View Poll Results: What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class ( IYO)

Voters
1260. This poll is closed
  • 0%

660 52.38%
  • 0-10%

189 15.00%
  • 10-20%

58 4.60%
  • 20-30%

51 4.05%
  • 30-40%

30 2.38%
  • 40-50%

58 4.60%
  • 50-60%

48 3.81%
  • 60-70%

34 2.70%
  • 70-80%

38 3.02%
  • 80-90%

25 1.98%
  • 90-100%

69 5.48%
Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post

An easy mistake, he only really even appears in-game in the goblin starting zones and it's possible to miss seeing him fight. It's more of a description of his combat style than his personality, since he's generally focused more on making money and probably has at least some of his equipment made for him, but the only attack he's ever made outside of his mecha was a headbutt, and no class has one of those as far as I know. That headbutt was facilitated by his ejector seat, however.
    i see. i use to hate him(kind of still do) but after talking to him at the end of SoO. i have some respect for him.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i see. i use to hate him(kind of still do) but after talking to him at the end of SoO. i have some respect for him.
    Same here. In that short story he faced Garrosh down over a Pandaren superweapon similar to the Divine Bell. He wanted to keep it from being used at all. So Garrosh comes knocking, razing a path through Azshara right up to the Pleasure Palace, and Gallywix busts through the door in his tank and gives him a fight worthy of any other racial leader. And then when Garrosh finally manages to kill the tank, Gallywix ejects from the wreckage and launches himself right into his face, sacrificing his life just to get another shot in. It turned out to be just a vision of the future that would occur if Gallywix's henchmen brought the weapon back to him, so they left it where it was.

My respect for that guy jumped up several brackets after reading that.

Same here. In that short story he faced Garrosh down over a Pandaren superweapon similar to the Divine Bell. He wanted to keep it from being used at all. So Garrosh comes knocking, razing a path through Azshara right up to the Pleasure Palace, and Gallywix busts through the door in his tank and gives him a fight worthy of any other racial leader. And then when Garrosh finally manages to kill the tank, Gallywix ejects from the wreckage and launches himself right into his face, sacrificing his life just to get another shot in. It turned out to be just a vision of the future that would occur if Gallywix's henchmen brought the weapon back to him, so they left it where it was.

wow. he has more respect from me now.

Deleted
    I dont think Tinkerer should be in the game, reasoning being that for example my main has been a engineer since vanilla and always carry a half inventory of gadgets, if Blizzard want some more Thinkerer experience, they could simply add some more fun and unique gadgets to the engineering profession, but i think adding a class would undermine Engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    That thing isn't published where I live either. It's called research, and it's what you do when you want to have a basis for an opinion that isn't made of bullshit. And your "theory" was that they started at preschool age, based on what you saw in Star Wars. Are we counting Star Wars as canon now? 'Cuz Star Wars has Bounty Hunters, and those would be sick to play as in WoW.
    No, my theory says they start at an early age. I cited the Star Wars as example. The aforementioned hero would be in school right now, which gives credibility to my theory.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, my theory says they start at an early age. I cited the Star Wars as example. The aforementioned hero would be in school right now, which gives credibility to my theory.
    in WoW, a mage starts his magical studies around the time a normal kid starts school or pre-school.
    Those ages are between 3 and 5 years old. You were specific. The young man in that story is at least 10 years older than your "theory" would suggest. Which means that no, it has no credibility. And it can no longer be called a theory, at best being nothing more than a thoroughly disproven wild mass guess. Which is hardly surprising, considering your refusal to do research has rendered the bulk of your oeuvre into that.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2014-03-03 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    I dont think Tinkerer should be in the game, reasoning being that for example my main has been a engineer since vanilla and always carry a half inventory of gadgets, if Blizzard want some more Thinkerer experience, they could simply add some more fun and unique gadgets to the engineering profession, but i think adding a class would undermine Engineering.
    1.Blizzard can't really add offensive gadgets to Engineering, because doing so would potentially cause the profession to be OP.
    2.The class wouldn't undermine Engineering. People spec into Engineering to build mounts or craft armor, not to tank raids, or heal. Also a Tinker could also partake in the Engineering profession, so where's the damage?

10+ Year Old Account

No one ever respects the little guy, or takes them seriously until something like this. I hope Gelbin Mekkatorque gets some love like this in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    can an engineer build a mech and battle with it? nope. so tinkers can happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those ages are between 3 and 5 years old. You were specific. The young man in that short story is at least 10 years older than your "theory" would suggest. Which means that no, it has no credibility. And it can no longer be called a theory, at best being nothing more than a thoroughly disproven wild mass guess. Which is hardly surprising, considering your refusal to do research has rendered the bulk of your oeuvre into that.
    My, my... such anger...

And my theory still stands. You gave me one example, the hero of that book. But it just that. One example. It just means that not all mages start at an early age. We see the hero never pursued anything because of his shame for being too weak for being a fighter like his brother, hailing from a family that apparently distrusts mages, being how they practically shun their other brother who became a practicioner of the arcane arts.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And yet it's still vastly superior to the countless threads about how Blizzard is failing, or how buying 90s is a crime against humanity.

Hell, I'd argue with Thing, Ielenia, Suckhoi, and Yig until the end of time before I subject myself to those ridiculous threads.

- - - Updated - - -

I do too. It indicates that the Tinker implementation is going to surprise a lot of people.
    At least do us the courtesy of getting our names right. Idek why i was brought up. I could care less if tinkers become a class or not at this point. Im just tired of seeing the thread
    Last edited by Sukhoi; 2014-03-03 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    can an engineer build a mech and battle with it? nope. so tinkers can happen.
    Who said Tinkers can?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    1.Blizzard can't really add offensive gadgets to Engineering, because doing so would potentially cause the profession to be OP.
    2.The class wouldn't undermine Engineering. People spec into Engineering to build mounts or craft armor, not to tank raids, or heal. Also a Tinker could also partake in the Engineering profession, so where's the damage?
    As a Gnomish ENG myself, I have a dozen tinkers that give me all kinds of offense. Like a Goblin Glider, Incendiary Fireworks Launcher, Tazik Shocker, and more. Granted, most of my items are Defensive or just for fun, but the word Tinker is found in the category for each of these items.

Don't misunderstand me. I love Gnomes (and goblins when I am forced to play Horde with friends). I love Engineering. I even love the thought of a tinker class that should go to ONLY Gnomes and Goblins. But, even I can see there is far too much similarity for the class to ever be completely distinguishable from the profession. It would be the same if Mages relied on Potions for some of their damage. How would Alchemists feel? If it did ever come to WoW, I would like it to be Gnome and Goblin only, and you get certain class bonuses if you take ENG as a prof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    As a Gnomish ENG myself, I have a dozen tinkers that give me all kinds of offense. Like a Goblin Glider, Incendiary Fireworks Launcher, Tazik Shocker, and more. Granted, most of my items are Defensive or just for fun, but the word Tinker is found in the category for each of these items.
    Then change the name to Mechanic, Technician, Artificer, Gearsmith, Mekgineer, Inventor, etc. Tinker is merely the most common name attributed to a WoW technology class.

Don't misunderstand me. I love Gnomes (and goblins when I am forced to play Horde with friends). I love Engineering. I even love the thought of a tinker class that should go to ONLY Gnomes and Goblins. But, even I can see there is far too much similarity for the class to ever be completely distinguishable from the profession. It would be the same if Mages relied on Potions for some of their damage. How would Alchemists feel? If it did ever come to WoW, I would like it to be Gnome and Goblin only, and you get certain class bonuses if you take ENG as a prof.
    How do you figure that? If you look at the Tinker's abilities, none of them exist in Engineering. These abilities include Pocket Factory, Deth Lazor, Cluster Rockets, Gravity Bomb, Robo-Goblin, and others. Additionally, if Blizzard goes for the direct WC3 incarnation, the Tinker would utilize the Hammer/Claw tank system which also doesn't exist in Engineering.

And that's of course if we're talking about Blizzard doing a direct WC3 translation. Blizzard could very well do a technology class that takes the Tinker's abilities, and call the class something completely different, ala the Monk class.

In either case, neither effects the Engineering profession at all. The primary function of Engineering is to craft armor and mounts, not to perform the job of a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

There's no denying that there are some basic things which would at least be similar between the two, because Engineering has been both the dumping ground for all of their tech-related ideas and been trying to be a half-class for such a long time. And there are some naming conventions which would also be similar. But every class has issues like that. Mages and priests and warlocks are similar but different. Engineering's half-class properties would be different from Tinkering, in different ways maybe, but still different. The only reason this is being brought up as an issue is because Engineering is sitting all alone in the mechanical design space, while the magic design space already has multiple constructs sitting in it so that people can see the lines.

I'll agree that the Tinker tab under engineering would be better renamed to something like Augments or Gizmos in the event that the class is added. Those things aren't tinkers anyway, in any definition of the word as a noun. In terms of class bonuses though, I think Engineering creating items which Tinkers could use as gear would be plenty of synergy. Case in point, guns. Engineering is the gunsmithing profession, which would make it synergize with Tinkers if Tinkers could use guns. It could have its territory expand to include crossbows and some assorted mail gear - not just goggles, but other slots too, carefully chosen to not clash with the slots Leatherworkers can fill. All of this would combine to make Engineering the logical choice for a Tinker in the same way Blacksmithing is the logical choice for a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Who said Tinkers can?
    WC3. look it up

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    45 pages later in a heated discussion.

It is now 2016 and Tinkers are a class in WoW.
    Blizzard says: "There was popular demand, people wanted this class"
    Forums say "Worst idea ever and a class that killed WoW"
    death knights would like a word with you.

The cool thing about that, is you could throw any class prediction in there and be more or less right.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Teriz gonna be camping this thread. And just to avoid unwanted spam from him, 90-100%. Even though I feel that tinkers don't fit WoW but since they managed to fit Pandaren in Warcraft lore, I won't be surprised if I see laser shooting dinosaurs coming soon...
    Oh dear god please PLEASE be trollbaiting. Because they dident SQUEEZE the Pandaren in you idiot. In Warcraft 3, the Pandaren Bremaster Chen Stormstrout aided the half ogre Rexxar in helping Thrall construct Orgrimmar. and the Pandaren even helped Lordaeron. which if you dident know, is now undercity. it used to be the capital of humans. so no they dident SQQQUUEEEZE it. it was already there, but you failed to do your research

There's a contingent on these forums that just hate everything.

It has nothing to do with Tinkers. There's simply people out there who enjoy hating on things.