Deleted

Connected realms - your experience

Hi,
    I'm on pretty busy server so no realm has been connected to it. I regret a bit as I could use more alts

I would like to know what is your experience with Connected Realms - did it help? Is economy better? Are queues shorter? Is the world more alive and social?

Another thing - what happens if one of the servers grow so big in population that it can not longer be part of Connected Realms? Did Blizzard ever mention what happens in such a situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Siddha View Post
    Hi,
    I'm on pretty busy server so no realm has been connected to it. I regret a bit as I could use more alts
    I'll let you know next month. I did use the opportunity to create Horde characters of every class on my soon to be connected realm's sister server, both to secure as many of my character names as possible and to get Horde representatives of each class on, functionally, the same server as I have Alliance characters of each class.

I would like to know what is your experience with Connected Realms - did it help? Is economy better? Are queues shorter? Is the world more alive and social?
    I don't know yet, but I think it will be overwhelmingly positive, unlike cross realm zones which have been overwhelmingly negative.

Another thing - what happens if one of the servers grow so big in population that it can not longer be part of Connected Realms? Did Blizzard ever mention what happens in such a situation?
    I haven't seen anything. I suspect it would be a new and interesting problem. And an unexpected problem.

The EU jaedenar auchindoun dunemaul connection is working out great imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I have alts on Bronzebeard which was connected to another realm some weeks ago. I don't go there all that often but when I have been there it has been noticeably busier and the economy much better. Since you're on a pretty busy server you may not get connected to other realms any time soon. Basically it's pretty much all upside. I don't believe that there's any point in connecting large realms to others. Blizzard has said a few times that the point is to combine small realms together to get to a medium-sized population. Perhaps in the future the technology will scale to the point where we'll all be on just a few realms and at that point larger realms will be included.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-02-16 at 10:16 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Im currently part of a 3 server merge... one server had no one on it so you hardly see those people, and the other two (one of em mine) both for some reason hate each other. Like you see in trade chat them bashing each others servers all the time. Being REALLY mean about it. We just recently got connected though, so I imagine eventually that will die out. I was hoping for a more vibrant pugging scene, but so far doesn't look like it. Maybe with the start of WoD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Im currently part of a 3 server merge... one server had no one on it so you hardly see those people, and the other two (one of em mine) both for some reason hate each other. Like you see in trade chat them bashing each others servers all the time. Being REALLY mean about it. We just recently got connected though, so I imagine eventually that will die out. I was hoping for a more vibrant pugging scene, but so far doesn't look like it. Maybe with the start of WoD.
    I expect each server has over the last nine and change years developed its own culture to a degree and being merged with another creates some cultural conflicts.

Even in the cross realm zones my server has had a lot of grief thrown at it by Moonguard, typically conveying the idea that those of us from the less populated RP servers should bask in their glory and just be thankful that we're allowed to play on "their" server despite the fact that none of us would have chosen that. The Moonguardians also completely ruined Goldshire (and I am assuming Silvermoon City) with a notorious kind of activity that Cenarion Circle wasn't plagued with...

I do have some concerns about this in Cenarion Circle and Sisters of Elune's upcoming merger into Cenarion Circle-Sisters of Elune, but this time it will be my server, Cenarion Circle, that is the more populous one. I hope that my fellow CCers don't treat the SoEers as second class citizens.
    Last edited by Karnak; 2014-02-16 at 11:07 PM.

The EU Dragonmaw/Haomarush/Spinebreaker connection has been going pretty well so far. All three servers were pretty dead before, so you don't see a ton of people around, but there has definitely been a noticable increase. And it's always good when your auction house goes from 30-40 pages to 120+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    I do have some concerns about this in Cenarion Circle and Sisters of Elune's upcoming merger into Cenarion Circle-Sisters of Elune, but this time it will be my server, Cenarion Circle, that is the more populous one. I hope that my fellow CCers don't treat the SoEers as second class citizens.
    I have some alts on CC as well and soon will be moving my main there for WoD. Cenarion Circle has always been one of the most relaxed of the realms I've ever been on for any length of time. I share your hopes that the merge goes well and there's a minimum of BS associated with it. I would like to believe that 'the more the merrier' applies for the smaller RP realms. CC has always been a rather special place for me what with the 24-7 OOC channels and AAMS. I've mildly regretted leaving there for Thorium Brotherhood on more than one occasion. There's nothing wrong with TB per se but the primary reason I moved there has fallen apart over the expansion and the realm itself is quite small and not nearly as vibrant as CC was. So back to CC when the finances line up for it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    both for some reason hate each other. Like you see in trade chat them bashing each others servers all the time. Being REALLY mean about it.
    idiots being idiots in trade. it will happen & it will slowly fade away but every now and then you'll see some weak idiot fling it in someones face when they need ammunition for an argument. It's pathetic but yeah, i assume it will still happen occasionally once the initial reaction to change dies down.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the same experience i have had... are you on the Nessi/Vek/Naz merger? lol
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.