Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Azeroth is 1 of several worlds????

How infinite is the World of Warcraft universe? Azeroth is huge and its just 1 world. Are we gonna get to a point where we leave Azeroth and go to another world completely? Not so much time travel because thats still in Azeorth, I mean physically leave Azeroth and land somewhere else? Exactly how vast is the universe and how will we even get there? These are just some of the questions ive asked myself when I watched this cut scene from Heroes of the Storm. Any theories? Or any Loremasters here know of different worlds mentioned in game?

Deleted
    uhm we've already been to different worlds? Outland and Draenor, the latter just being a past version of the same alien planet. But yes physically leaving Azeroth is possible, the Draenei have a spaceship to do just that. (even tho it's basically just generating a giant portal as far as I know, it's not really a spaceship) There are several worlds we know of: Azeroth, Draenor, Argus, Xoroth, K'aresh. The Orcs come from Draenor and are in fact aliens, the Draenei are too, but they originated on Argus.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-02-18 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Argus the Draenei homeplanet. And the Ethereal home planet of K'aresh.

While the Legion has laid waste to many more worlds.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technology-wise, I think the races of azeroth are capable of building a space craft. Very crude computers are not far behind since they already have powered flight and basic computers didn't come much after that in our own history.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yus, many many more worlds!

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the answers you seek are on wowpedia.org, I suggest having a good read through some of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    Draenei don't originate from Argus do they? They just spend a long time there before they had to move again
    Argus was the planet the Draenei (Eredar) originated on.

Deleted
    Starcraft, WoW, Diablo are not in the same world, blizzard confirmed this before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    Draenei don't originate from Argus do they? They just spend a long time there before they had to move again
    Argus was the homeworld of the Eredar. When the Legion came, Kil'jaedan and Archimond sided with Sargeras as well as majority of the Eredar race, while Velen and the remaining portion of the race fled to Draenor with the assistance of the Naaru. Velen's eredar adopted the name "draenei"; meaning Exiled ones.

They arrived in Draenor and lived for a while in peace with the Orcs until Kil'jaedan persuaded the Orcs to slaughter the Draenei.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Technology-wise, I think the races of azeroth are capable of building a space craft. Very crude computers are not far behind since they already have powered flight and basic computers didn't come much after that in our own history.
    they can build a space craft, but a faster than light spacecraft? It'd be more cost effective to just use mage portals to go from planet to planet. There's no real reason for interplanetary travel by spacecraft in the warcraft universe. (beyond the draenei of course, but their lore is just wierd to begin with)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind the countless worlds the Titans ordered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 WoW is really EVE on the ground before the Exodus.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Great...now I'm wanting blizz to make these worlds playable.

Brilliant.

So Chris Metzen can do cross over fanfiction of his favourite Blizzard game characters *thumbs up*

"Oh Arthas ...."

"Oh Raynor ..."

*significant Shojo style staring into each other's eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Great...now I'm wanting blizz to make these worlds playable.
    They already are....
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of the Storm is, first and foremost, not canon to any Blizzard Universe

And yes, as has been said, there are several other planets in the Warcraft Universe, one of which we have visited. Shouldn't come as too huge a surprise that there are more.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Brilliant.

So Chris Metzen can do cross over fanfiction of his favourite Blizzard game characters *thumbs up*

"Oh Arthas ...."

"Oh Raynor ..."

*significant Shojo style staring into each other's eyes*
    And you can bitch about it and point out how much of a one hit wonder he is, everyone is happy!
    Brilliant. There's nothing like deciding something is beneath your standards to assert your own sense of self worth and sophistication. You need a frame of reference at the expense of someone or something I suppose.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

here come the hunters to tame pet zerglings.

Deleted
    Draenei built a spacecraft,so I don't see why they can't build one again. Especially now that they are on Azeroth. So I suppose Azeroth's inhabitants could potentially lift of into space.

I can't imagine that as an expansion,though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Draenei built a spacecraft,so I don't see why they can't build one again. Especially now that they are on Azeroth. So I suppose Azeroth's inhabitants could potentially lift of into space.

I can't imagine that as an expansion,though.
    The Draenei did not build Tempest Keep. The Naaru did.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann