Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    glad mounts are rare and show a level of skill compared to pve mounts.
    That is only true because anyone can go back and do pve mounts. They even made it easier to do as you can now do metas in flex.

I too like the concept of uniqueness. But after seeing quite a few non-skilled raiders, who spend most of their days PVPing, claim the rewards of those who are devoted to current content raiders you start to wonder why you spend countless hours on progression and gold on flasks when you could be just PVPing and going for the only kind of mount that has any kind of uniqueness since everything else can be pugged in a couple of months.

It just seems pointless that the only uniqueness in the game favors one type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    Gladiator mounts should be purchasable. Not the current mount or even the one before that, but any others should be fair game.

I am sure plenty of people are about to unload on me for even stating this but just listen to my point first.

There are hardcore PVP players and there are hardcore PVE players. Both groups have their own mounts to display their skill level. The difference is that a PVP player w/ no raid skills can pug old raids and dungeons for meta-achievement mounts; the exceptions of Kor'kron War Wolf and the mounts that Blizz removed from the game (the original ZA bear, plague & black drake, and horses from TotGC - all of these Blizz later stated they regretted removing them.) Many of these meta-achievement mounts can be soloed or completed w a small group of inexperienced players. Even the Ashes of Al'ar can now be obtained by almost any decent geared PVE or PVP player through soloing.

But there is no way that the PVP mounts can ever go to a PVEer or anyone who isn't hardcore PVP. The plague drake and the black drake have even popped up on the BMAH but no gladiator mount has.

What I would like to see is that older gladiator mounts become purchasable for like 25k conquest points each, if not more. Doing this would build interest in pvp for those who did not have it before and give an added reward to those who pvp all the time but may not have certain mounts. By blocking off the previous 2-3 gladiator mounts, it allows the mount to remain a status of skill for about the length that pve meta-mount represents the current skill level.

No one is clinging to their Reins of the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher that they received from Glory of the Icecrown Raider, their Red Proto-Drake from Wrath Dungeon Hero, or their Rusted Proto-Drake they got from Glory of the Ulduar Raider as a testament of their PVE skill, why should Gladiator mounts from the same era be any different?
    I suppose you should get the achievements for logging in during Blizzard's 5th birthday, if you started playing on their 8th, too. Right?
    It wouldn't build any interest in pvp. The only people who would be able to purchase the mounts would be the ones who have gotten Gladiator. If anything, it would just make people hate Blizzard more.

If you want the current Gladiator mount, people who actually know how to play this game love selling carries.

The point is, if you didn't earn it at the time you don't deserve it now, didn't deserve it then, and will never deserve it in the future. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by pvpganking View Post
    wow you must be some top pve raider if your so good, your probably playing hunter or shaman, I guess
    Where is all the sudden hate on Shamans coming from? Shamans have never been, nor are they easy to play in PvP. Except for maybe Enhancement Shamans. Which ironically, are one of the harder specs of the Shaman in PvE.

Same for Hunters, they're really squishy, and if you think they're overpowered, you either play random battlegrounds, or are just not as good as you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I PvE but did some BG's whilst eating cake yesterday. PvP is boring and too easy, anyone can do it.

Stupid arguments.
    I did some 5 man heroic dungeons yesterday and me and the 3 dps put ourselves on follow on the tank while he soloed the whole thing whilst eating cake.

Gz on all them Gladiator mounts you got from random bgs full of bots.

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    The only people who would be able to purchase the mounts would be the ones who have gotten Gladiator.
    That is actually a pretty good suggestion! Like the Netherwing Drakes and Cloud Serpents, get the one you've really earned for free and if you want them on your alts/new mains, you'll have to pay X amount of gold for that mount. It'd be a pretty good gold sink too. I'd still prefer them to be free account-wide, but if they decided to put them in the shop, I'd obviously prefer the one where the player actually earned the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Where is all the sudden hate on Shamans coming from? Shamans have never been, nor are they easy to play in PvP. Except for maybe Enhancement Shamans. Which ironically, are one of the harder specs of the Shaman in PvE.

Same for Hunters, they're really squishy, and if you think they're overpowered, you either play random battlegrounds, or are just not as good as you think you are.
    harder specs of the shaman in pve? you must be joking right?, enhancement is one of the easiest specs ever. You can close your eyes and press some random keys and boom you have a high dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I PvE but did some BG's whilst eating cake yesterday. PvP is boring and too easy, anyone can do it.

Stupid arguments.
    Try getting high rated in 3v3's instead of facing bots in BG's and we'll see how easy it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    On the whole, I would be against allowing them to be purchased. They're meant to be earned, and giving them away for any price completely devalues them.
    I half way agree with this, I would sooner have every mount in game mailed to a person for simply logging in before having them limited to "Special snowflake status" (After all, you don't see car's pulled off the market and discontinued because a few of the richest people in the world happened to own one do you?) however I'd not want the Glad mounts "Purchased" maybe re-added in and can be re-earned via some new pvp feat / currency perhaps, but not like tossed on the store (though I have no issues with the pet/mount store) nor would I want to see them tossed on the BMAH because that is a whole new breed of special snowflake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    harder specs of the shaman in pve? you must be joking right?, enhancement is one of the easiest specs ever. You can close your eyes and press some random keys and boom you have a high dps
    I was talking about one of the harder specs of the Shaman class. Elemental is a lot easier in PvE than Enhancement. But it's the other way around in PvP. I know Enhancement (and Elemental for that matter) aren't one of the harder specs to play in PvE.

I don't like when they remove or make unobtainable any content in the game. Exclusive mounts, gear, titles... are fine and we need them, but shouldn't last forever.
    Being a badass 5 years ago (or playing the op class/combination) shouldn't mean you get to still look like a badass when you are no longer that way. You have newer items to look like a badass if you still are one.

IMO the same way they sell the old pvp gear when you achieve certain rating, they could also sell past gladiator mounts, the older the cheapier they are, but with certain amount of effort of course.
    Everything should always be aviable in the game, no matter how hard is to get it, never remove it.

And of course... make them account wide... in fact, make them account wide anyway. and i don't have any of them, i simply can't understand why those are not account wide, same goes with the ones from challenge modes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    how am I supposed to know if hes able to play his class? hes riding a gladi mount
    if every pve joe is able to ride one there wouldn't be any point, since pve joe cant play pvp but pvp hank can pve with one thumb
    and seriously removing any rpg aspects/distinctions between chars of the game any further wouldnt help the game
    ^ poor reasoning

I agree though that pvp mounts should stay the way they are right now

Deleted

omfg
    a lot of classes got buffed and became unskilled in wotlk(especially hybrids,which were niche in bc and required skill to be good)
    this game doesnt require skill since cataclysm
    shamans(except resto) and hunters dont require any skill since wotlk

and I am not talking about skill caps(which is a joke too right now), I am talking about skill floor being raised across the board so that every pve hero is even slightly able to stand a chance in pvp against some experienced player in that way so they can easily just gimp him with spamming abilities to around 30%-50% hp.

I destroyed people before wotlk who didn't have any expierence in pvp and they never brought me down beneath 80% health with just spaming instants like today where you can kill people with ONLY instants within seconds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    I did some 5 man heroic dungeons yesterday and me and the 3 dps put ourselves on follow on the tank while he soloed the whole thing whilst eating cake.

Gz on all them Gladiator mounts you got from random bgs full of bots.
    lol @ using 5 mans as a reference

omfg
    a lot of classes got buffed and became unskilled in wotlk(especially hybrids,which were niche in bc and required skill to be good)
    this game doesnt require skill since cataclysm
    shamans(except resto) and hunters dont require any skill since wotlk

and I am not talking about skill caps(which is a joke too right now), I am talking about skill floor being raised across the board so that every pve hero is even slightly able to stand a chance in pvp against some experienced player in that way so they can easily just gimp him with spamming abilities to around 30%-50% hp.

I destroyed people before wotlk who didn't have any expierence in pvp and they never brought me down beneath 80% health with just spaming instants like today where you can kill people with ONLY instants within seconds.
    If you die to people spamming instants (except for Frost Mages, in which case I understand), you're not as good as you think you are. Playing Elemental/Restoration Shamans at high level is pretty hard. Enhancement not as much, mostly because they have a lot more cooldowns to cope with getting beat on.

Quote Originally Posted by zechz View Post
    lol @ using 5 mans as a reference
    You didn't get his point. Heroic 5 man dungeons are the equivalent of random battlegrounds. Saying that PvP is hard, because you killed some bad people and bots in random battlegrounds, is like saying PvE is easy because you cleared Heroic Dungeons while being Heroic SoO geared.

There are already exclusive mounts. If you haven't killed Garrosh on normal by WoD, you won't be able to get the wolf mount. The wolf mount is the same as the vicious mount from winning 100 3v3 matches. Gladiator mounts should not be purchasable, let them first become account-wide, before you even think about making them purchasable.

Edit: The reason because people aren't clinging to their Reins of the X raider, is because they were puggable back in WotLK already. Let alone two expansions later. If they weren't so easy to get, maybe people would take more pride in flying around on them. Don't make gladiator mounts easy to get because PvE mounts are easy to get, do it the other way around.
    Apparently you have never raided a single instance/raid in your entire wow career, if you had. You would know that the WotLK metas were not easly obtainable, concidering you had to kill all of the raid bosses except LK, on heroic -
    In Ulduar you had to do every single boss on Hardmore, which was still, FAR from a joke even when doing ICC. Oh, and in Trial of The Grand Crusader you also had to get every single boss kill on heroic. And if you think Anub'arak was a cake walk... you are sadly mistaken.

In MoP they have nerfed this. All you need to do now to get the Kor'Kron Wolf, is by killing the bosses on Normal. Which is just to easy if you ask me.

I want Meta's back to what they were (heroic achievements) and removed when the current tier is done. No god damn 0.1% drop either from last tier heroic bosses.

I don't even know how to respond in such a manner that is not filled with hate or rage so i'll just say this:

Quite possibly one of the worst ideas I have ever read on this forum

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    I would rather they just made meta drakes unavailable after the current tier.

Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere- View Post
    Apparently you have never raided a single instance/raid in your entire wow career, if you had. You would know that the WotLK metas were not easly obtainable, concidering you had to kill all of the raid bosses except LK, on heroic -
    In Ulduar you had to do every single boss on Hardmore, which was still, FAR from a joke even when doing ICC. Oh, and in Trial of The Grand Crusader you also had to get every single boss kill on heroic. And if you think Anub'arak was a cake walk... you are sadly mistaken.

In MoP they have nerfed this. All you need to do now to get the Kor'Kron Wolf, is by killing the bosses on Normal. Which is just to easy if you ask me.

I want Meta's back to what they were (heroic achievements) and removed when the current tier is done. No god damn 0.1% drop either from last tier heroic bosses.
    The puggable was a slight exaggeration, I'll give you that. But the point is, you can buy those mounts pretty easily. Sure, you can also buy gladiator titles/mounts, but it's a lot harder to carry one person with 2/4 people, than to carry one person with 24 other people. It's a shame they made those mounts so easily obtainable, yes. But it's also a shame that they even gave raiders a Frostwyrm. It was a signature mount of high-level PvPers, and they ruined that by giving practically the same mount to a whole different aspect of the game. Just with a different, hard to notice, glow.

You can argue that they've done that all the time, which they did (and still do). But at least the gladiator mounts were heavily armored, making it very easy to see what kind of player you were dealing with in the open world. It may not mean a lot to most people, but I was disappointed when the Frostwyrm mounts were practically the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    I have an S2 Glad mount, all I can say is, if they did something like this I would probably never return. I don't agree with everything becoming available and being re-introduced. I believe you *should* be able to be a "special snowflake" and want exclusive items and titles and achievements to show that you conquered x raid tier or x PvP season when it was relevant. SMH.
    I said the same about Grand Marshal title. I lied.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    If you die to people spamming instants (except for Frost Mages, in which case I understand), you're not as good as you think you are. Playing Elemental/Restoration Shamans at high level is pretty hard. Enhancement not as much, mostly because they have a lot more cooldowns to cope with getting beat on.
    since you didn't understand my post and you obviously know nothing about skill floor or cap, I suggest you just stick to playing your hard elemental shaman at high level
    and rofl dude this game consists of like 80% instants and procs and 20% 1.5 sec casts(which are even lower thanks to haste), frost mages are no exception