Thread: Season 15

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Season 15

I saw the new patch notes for tomorrow and it says season 15 has begun.

I thought season 15 begins next week ? Is that true or did I misunderstand that.

Also with the new season is ret pally still worth pvping with ? ( looking for opinions so be straight out)

Thanks all

Was kinda curious to the choice of words in the patch notes aswell as I dont' think they've ever stated that a season "has begun" like that before when a season ends.

But the original blue post about the end of the season does say this:

Season 15 Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds will begin approximately one week after the end of Season 14, and all Personal Ratings will be reset at the same time. Also note that Arena and Rated Battleground matches will not be available during the break between seasons. Once Season 15 begins, players will battle for the right to equip Prideful Gladiator gear, the most powerful PvP gear in game to date with an Item Level of 550.

Deleted
    PvP
    Season 15 has begun! With the start of the new season, Prideful Gladiator gear, and weapons are now available for purchase.
    From the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionbar View Post
    From the front page.
    Yea, that's what's causing the confusion.

It'll start next week. They've never ended a season and started one in the same patch, and there's a couple reasons for it. First it gives them time to make sure titles are all going out properly. And secondly it gives players time to farm honor for full PvP gear so everyone will be equal at the start of the season.

As for your second question, nobody really knows. Ret Paladin burst is really strong, and it'll get much stronger with 550 gear, so it depends on how damage/healing turns out to be in full 550 gear with the resilience increase. But Ret is viable in certain comps, so I'd probably still play it if I had one. Though I don't, so I guess it's largely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It'll start next week. They've never ended a season and started one in the same patch, and there's a couple reasons for it. First it gives them time to make sure titles are all going out properly. And secondly it gives players time to farm honor for full PvP gear so everyone will be equal at the start of the season.

As for your second question, nobody really knows. Ret Paladin burst is really strong, and it'll get much stronger with 550 gear, so it depends on how damage/healing turns out to be in full 550 gear with the resilience increase. But Ret is viable in certain comps, so I'd probably still play it if I had one. Though I don't, so I guess it's largely irrelevant.
    Resil is going up to 80% and Battle Fatigue is going up to 60%. In full gear there will be essentially no difference from right now. Ret will stay mediocre unless they change something. Actually Ret will be worse until you get gear.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2014-02-18 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Resil is going up to 80% and Battle Fatigue is going up to 60%. In full gear there will be essentially no difference from right now. Ret will stay mediocre unless they change something. Actually Ret will be worse until you get gear.
    All hybrids will be ever so slightly worse due to battle fatigue getting a bump. Feral/Balance Druids with HotW even more so (compared to what they had in S14).

The patch notes explicitly say S15 drops from Celestials as of today and S15 is available for purchase, though we've no way of gaining conquest till S15 actually starts... Hmm... wonder if you can get the 50 conqust from IoT PvP dailies?

Another question. Is Prideful gear faction swapped colors of Tyrannical gear or Grievious gear? I've heard conflicting reports.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-02-18 at 01:34 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    All hybrids will be ever so slightly worse due to battle fatigue getting a bump. Feral/Balance Druids with HotW even more so (compared to what they had in S14).

The patch notes explicitly say S15 drops from Celestials as of today and S15 is available for purchase, though we've no way of gaining conquest till S15 actually starts... Hmm... wonder if you can get the 50 conqust from IoT PvP dailies?

Another question. Is Prideful gear faction swapped colors of Tyrannical gear or Grievious gear? I've heard conflicting reports.
    Grievous, almost 100% sure.

Surprisingly, when I tried the PTR, hybrid off-healing actually felt very strong. The gear scaling is massive, and battle fatigue only went up by 5% this season, compared with the 10% increase we experienced last time. Healers can manage sustained damage much more easily now, but burst damage is off the charts, so people still die. Should be interesting to see how things turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dookles View Post
    Surprisingly, when I tried the PTR, hybrid off-healing actually felt very strong. The gear scaling is massive, and battle fatigue only went up by 5% this season, compared with the 10% increase we experienced last time. Healers can manage sustained damage much more easily now, but burst damage is off the charts, so people still die. Should be interesting to see how things turn out.
    That's because the battle fatigue was first 65% on the PTR, if I remember correctly. It has changed to 60%, which buffs healing in comparison with the damage decrease because of the resilience increase. Those numbers are of course just theoretic, I haven't tested the results of DPS getting an incredible DPS stat increase.

It takes 1-2 weeks (mostly 1) to manage the ladders for the mount/title assignments then the new season will start.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case anyone was curious, Prideful Glad gear IS dropping off of Celestial kills during this off week, was lucky enough to get a wrist slot item today.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

In case anyone was curious, Prideful Glad gear IS dropping off of Celestial kills during this off week, was lucky enough to get a wrist slot item today.
    Can confirm. Just saw someone in a BG with a prideful necklace...

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    6% increase in resilience (less actually, had 74.47% now I have 80.10% but whatever) compared to 28 ilvls worth of stats and scaling. Damage *will* be higher once everyone is max gear, simple as that. Massive gain in stats, which means more mastery, more haste, more raw damage, things will be very different from now.

Awesome, man Thanks for the update!

I got S15 gloves today off a Celestial today. So I can confirm that too

Deleted
    Damage *will* be higher once everyone is max gear, simple as that. Massive gain in stats, which means more mastery, more haste, more raw damage, things will be very different from now.
    Actually from my experience on the PTR burst and sustained dmg feels much better. Players are in wounded state way longer than on live. Partially as aresul of the increased health pools and the res/bf buffs. Even during burst I cant seem to be able to blow ppl up, compared to live, this is as ele btw. I think we are looking at a good all around last pvp season in MOP.

PS. Hybrid healing felt better much indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohyoto View Post
    Actually from my experience on the PTR burst and sustained dmg feels much better. Players are in wounded state way longer than on live. Partially as aresul of the increased health pools and the res/bf buffs. Even during burst I cant seem to be able to blow ppl up, compared to live, this is as ele btw. I think we are looking at a good all around last pvp season in MOP.

PS. Hybrid healing felt better much indeed.
    Ele's burst is still different to other types of bursts. For example warriors and rogues couple their bursts with stuns and healing reduction for more pressure.

Thanks for the information. Something usefull to do this week with the Warforged Seals!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone aware if the ilvl ceiling on pve gear went up since pvp gear jus went up?