an undead one.

no more homogenization pls

Now that I think about it, I would actually like them in WoD to do a little bit more against this CC train and give everyone a baseline trinket racial that makes you immune for 5 seconds but only has a 30 second lockout with regular trinket. That way you have two outs with one being more potent than the other and it gives some depth to that decision. I do think that a pass would have to be made to other abilities though, a DK for example with AMS/IBF/Desecrated Ground/Racial/Trinket/Lichborne... *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I'm all up for it! And remove symbiosis from rated play while you are at it.
    Why don't we remove all lvl87 abilities while we are at it? All cc? All cc-breakers? Maybe just leave autoattack in, just to make it super fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    give everyone a baseline trinket racial that makes you immune for 5 seconds but only has a 30 second lockout with regular trinket.
    Would make 'run in pop all CDs' comps excessively strong. Plus it would really imbalance all types of PvP including 3v3.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Would make 'run in pop all CDs' comps excessively strong. Plus it would really imbalance all types of PvP including 3v3.
    That can be balanced around.

Plus why do you think this does not happen with all human or to a less extent, undead teams already?
    Its already happening, at least let every other race join in.

Just last week I faced a team of a human warrior, BM hunter and priest that did literally just this. Why are humans only allowed to not have to use a pvp trink?
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-02-17 at 02:55 PM.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    That can be balanced around.

Plus why do you think this does not happen with all human or to a less extent, undead teams already?
    Its already happening, at least let every other race join in.

Just last week I faced a team of a human warrior, BM hunter and priest that did literally just this. Why are humans only allowed to not have to use a pvp trink?
    Exactly my point, I'm all for them rebalancing the racials for PvP since humans is obviously superior to all the others.

What the OP suggested though was being immune to CC for 5 seconds (which would be hilarious against classes that can already do this - Warriors skillstorm, DK's AMS, Paladins bubble, pretty much all Rogue abilities) which would let a team tunnel you for up to and over 10 seconds whilst being completely unpeelable.

Quite different from PvP currently.

Not thinking big picture, perhaps instead of making you immune it works like the monk and makes subsequent CC less potent. Don't nitpick the implementation, nitpick the idea.

Racials should be removed in general. I have no idea why with WoD, which would be the perfect opportunity to finally get rid of this horror to balance in the game that adds so little to actual gameplay, they don't want to do this already. A bunch of racials are obsolete due to the removal of expertise and hit, and instead of just removing all other racials too they are going ahead and try to come up with new ones and then try to balance them which obviously doesn't work considering they've never been balanced for the past 9 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    My concern would be the large number of high end PvEers and PvPers that went horde during the course of MoP due to racials. Were Blizzard to delete racials, what would be the incentive to spend all that money to come back and make the world first kill races and arena rankings more balanced in terms of faction representation. Seems to me the damage is done. Should Blizzard make the alliance ones clearly superior (at least to the min/maxxers calculations) and we have a flood of top tier horde converting to alliance when 6.0 goes live, than they'd be in the same boat alliance is now.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-02-17 at 03:20 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    When you get into an argument IRL, do you only face opponents of equal size/strength?

I don't think so......

If you can't keep up with the big dogs, stay on the porch with the puppies.
    Diversity is there for a reason
    This /10char

Deleted
    They should change racials to be even more relevant than they are now! I think a racial should have the impact on pvp to be a gamebreaker. They should be balanced though, like undeads permanent immune to fear / bleed effects, orcs do 5 -10% more damage with axes, trolls regenerate 1% max hp every 2 second, etc etc. Like make each racial unique and special ! <-- Just examples

And while we are at it, let us customize the fighting animation on our characters ! I want my character to fight with a two-handed weapon as a male orc, dual-wield as a female undead, figth with a shield and one hand as a male dwarf. That'd be fucking awesome.

Any performance enhancing racials should be out the door. Stuff like +10 enchanting or whatever is fine.

Also EMFH should be a baseline ability for all toons. Even Bioware realized this was a good idea (in TOR).

I'm about 99% sure this won't happen, but I would be happy to be wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    if u dont use pvp trinket you lose like 2500 pvp powa? no? (5200 with new patch))
    Soo... They still lose PVP POWA SO EVERYTHING IS OKAY
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Any performance enhancing racials should be out the door. Stuff like +10 enchanting or whatever is fine.

Also EMFH should be a baseline ability for all toons. Even Bioware realized this was a good idea (in TOR).

I'm about 99% sure this won't happen, but I would be happy to be wrong.
    Pretty much this, I hate feeling like I need to play a certain race to min-max a class in certain environments. Racials should be purely aesthetic; Fun. Longer breathing, resistance to magma, faster gathering/crafting speed, higher gold drops from mobs, higher jumping distance or whatever - There's lots of things you could do, they don't have to be huge but I really dislike how it is now. I feel like I pretty much need to be a human if I want to min-max, and quite frankly they're probably my least favorite race in WoW, so obviously i'm not happy with it.

At the very least, like you said - Make EMFH baseline so that everyone can just get two trinkets, and if they don't want to make the racials aesthetic - At least balance it so that there's no 'clear' winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Now that I think about it, I would actually like them in WoD to do a little bit more against this CC train and give everyone a baseline trinket racial that makes you immune for 5 seconds but only has a 30 second lockout with regular trinket. That way you have two outs with one being more potent than the other and it gives some depth to that decision. I do think that a pass would have to be made to other abilities though, a DK for example with AMS/IBF/Desecrated Ground/Racial/Trinket/Lichborne... *shudder*
    Bubble / Trinket for everyone!

yeah man fuck humans and their op ass racial.

how is that a real racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Pretty much this, I hate feeling like I need to play a certain race to min-max a class in certain environments. Racials should be purely aesthetic; Fun. Longer breathing, resistance to magma, faster gathering/crafting speed, higher gold drops from mobs, higher jumping distance or whatever - There's lots of things you could do, they don't have to be huge but I really dislike how it is now. I feel like I pretty much need to be a human if I want to min-max, and quite frankly they're probably my least favorite race in WoW, so obviously i'm not happy with it.

At the very least, like you said - Make EMFH baseline so that everyone can just get two trinkets, and if they don't want to make the racials aesthetic - At least balance it so that there's no 'clear' winner.
    Likewise I would still stay human on my alt warrior simply because of how fluid the attack animations are.

Blueberry would be cool, though.