Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Stop giving Honor for losing BG's.

Seriously Blizzard needs to stop giving Honor rewards for losing Random Battlegrounds.

Today out of pure boredom I went in to do a few for no reason. The number of bots, people who couldn't care less about actually winning etc. Amazing.

Just showing up and randomly running up and down to avoid afking out, shouldn't be rewarded in any shape or form.

I know, I know, Queue times, just being unlucky etc. etc. gimme Honor, I need it excuses.

Just no.

Increase the Honor rewards for completing objectives, and remove the reward given just for losing, and overall increase the total Honor rewarded per game to make up for longer queue times. But don't just give honor for being there.

Tie the rewards, to picking up Flags, delivering Flags, for Top Healing, Top Damage done, to Capping or Recapping Towers/Bases, Capping carts/delivering carts, etc and give the Honor rewards to the individual not the entire group, this way even if you lose, those who actively took part in the fight are rewarded, botters and afkers don't get diddly squat. Maybe that way BGs will become playable again, and bots will go away.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9582058211#1
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-02-01 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    I disagree, I think there should be some base honor given for losing just due to the time investment.
    It's low enough to give incentive to actually win.

But I do think players who put more effort in should gain more honor.

Yeah, that 60% average horde winratio sure makes this an excellent proposition.

I'm not saying the honor system is flawless at all, in fact I'd love it if it started rewarding objective play (And defending) rather than zerging. I've spent the majority of a lot of AB games defending a base (Mostly stables and LM), and even if the action has been fairly heavy around it, I always come out with less honor than the people who have done nothing but follow the herd, fight on the road, and generally be useless all game. That's what you need to address. All removing honor gain from losing would do would be to increase Horde queue times even more, because Alliance will queue less and less. It's an awful main suggestion, though parts of it are fine.

Tying rewards to objective play is good, removing honor for losses is not.

Because honor points are truly important....

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Randoms BG's are meant for people to gear up, get better, and work as a team. Taking away the HP's would only hurt this.
    Giving Honor for doing nothing, doesn't get you better or teaches you to play as a team. Doing nothing teaches you that doing nothing is the way forward. Thus interrupts hacks, one button rotations, win trading and botting are the next logical extension.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-02-01 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than take away the consolation prize, how about tripling honor gains for active participation in the map's objectives? For example, if you run a flag or remain within X yards of the flag runner, if you engage an enemy near your flag/base/node, drop a flag carrier, stand near a cap in progress, etc, you get three times the honor you'd normally get for participation, win or lose, and the 'win/lose' honor gets tripled as well.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Rather than take away the consolation prize, how about tripling honor gains for active participation in the map's objectives? For example, if you run a flag or remain within X yards of the flag runner, if you engage an enemy near your flag/base/node, drop a flag carrier, stand near a cap in progress, etc, you get three times the honor you'd normally get for participation, win or lose, and the 'win/lose' honor gets tripled as well.
    I did mention that. But that would only work if you actually take away the consolation prize for not doing anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Losing gives you less honor than the winning team. That's incentive to win for most people. If you took away the HP's bots, AFKs, and whatever else will still queue for BG's. It's wouldn't solve anything, it would only hurt the people who are actually trying for 3 things I mentioned above.
    It will most certainly improve the lot that is left. Combined that with objective based rewards and you improve the overall quality of the games being played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just make the honor gain from winning that much higher like Callei mentioned. Much bigger incentive to win. Really even if Blizzard does do what Callei suggests, the community itself needs to buck up and get over their bad attitude and try and work together.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So far playing random BGs for honor is one if the least efficient strategies to gear up for PvP.

Average loss fives you about 500 honor/hour. Winning random BG gives you about 3 times as much (1500-1650 honor/hour). If you have 50% win rate, your honor/hour will gain 1000 honor/hour.

On the other hand, doing random dungeons gives you about 2-3k justice points per hour which translates to 1.1-1.6k honor per hour.

If anything, blizzard must double rewards for both loosing and winning in order for random BGs to be worth the time (unless you are botting or AFKing).

Deleted
    Please no!

Bad idea.

Its already bad enough that you think everything is about winning vs losing. There are far to many variables in player skill and behaviour in a team of 15-40 people.
    You already get punished by getting less Honor, such a severe punishment is stupid.
    I put alot of effort into my BGs. I'm a very competitive person, and i always attempt to win. But i can't control the other people on my team, having to do double work for the same reward because of losing is already punisment enough.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Losing gives you less honor than the winning team. That's incentive to win for most people. If you took away the HP's bots, AFKs, and whatever else will still queue for BG's. It's wouldn't solve anything, it would only hurt the people who are actually trying for 3 things I mentioned above.
    No, if people still gain honor then that is enough incentive.
    I have seen plenty of people, even the majority in lots of cases who have no intention of actually participating, and who do not give a damn about a win or loss.
    Because they are rewarded for it regardless of the result.

It needs to be better tied to objectives.
    Nobody (who is sensible) complains how there is no loot in a dungeon if you don't kill anything, but that is exactly what you are saying should happen in PvP.

I have suggested this previously myself.
    Why not extend the honorable defender buff concept to honor completely.
    Be in proximity of an objective when you get a kill or you get nothing.
    Random ganking to hump the meters is a plague in the battlegrounds, and yet those people who are intentionally harming the end result still get honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Or just make the honor gain from winning that much higher like Callei mentioned. Much bigger incentive to win. Really even if Blizzard does do what Callei suggests, the community itself needs to buck up and get over their bad attitude and try and work together.
    If a team is outgeared/outplayed then there would then be no incentive to actually play, but would simply afk or leave early.
    The reward NEEDS to be tied to suitable participation, something that even a losing team can get.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-02-01 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Giving honor even if u lose is like "its okay to bot, and afk, u still get honor", if blizz made this change perhaps less ppl would bot in BGs
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

You realize that if they gave no honor for losing a lot of alliance would just go horde, then have long ass queue times because there aren't any more alliance.

Let's take a flawed system and just break it!

10+ Year Old Account
    So many short sighted people :S Anyway, honour is pretty much useless..i just trade it for motes

i never try in the random bgs, i just pvp. if you need honor, spam av for alliance and strand for horde.

done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I lost 9 out of 12 games last night, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to bother running another battleground at max level as an Alliance again.

Sure, give me Honor to my Hunter who luckily came in and got the Kill Shot crit off for a kill. Give Honor to the Warlock who dots up every enemy in AV. Give it to the Druid friend farming Honor with his Warlock friends keeping the spring for %hp on at all times. Give it to the Rogue who stays in Stealth and caps the flag when his teammates closeby kills off the enemies defending the flag.

There would be way less actual teamwork and more "me me me" because you would only get points for capping the base/flag. Everyone would leave the towers/bunkers in AV in favor of trying to get the next one down the line as well.

Your idea is way too easy to abuse for Honor gain. While the current one is too, why go to a system which is easier to gain faster Honor for less work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Sounds like OP is putting way too much stock into random BG's.

I would see a whole new type of ganking in the form of Gladiator's going into BGs and purposely fucking up their team. BoPing someone about to pick up the enemy flag. Life Grip someone that might get a point, or just grabbing the flag and laughing as your team watches you force a lose because you're a gladiator and the enemy team prob can't kill you, and your own team can't do a think.

Get a dick? No Honor AT ALL.