Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The abuse of Cross-realm

Hey,

I've been witnessing this for quite a long time now. I've seen many players abuse the system of cross-realm (being for example grouped with someone from a different realm).

1) With the add-on Oqueue : People who want to farm rares such as Krol, warbringers, Lon and so on.
    2) With the help of friends : well in that case, it seems more legit because you dont abuse other players in raid teams who expect you to come to face celestials, ToT or whichever bosses you"re intending to kill.
    3) The abuse in Pvp : example : i go to a low-populated Pvp server, i kill some people cause it's funny then people come to help "victims", i just click on "leave the party" and it's alright.
    4) Stealing of "natural" ressources of the realm : What a dream for gatherers to go to a low-pop realm : Goldthorns.... and rare ressources already that are now being farmed by people from realms not entitled to get these.
    They are mostly from highly populated realms (in the EU : Sylvanas, Silvermoon, Hyjal....) so they do have the advantages of being part of these huge realms (AH full, raids, activities on the channels.......) and also, thanks to this Cross-realm thing all the advantages of the dead realms where, up till now, people were suffering but could enjoy a little quiet, could enjoy having ressources, the only little pleasures they had.

- - - Updated - - -

So i wondered what you guys think about this ? Should it be allowed to abuse cross-realm system ?

I don't think it's "abuse". I think it is part of dealing with people (like in a MMO).

If you don't want to deal with people being around, maybe you should try to find some new strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerubisath View Post
    4) Stealing of "natural" ressources of the realm
    I agree, you should not be able to see any mining/herbalism nodes and rare NPCs from another realm.

The rest can be written off as a QoL feature to save yourself from getting corpse camped while leveling.
    Last edited by shadycharacter1; 2014-02-18 at 11:47 AM.

I have been abusing OQueue for the rares at Domination Point for honor. Now that you have brought my attention to the likes of Krol; I will be farming him as well

I tend to agree that being able to farm resources on another server is probably or at least could be a bad thing. That said I may need to abuse this myself...

Hey,
    4) Stealing of "natural" ressources of the realm : What a dream for gatherers to go to a low-pop realm : Goldthorns.... and rare ressources already that are now being farmed by people from realms not entitled to get these.
    They are mostly from highly populated realms (in the EU : Sylvanas, Silvermoon, Hyjal....) so they do have the advantages of being part of these huge realms (AH full, raids, activities on the channels.......) and also, thanks to this Cross-realm thing all the advantages of the dead realms where, up till now, people were suffering but could enjoy a little quiet, could enjoy having ressources, the only little pleasures they had.
    If you can't see herbs/mine if crossing realm... in the same way you cannot skin beasts, drop greens/blues and drop cooking ingredients. The profession must be treated all in the same way.

I used crossing realm just for the rare achievements farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not actually abuse, this is using the system as it can.

Many people who gets crossed over, they normally do so because they own server as well is crowded for minerals.
    And for the rare killings, well, that is first-man tag or find people to farm it with.

Myself, I use cross realm to go to dead servers to get rares on Timeless, or solo warbingers
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Cross-realm abuse? More like a proper way to use it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is not abuse, this is just you complaining about having to play in Azeroth with other people.
    People been complaining about this all expansion, you're a little late to the game.

How about if you don't want people from other realms coming over to mine/kill rares etc, you cannot go to other servers to kill world bosses, or join raid roups etc? Fair's fair. It's not abuse, if it was abuse, they'd at least mention a fix in the works. It's just you being ticked off about having to share an MMO world with other people.

Its called using what they implemented to good use...its not abuse...

10+ Year Old Account
    Did this the first week Oqueue came out with the dumb food monkey. Then the turtle shell rare. War Bringers, and a few others things. (can't tell all my secrets) But yea it works awesome, but does feel a bit like cheating!

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I tend to agree that being able to farm resources on another server is probably or at least could be a bad thing. That said I may need to abuse this myself...
    Well, everyone can do it. So there's not as much a loss of natural resources.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I don't think it's "abuse". I think it is part of dealing with people (like in a MMO).

If you don't want to deal with people being around, maybe you should try to find some new strategies.
    Except that I rolled on a low/medium pop server not expecting to have to deal with 500 servers worth of cross realm people killing all the mount-dropping mobs, camping the rare battle pets, and farming herbs/ore while I'm trying to level professions. I was ok with dealing with people here and there from my own server, because it's an MMO. All this cross realm shit is just out of control, though.

Deleted
    Well, i'm sorry to contradict you, but when a person enters a raid (by the means of OQ for example) just to be able to kill some rares, for like 20 sec, this is abuse, usually those people don't even say hello or anything, they just abuse the system to get what they want thus affecting other people : the raid members who were waiting for a tank, a dd + people from the said realm.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing this extensively for several things this expansion; warbringers, taming all spirit beasts, collecting 9,999 dino bones, Timeless Isle rares/rep, farming and yes PVP'ing.

Do I think it's abusive/exploitive? Absolutely not.

I can tell you that when we're rolling across 3 servers getting 3 warbringers in the same spot and getting 15+ an hour and more bags than should be humanly possible I can't believe it hasn't garnered any official attention.

I feel no shame at all when otherwise Timeless Isle for a couple of my characters is like running around an empty zone because it's farmed to the point that seeing a mob, let a alone a rare one, is something noteworthy. Same thing goes for Ordos/Celestials on my low pop server characters. I'd be shocked if Ordos was killed more than twice a week on one of them and the same celestial is up for days.

Lastly when leveling in Hellfire or Hyjal if you do so on a PVP realm, well... you get what you deserve. PVE realm friends are a godsend for those zones.
    Last edited by Misuteri; 2014-02-18 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    I totally agree with sibut on that : i sometimes enjoy to reroll on a dead realm for all the peace and quiet while leveling, upping my professions and stuff.

Hey,

I've been witnessing this for quite a long time now. I've seen many players abuse the system of cross-realm (being for example grouped with someone from a different realm).

1) With the add-on Oqueue : People who want to farm rares such as Krol, warbringers, Lon and so on.
    2) With the help of friends : well in that case, it seems more legit because you dont abuse other players in raid teams who expect you to come to face celestials, ToT or whichever bosses you"re intending to kill.
    3) The abuse in Pvp : example : i go to a low-populated Pvp server, i kill some people cause it's funny then people come to help "victims", i just click on "leave the party" and it's alright.

- - - Updated - - -

So i wondered what you guys think about this ? Should it be allowed to abuse cross-realm system ?
    I was never too partial to cross realm zoning to begin with. As days go by I get even more reasons why not. I have no problem with the model of "if you don't like your realm then move". They could have just as easily fixed this by dropping the dollar sign off of server transfers without shoving people from other servers down our throats.

Some people ENJOY being on a low population server. It (had) it's perks.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Another person mentionned the "you use OQ to get to high populated realms for raids and stuff". Well yes i admit that I do, but i dont affect anyone in doing so. I join a group, help other people killing the thing we have to deal with and that's alright. Everyone's happy. Furthermore, i'm talking about abuses, if for instance, someone from a high-pop realm is grouped on a dead realm where no one is currently farming (like often late at night or so) then it is no big deal. Ressources are there to be used. That's the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people ENJOY being on a low population server. It (had) it's perks.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what i meant at first. It had its perks. The only ones we had. Now it is pretty much over.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cross realm system shouldn't even exist with connected realms. Hopefully it'll be removed when all the realm connections are complete.