Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Why blizzard is removing content everywhere nowdays? At one point they said that removing content was bad idea and they regret removing ZA mount.

I want to have atleast possibility to get achievements, mounts etc even though I am not actively trying to get them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post

I want to have atleast possibility to get achievements, mounts etc even though I am not actively trying to get them at the moment.
    Guess what? You have had possibility to get the challenge mode rewards for a year and a half now, and for another few months. If you cannot complete time trials of only 9 dungeons in that timeframe, then you are lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wS0urc3 View Post
    Guess what? You have had possibility to get the challenge mode rewards for a year and a half now, and for another few months. If you cannot complete time trials of only 9 dungeons in that timeframe, then you are lazy.
    What if you started playing after MoP was over? What if you missed the whole MoP, but decided to come back later?

Then you've had no possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    The Black and Plagued Proto-Drake, Corrupted Ashbringer, Old Zul'Gurub mounts, Atiesh... now they remove the challenge mode gear, mounts and, to a certain lesser extend, the title? They said themselves that they hate removing things from the game, they even said that they regretted removing the Naxx meta mounts, but it seems like they don't even listen to themselves.

They should make all this stuff reavailable but as a very insanely extreme rare drop from somewhere. Either from a bag you get at the end of every dungeons or raid or perhaps even as a near-nonexistent drop from those card packs you get in Hearthstone in the form of loot cards, but hey thats just an idea.

I was thinking about coming back to this game but this is just turning me off, why should I play this game when that kind of thing will just happen again and again? I mean I'm not playing this game just to see people with these kind of thing in a "you can't have that anymore I have it you don't trollolol" stance. It pissed me off so much when I was only an achivement away from getting the Black Proto-drake, my favorite mount, back when the new version of Naxx came out.

I'm willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get that thing if Blizzard is reading this, I'm serious.
    So people who earned it should have the value diminished because somebody who didn't earn it when it was hard wants it?

- - - Updated - - -

Why blizzard is removing content everywhere nowdays? At one point they said that removing content was bad idea and they regret removing ZA mount.

But its not right for something that was meant to be a skill based reward to be obtainable later with a lower skill requirement. The things that are removed are generally prestige things, and they are removed because the requirements to get them when they are current are different than later on, this goes for PvE and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by tuxedospoon View Post
    What if you started playing after MoP was over? What if you missed the whole MoP, but decided to come back later?

Then you've had no possibility.
    It is not blizzard's fault that you have chosen not to play, for whatever the reason may be. That is like expecting a band to still be playing the same concert for 5 straight years because you couldn't be bothered to see them when they were performing. MANY things have had limited time in WoW, this is nothing new. If you missed the boat on something, you move on. People need to realize that they are not entitled to EVERY single thing in games, and that some things actually require dedication and work.

Deleted
    Raids are meant to be challenging, still blizzard has no issues with people soloing raids to get gear and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    LoL again...people crying because they don't have access to 100% of the content of World of Warcraft...omg whats the deal man?
    This Armors are epic! They have unique animations when you /emote and when you do abilities! They are awesome and their supposed to represent your dedication and skil to the game.

Being able to wear this items is an experience in itself. Is epic! ITS NOT SUPOSED TO SEE EVERY PERSON WALKING THE STREETS with frign challenger mode transmogs man! That would be stupid and meaningless to wear it.

This turns you off so you wont came back to the game? What's the matter? Are the amazing looking epic tiers in LFR not good enough for you? Now you want easy access to challenger modes?
    You are ruining the last drop of incentive there is in this game after LFR by making this gear accessible to the masses.
    Stop crying about the epics you cant get easily (almost afk).

You can always have the challenger modes of Draenor if you come back -_-
    CMs Transmog sets are only decent art gear in this whole expansion excluding the dark shaman set and they will be lost, making them unavaible in WoD is a big f**k you for new players and the ones who chose a class/spec that took the nerfbat to the face this expansion that would need to pay for a run to CMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    CMs Transmog sets are only decent art gear in this whole expansion excluding the dark shaman set and they will be lost, making them unavaible in WoD is a big f**k you for new players and the ones who chose a class/spec that took the nerfbat to the face this expansion that would need to pay for a run to CMs.
    The second reason is crap, you arent chained into one spec and most specs do fine in challenge modes, only ones I know that have issues are VERY haste dependent specs. Everybody can learn to play another spec.

Second, why should the new players be able to get the sets easier because they came late? The stat changes will throw off the balance SIGNIFICANTLY making the dungeons easier. Blizzard would need to retune them for a long time to balance with the ranking system so that new players dont completely decimate old times, nor make it stupidly hard for new players to get gold because the tuning has gone up. This would be a ton of work just so that vanity gear stays accessible.

- - - Updated - - -

Raids are meant to be challenging, still blizzard has no issues with people soloing raids to get gear and mounts.
    Considering things like Invincible and Mimirons Head have been heavily nerfed drop chance, they do make changes regarding PRESTIGE rewards. What will happen to the Konkron war wolf is also up in the air at the moment, but that too could be removed and the Heroic mount down to 1%. Raids are also different than challenge modes, with there being progression, whereas challenge modes are static.

Elite PvP gear is no longer obtainable however

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    You all have had nearly 1.5 years to complete challenge modes and probably close to another 6 months before 6.0 goes live to complete them.
    Well, to be fair, lots of players misinterpreted Blizzard's "warning" post because of its timing. The post said that they were going to remove challenge modes in a patch prior to 6.0, and since the post happened to fall the day before 5.4.7 players assumed that this was the patch in question. That's because players have short memories. Like you said, if things go the way they did in the past there will be a 6.0 patch prior to WoD's release that will completely revise game mechanics and make everyone relearn their class. That's when this stuff is being yanked. I think that most of the rage was due to the OP misinterpreting the warning as a 3-day notice rather than a 6-month notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wS0urc3 View Post
    That is like expecting a band to still be playing the same concert for 5 straight years because you couldn't be bothered to see them when they were performing.
    Maybe you can't see the concert, but you can probably buy t-shirts and/or DVDs for that concert. I still have a Men at Work tank top that my oldest kid probably wouldn't even fit into anymore. I also have a Sting concert shirt from when I was older that I will probably never fit into again unless I spend less time playing WoW and more time exercising If someone wants to buy either of those for a couple of thousand dollars then I bet we could work something out. I'm sure the same will apply to this stuff. At some point the Darkmoon Vendor will have it available for so that if you spend 8 months whacking gnolls upside the head you can pretend to be as cool as the Challenge Mode completionists.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Well, to be fair, lots of players misinterpreted Blizzard's "warning" post because of its timing. The post said that they were going to remove challenge modes in a patch prior to 6.0, and since the post happened to fall the day before 5.4.7 players assumed that this was the patch in question. That's because players have short memories. Like you said, if things go the way they did in the past there will be a 6.0 patch prior to WoD's release that will completely revise game mechanics and make everyone relearn their class. That's when this stuff is being yanked. I think that most of the rage was due to the OP misinterpreting the warning as a 3-day notice rather than a 6-month notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you can't see the concert, but you can probably buy t-shirts and/or DVDs for that concert. I still have a Men at Work tank top that my oldest kid probably wouldn't even fit into anymore. I also have a Sting concert shirt from when I was older that I will probably never fit into again unless I spend less time playing WoW and more time exercising If someone wants to buy either of those for a couple of thousand dollars then I bet we could work something out. I'm sure the same will apply to this stuff. At some point the Darkmoon Vendor will have it available for so that if you spend 8 months whacking gnolls upside the head you can pretend to be as cool as the Challenge Mode completionists.
    Yes you can buy the t-shirts and stuff from that concert where they sell them. And in 6.0 you can still buy the challenge mode gear given you meet the prerequisite. However, like the concert, you cannot do the challenge modes themselves later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I think they regretted removing the Naxx mounts because they removed them so early, lots of people were barely even halfway through before they were gone.

Its not a bad thing to have trophies from the past, if the game is so shit that Blizzard cant inspire you with current content then something deeper must be up. Thats why I consider the BMAH an admission of failure. People want old sets so bad they had to make a shop for it.
    They removed them at the perfect time. They should have removed EVERY meta mount when the content was no longer current tier.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    The second reason is crap, you arent chained into one spec and most specs do fine in challenge modes, only ones I know that have issues are VERY haste dependent specs. Everybody can learn to play another spec.

Second, why should the new players be able to get the sets easier because they came late? The stat changes will throw off the balance SIGNIFICANTLY making the dungeons easier. Blizzard would need to retune them for a long time to balance with the ranking system so that new players dont completely decimate old times, nor make it stupidly hard for new players to get gold because the tuning has gone up. This would be a ton of work just so that vanity gear stays accessible.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering things like Invincible and Mimirons Head have been heavily nerfed drop chance, they do make changes regarding PRESTIGE rewards. What will happen to the Konkron war wolf is also up in the air at the moment, but that too could be removed and the Heroic mount down to 1%. Raids are also different than challenge modes, with there being progression, whereas challenge modes are static.

Elite PvP gear is no longer obtainable however
    I never said they should get them easier but they should be able to get them, the tech to allow that exists, if blizz added so many cc this expansion that it is out of hand right now both in pvp and pve it's not new players fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Yes you can buy the t-shirts and stuff from that concert where they sell them. And in 6.0 you can still buy the challenge mode gear given you meet the prerequisite. However, like the concert, you cannot do the challenge modes themselves later on.
    My point is that someone who was not even born when I attended that Sting concert can buy that shirt from me, regardless of whether they attended it or not. Are you saying that I'll be able to buy challenge mode gear from other players who met the prerequisites in MoP?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

The real reason people are complaining is about, they want to faceroll them in WoD, since they're too hard for them.

About the topic that if you choose another main bla-bla, well you have like 6-8months, level all characters to 90, get some Blue 463iLvl gear and some mix of ToT LFR/Normal/HC and get them on all your characters.
    Thats what im going to do atleast, do them on 3 more characters to get all the phoenix colors, just incase they become account-wide.
    If you can't find a group, because you don't have "TEH EXPZZ!!!1211!!", pay 100k, get carried on 1 alt, then you have your exp.

But, please stop complaining. As others posters above me said, if you want to have it, go get it - no excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You are the special snowflake that thinks is entitled to all the content without even work for it.
    You are the cancer for the lack of immersion in this game.

Little baby whiners:
    "Uahh epics! plz epics Blizzard! Uahhh! PLZ give me epics without effort! uahhhhhh" cry cry

(sorry I hate this thread so much, you have no idea)
    Yes, because asking for something to still be possible = asking for everything mailed to us..

At least TRY some basic reading before ranting
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    It is not logical to remove Challenge mode if blizzard does not remove raid mounts and gears.

1. raids are meant to be challenging and the pinnacle of pve challenges and later they are soloed and no prestige there

2. challenge modes are not static, there is progressive difficulty level because if you are lower gear than ilvl that dungeon scales down to, it is harder or impossible. Also ilvl scaling does not effect gems and enchants. Also balance patches have effect.

Deleted
    Well, I never even tried them, but despite this, i'm all for content becoming unavailable once it's time is over. I do not even have one thing that is not obtainable in the game, but I would like to.

That kind of things is just a part of your account, what builds it, the reason why you like your account so much and never will get rid of it.

To be honest i've got both the red proto-drake and red volcanic stone dragon, respectively on early WotLK and early Cataclysm, and i'm truly butthurt that it remained obtainable past the first patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I like when they don't make things available anymore. Prime example being my Swift Zulian Tiger, nobody can get that mount anymore and I will always have it... I like that.
    Yup, I got my Amani War Bear and I'm happy of that, dumb Battle Bear wannabes.

It is not logical to remove Challenge mode if blizzard does not remove raid mounts and gears.

1. raids are meant to be challenging and the pinnacle of pve challenges and later they are soloed and no prestige there

2. challenge modes are not static, there is progressive difficulty level because if you are lower gear than ilvl that dungeon scales down to, it is harder or impossible. Also ilvl scaling does not effect gems and enchants. Also balance patches have effect.
    Raids have always and will always have progression. Even if you choose to never equip a better piece of gear, they are designed with gear progression in mind. Challenge modes are NOT designed with the thought of hit/expertise being removed, so the removal of those stats throw off the balance horribly.

In addition, the "prestige" mounts have had there drop rates nerfed to 1%. However, challenge modes do not have drop rates and whatnot, they are solid rewards tied to achievements, and thus would not be accurately modified like Mimirons Head, Incinvible, Rag and Deathwing mounts and presumably the mount from Garrosh heroic.

Deleted
    You want to ''buy'' something that has to be earned? Personally I wouldn't want to wear the challenge mode gear if it all it showed is that I couldn't hack the challenge and had to cop out and buy it. ''pls link achieve'' etc. How embarrassing.