Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did they stealth nerf lfr loot drops?

Did they?

Because I run all four SoO wings on 5 characters a week and maybe make out with one or two pieces, and that's with 3 bonus rolls on each character. But typically, if I do win something, it's the exact same item I already have.

I've seriously tried for a weapon upgrade on each character for the past 5 weeks, and gotten nothing. I remember winning a decent amount when I was gearing up my shaman when the raid first came out. It's like the drops have gotten worse and worse over time. Did they just stealth nerf it to force more of a grind to keep people busy?

Even if people did ninja stuff back in Cata, I think I still prefer the old system. Seemed like rng was in better favor back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ man, I give you props for being able to stand doing LFR on 5 different characters.

I know everyone hates when this is said, but RNG is RNG.

You can win an item from every boss on one character one week, and then win absolutely nothing on any toon from any boss next week. It's kind of like how one of my characters got two tier pieces in one shot from Celestials but my other characters get nothing but gold for weeks or even months on end. RNG is RNG. No matter how gracious or horrible it be to you.

RNG is RNG..

I had the same with the Secrets of the Empire, first week I had 10, second week? Only 2 garuanteed bosses >_>

if i had to put up with lfr on 5 different characters a week i would fucking kill myself. pretty sure no stealth nerfs, but you should focus on 1 or 2 characters and find a raiding guild to avoid the swarms of drooling retards that inhabit lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Even if people did ninja stuff back in Cata, I think I still prefer the old system. Seemed like rng was in better favor back then.
    That's only because you don't understand probability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say I prefer the old system. Here's how that always went.

Some asshat named Yolomcfondlez or some stupid 12 year old name would do 9k DPS, not roll for 5 minutes and they always seemed to win items they could need. Not only that, but guilds were reserving items for each other and friends were trading items.

I'm telling ya man, those 9k DPS always seemed to win everything *tinfoil*. It was like a pro-baddie system.

I do think back though to DS LFR, and it's kind of funny comparing the mechanics to the current tier of raids. LFR can literally be AFKd through for half the raid and still not be in danger of wiping. Well, unless you do them on Sundays or Mondays, then you're just asking for it.

you're probably trying too hard i find i get more loot if i join the majority and afk through the instance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    you're probably trying too hard i find i get more loot if i join the majority and afk through the instance
    Also you don't feel too bad about it if you get nothing!
    Better luck next week.

Deleted
    might be that your ilvl has gotten higher and therefore your win chance started too drop too normal win chances.

atleast i always noticed a big increase in the amount of items i won on a freshly 90 alt compared too older alts who had a lot higher ilvl.
    but after the first week were i won tons of items, all my alts had pretty much similiar win chances for an item agian.

Deleted
    Has anyone noticed Onyxia deep breathing more since last week?

did all 4 wings of lfr soo with no drops at all... gg

Kudos to you for doing LFR on 5 characters, you deserve loot purely for that!

But yes, RNG is your answer. You could go the entire of MoP without ever seeing an LFR item drop, but alternatively you could win a piece of loot off every single LFR/Flex boss you ever kill, but the probability of that happening is extremely unlikely. Chances are you just had some bad luck recently and hopefully it'll change soon! Best of luck for next week!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh geez. I get something about 1/3 of the time.
    I looted 2 of the same daggers off Norushen last week. I had a 450 and 414 dagger before. I looted a nice trinket on the next boss.
    Nothing wrong here except your luck

4 months of doing the celests on 3 toons all with a bonus roll and I havent even won motes of harmony god i hate rng

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I'm telling ya man, those 9k DPS always seemed to win everything *tinfoil*. It was like a pro-baddie system.
    Oh, the huntard I saw last night...
    He was yelling fullcaps in the middle of the bossfight "I AM SHOOTING AT THE ONE THAT IS MARKED WITH THE SKULL AM I DOING IT RIGHT?"
    I checked his DPS, man he did 18K with 80% autoattack. (this is in ToT where the ilvl must be 480+) Could not say he was doing it right. Seriously. What the hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    U got trolled, my man
    Well I kind of hope noone is THAT bad. He's been doing that shitty dps with 80% autoattack all over the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    No nerf. I got 3 pieces 2 days ago running SoO LFR on my shaman. 1 was an upgrade for my 496 belt, that had been laughing at me all this time. I did blow like 10 seals in 4 wings though, and Garrosh laughed at me as we finally killed him on the 4th try, giving me 38g for a 150g repair bill, and no VP, because I was capped. All I needed was a ring from him, that I could have rolled on elsewhere, but I was stubborn to hope for a ring, after what, 4 or 5 bosses refused to relent, and give me their ring... =(

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Oh, the huntard I saw last night...
    He was yelling fullcaps in the middle of the bossfight "I AM SHOOTING AT THE ONE THAT IS MARKED WITH THE SKULL AM I DOING IT RIGHT?"
    I checked his DPS, man he did 18K with 80% autoattack. (this is in ToT where the ilvl must be 480+) Could not say he was doing it right. Seriously. What the hell.
    Some of the people who play this game... my god. I was doing a flex run today, we had a 520ilvl frost mage, 80% of his damage was ice lance and he was under 20k dps. The worst part is that he was the leader (typical) so we couldn't kick him. I also had a Blood DK in a different Flex run and he was blaming the healer for his death and claimed he wasn't doing anything wrong. I looked at his gear and it was a mess. It was all dps gear, reforged out of mastery with hit/stam/crit gems. I understand that it's easy to tank in dps gear, I do it all the time, but his gear wasn't even good for dpsing, it just puzzled me as to how you could honestly not know you were doing so much wrong.

What I have noticed is a correlation between Valor cap and drops, before I hit cap I got armor drops, sigils etc... after I hit Valor cap no armor pieces, or sigils drops, just coin bags from the last 9 bosses I was part of killing.

No, they didn't and you know for a fact they didn't as well.

It's bad luck, nothing more.