10+ Year Old Account

WoD stats and guardian druids

So I've recently resubbed and am getting back into tanking.

I see that stats like hit and expertise and dodge are going away for new tertiary stats.

Does anyone have a real quick and dirty summary about how these changes will affect us, especially since dodge is our only true "tanking" stat? Do we have any idea what a stat priority may look like come WoD? Are the other tanks losing parry and block?

Thanks for helping a confused bear out.

They don't go away. You just won't have the stats on your gear, so it just means you will have the amount of hit/expertise you need on all lvls, instead of having to reforge around to hit the right numbers.
    You will still have dodge, and other tanks will still have parry/block too. Just not a gearstat anymore
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Bears haven't really geared, enchanted or gemmed for dodge in a long time as it is. Removing it from gear won't change anything. Active avoidance is the way of tanking now. Using abilities to raise your avoidance is where tanking is now. In the case of a bear your attacks critting allow you to generate stacks that when used give you more dodge. The only thing changing is the need to reforge/gem with every upgrade to hit some magical break point of a stat, reforging is also going away.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies.

I know we haven't gemmed or enchanted for dodge in a very long while, I was just more or less curious if this change would affect any major gameplay mechanic. I see now that it really won't.

Hit: Gone for everyone. You will not "Miss" except vs things 4 or more levels above you.
    Expertise: Gone for everyone. Melee DPS will still be parried when in front of a boss, but tanks will have a passive that negates being parried.
    Haste: Remains. Haste breakpoints are gone (although that doesn't affect Guardians).
    Crit: Remains. Damage potentially reduced to 150% from 200% (unconfirmed). White crit cap raised to 100% with the removal of glancing blows from mobs 3 levels or less above you.
    Multistrike: New stat. Gives you two additional chances to deal 30% extra damage on hit. An MS hit can crit. Unclear how this stat affects tanking.
    Readiness: New stat. Increases cooldown recharge rate. Unclear what abilities it will affect, other than it will be a spec-by-spec basis.
    Mastery: Remains. Guardians are getting a new Mastery in Warlords.
    Amplitude: New stat. Rumours are that it won't make the cut for Warlords.
    Armor: New stat. Only appears on jewelery, cloaks, and maybe weapons.

Stats aren't the only things changing, classes will change too. Actually wait for some sort of beta/patch notes before you go all tinfoil hat in future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Armor: New stat. Only appears on jewelery, cloaks, and maybe weapons.
    Armor is still on everything like now. The new stat is Bonus Armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodge/Parry- Rating is gone (You can no longer gear for it in any way, shape, or form). Can still dodge/parry attacks, tanks may have higher dodge/parry chance then melee.

As for block, its currently rolled into Mastery for the 2 block tanks. So its not being changed too much.

But yea, just wait for beta to come out before saying anything, who knows WHAT changes could all go through between now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    But yea, just wait for beta to come out before saying anything, who knows WHAT changes could all go through between now and then.
    Beta is the perfect time to finally allow Guardians to parry!... okay, I'm still bitter that the lowbie bears in Ashenvale can parry while my own bear cannot.

On a more serious note, I'd think the tertiary stats will behave fairly similar, if not identical, to how they work currently on SoO trinkets. As usual, we see Blizz injecting next-expac mechanics/ideas into the final tier content as sort of a long-term testing, which has typically been tier set bonuses in the past. About the only thing we can say about secondary stats is that Blizz is hoping to make them mostly equal in benefit... as one of my alt bears cursed with almost all haste/mastery itemized gear wishes. First step is figuring out what the new mastery will be, as that has to be semi-set in stone in order for a balance to be made.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville