Damage Reduction priority

I have been looking for awhile, but I can't seem to find anywhere that lists out the damage reduction priority against physical. I was solo soaking malkarok on 10 man heroic and it seemed pretty easy so I wanted to run the numbers to see if I could maybe drop Rook's trinket and/or living corruption for double amp to increase my DPS output.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzbar View Post
    I have been looking for awhile, but I can't seem to find anywhere that lists out the damage reduction priority against physical. I was solo soaking malkarok on 10 man heroic and it seemed pretty easy so I wanted to run the numbers to see if I could maybe drop Rook's trinket and/or living corruption for double amp to increase my DPS output.
    % based cds stack multiplicatively, so there's no "priority".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commutative_property
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-02-16 at 12:50 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The only damage reduction that is not multiplicative (and thus independent of the others) is absorb, which is applied after all the reduction multipliers (which have no set priority, because of 3rd grade maths ).

You can safely swop trinkets. As was said, damage reduction is multiplicative if you stack CD's.

For instance AD + DP doesn't give 40%, it gives 36%.

Basically keep SoTR up with holy avenger. Start with AD+DP and then GoAK after 10 sec. Job done.

10man heroic? Easily done without Rook's, I stick with tail tip + vial for it. If you don't get a second blood rage (we sometimes do if DPS die) then you don't need the vial either.