Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    My concern would be the large number of high end PvEers and PvPers that went horde during the course of MoP due to racials. Were Blizzard to delete racials, what would be the incentive to spend all that money to come back and make the world first kill races and arena rankings more balanced in terms of faction representation. Seems to me the damage is done. Should Blizzard make the alliance ones clearly superior (at least to the min/maxxers calculations) and we have a flood of top tier horde converting to alliance when 6.0 goes live, than they'd be in the same boat alliance is now.
    High-end PvPers went to Alliance, not the other way around. That being said, the result would be the same. It would make the queue times bad again for random battlegrounds (it's nearly instant for Horde EU currently).

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    yeah man fuck humans and their op ass racial.

how is that a real racial.
    Don't forget orc racials as well, look at all of the huntards out there, majority are orcs (yes, EVERYWHERE).
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2014-02-17 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    High-end PvPers went to Alliance, not the other way around. That being said, the result would be the same. It would make the queue times bad again for random battlegrounds (it's nearly instant for Horde EU currently).
    Things must be reverse on Euro servers, on Us servers it's instant random queues for alliance, but large numbers of top level alliance PvEers and PvPers went horde during MoP.

RBGs http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/rbg
    2V2 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/2v2
    3v3 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3
    5v5 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/5v5
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Things must be reverse on Euro servers, on Us servers it's instant random queues for alliance, but large numbers of top level alliance PvEers and PvPers went horde during MoP.

Yes so we should stop this "uhh enemy racial is so op, losing every game to it.", racials don't make players.
    While it's annoying to have an undead mistweaver monk, or op double trinket humans, it doens't make that big of a difference.
    It will maybe only decide a few games in a hundred.

That's pretty weird actually, EU:

RBG: 35% of top 1000 is Horde.
    2v2: 31% of top 1000 is Horde.
    3v3: 19% of top 1000 is Horde.
    5v5: 23% of top 1000 is Horde.

That's really, really weird that it's the exact opposite on US. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Otzsx View Post
    Yes so we should stop this "uhh enemy racial is so op, losing every game to it.", racials don't make players.
    While it's annoying to have an undead mistweaver monk, or op double trinket humans, it doens't make that big of a difference.
    It will maybe only decide a few games in a hundred.
    Although I agree my message was somewhat lackluster, I posted this on another topic:

Yes, now look at this. Sure, Blizzard somewhat fixed the Human racial for PvP, but it wasn't balanced enough to get people to race change back to their original race. They haven't touched Night Elves yet, so nearly all min-maxing Druids and Rogues changed from Human (or Horde) to Night Elf.
    I don't think one race or the other is a lot better than the other for PvP, except for the Night Elves within Alliance. I also agree with you that people should stop blaming losses on races, but the problem is: something out of your control will be remembered a lot more clearly than a loss because you screwed up. That being said, I don't think I've ever lost an arena match in MoP (since the Human racial nerf) because of racial imbalance. Although Shadowmeld is really, really annoying and should be changed.

Deleted
    seriously go play some esports game, you people are so annoying with your "fairness" in a rpg
    there NEEDS to be distinctions and power differences between different players or else we would be fucking playing some shit shooter

Quote Originally Posted by pvpganking View Post
    seriously go play some esports game, you people are so annoying with your "fairness" in a rpg
    there NEEDS to be distinctions and power differences between different players or else we would be fucking playing some shit shooter
    Some people (including me) want fairness in PvP. You know why? (You don't). Because esport games are all in a different category. That's like saying: "Why do you want a fair football match? Just play basketball.", which is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I'd second this. 99% of half serious PvP'ers being Female Human is a bit silly.
    Why is it silly? People play the characters they like, I see so many belfs...dont bother me a bit

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Personally I think they should to bring everybody down to a level playing field, especially with the OP human racial or the orc dps racial.
    "QQ Humans are too OP!!"
    No. They're an integral part of the game. Why not remove all gear while we're at it, all character designs, all damage modifiers, and all spells so we're grey cubes running into each other to do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshelle View Post
    Why is it silly? People play the characters they like, I see so many belfs...dont bother me a bit
    Ohhh my mistake! How silly I must have looked when I claimed most half serious PvP'ers roll Human because of the amazing racial when in fact it's just because they all just coincidentally like playing human, same as all druids just like playing Night Elf. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if they shifted the Every Man For Himself to a different class that no-one would re-roll and that race definitely wouldn't also suddenly become over-represented.

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    "QQ Humans are too OP!!"
    No. They're an integral part of the game. Why not remove all gear while we're at it, all character designs, all damage modifiers, and all spells so we're grey cubes running into each other to do damage.
    What an extremely strong and constructive counter-debate, you must do this often.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-19 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    "QQ Humans are too OP!!"
    You must be new to this game. The Human racial that everyone is talking about, was only added at the very end of The Burning Crusade. It's not a signature move of the Humans by a long shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    It brings variety and spice to the game - please don't ask them to homogenize it more...
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

That's pretty weird actually, EU:

RBG: 35% of top 1000 is Horde.
    2v2: 31% of top 1000 is Horde.
    3v3: 19% of top 1000 is Horde.
    5v5: 23% of top 1000 is Horde.

That's really, really weird that it's the exact opposite on US. I wonder why.
    I have noticed the same thing. I think it is a sensibility of society sorta thing. I don't know if you play on US, but the playstyle is different as well. US tends more toward mongo style comps that rush down a target or bust, but in my experience EU tends more toward CC comps that take either setup or long kills. Who knows what the actual reasoning is, but I do think it should be noted that when people talk about these sorts of things they need to realize that the US and EU are mostly totally different in what they prefer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    It brings variety and spice to the game - please don't ask them to homogenize it more...
    That's just it... it doesn't. If you're serious about pvp it's human or gtfo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I'm all up for it! And remove symbiosis from rated play while you are at it.
    Why should Druids lose an ability? I see nothing wrong with it.

Fine by me. Let the racials remain active in PVE/RP for lore's sake, since some people actually play the game for that. They've already broken the "lore" aspect by allowing Ally vs. Ally/Horde vs. Horde RBG's (arenas have always been this way, but they aren't really based around lore so much as the BG's), so there's no reason to leave racials in PVP. Most racials are trivial, but some are simply too good at certain points in a season/expansion, pigeonholing people into playing those races, almost exclusively, just for the edge.

I'd like to be a female panda just for the lulz on my rogue, but WotF from undead is just too stronk. Racials that passively add damage or the ability to optimize gear for more damage (Touch of the Grave or Every Man for Himself) also cause issues. Granted, they aren't by any means unbeatable, the game simply doesn't need more burst/damage potential in PVP than it has currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Why should Druids lose an ability? I see nothing wrong with it.
    If you can't understand how gamebreaking Symbiosis is, I'm tempted to ask if you've ever been past 1750 in arenas/RBG's or if you've ever watched Glad/R1 streams on Twitch, maybe even Blizzcon's arena tourney? It's broken and simply stupid.

Everyone should at least have an EMFH trinket and go from there.

In a perfect world for me all racials would be achievable by a trinket, so everyone gets 3 of them.

Keeping the reality, no, they shouldn't. It is one of the few things in the game that haven't been normalized yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    Love these sort of "don't remove because you'd lose class diversity!" replies, despite the reality is one class being obviously superior in PvP, bottle-necking anyone half serious to play it.

Removing racials would actually offer more class diversity since it wouldn't force someone to be a certain race just because of slight advantages.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-19 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    They could at least mirror them between horde and alliance.